• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to see a Cubs - Mets NLCS, but I do feel for the Dodgers fans out there. That 9th inning was exactly how I thought the Jays were going to go down.

Last thing anyone wants to see of their team is a guy missing so hard his jock explodes.

They have to do some house cleaning in LA. Starting in the managers office and then everyone on the Dodgers in the social security office

zroid

Banned
I could never root against the Doyers while Kershaw is a Dodger.

Had to quietly put Jays-Mets alliance on hold for that series. But it's back on now.

tumblr_lknko69MFq1qhrjqn.gif

Congrats to the Mets. They wanted this series more than the Dodgers and they showed it. Dodgers left way too many runners on base. I blame that on Coaching staff and I hope I wake up tomorrow reading that Donny and McGwire are no longer there. Seriously can't figure out ways to get runners over or scoring them. As in result we're probably gonna lose a great pitcher. Good Luck to the rest of the teams. Now I turn into a MLB fan.

And I'm still salty as fuck on Granderson batting like shit for me in keeper fantasy league. Then decides to hit like a HoF. I needed this during the season. Lol

people from the mid-west usually have a persecution complex about how east coasters hate them or some such. the fact that you felt compelled to once again name teams that beat yours like a drum for years shows your insecurities as a fan. enjoy your win man and stop the dumb as shit narrative about how evil is vanquished. plenty of people think your Royals are the devil incarnate.

Posters from the coast like to make baseless generalizations about entire portions of the population. Or some such. Am I doing this right?

Plenty of people think the Royals are the devil, eh? LOL. Insecurities as a fan? Hard to believe you wrote that with a straight face considering your entire reply is an insecure defense of your team.

Do you even know where I live? I can't believe how much I hate the coasts, especially teams like the Mets and Blue Jays who I said I liked in my very first post. All that anti east coast rhetoric!

I'll keep posting as I please, thanks! Fuck the Yanks.

Not only did they trade Dee, they got the Marlins #1 pitching prospect, LHP Andrew Heaney, and promptly traded him to the Angels.

Heaney is only 24 and put up pretty solid numbers this season. He could easily have been the third guy in their rotation.
What hurt us this year was not having Ryu. He definitely be our third.

Go to Thor. Keep the rotation in order. Have him face Lester.

Need to reply to this, if we roll Harvey game one, this is the projected rotation:

G1: Lester vs. Harvey
G2: Arrieta vs. Syndergaard
G3: deGrom vs. Hendricks
G4: Matz vs. Hammel
G5: Harvey vs. Lester
G6: Arrieta va. Syndergaard
G7: Hendricks vs. deGrom

deGrom/Hendricks is suuuuuuper lopsided in our favor.

Posters from the coast like to make baseless generalizations about entire portions of the population. Or some such. Am I doing this right?

Plenty of people think the Royals are the devil, eh? LOL. Insecurities as a fan? Hard to believe you wrote that with a straight face considering your entire reply is an insecure defense of your team.

Do you even know where I live? I can't believe how much I hate the coasts, especially teams like the Mets and Blue Jays who I said I liked in my very first post. All that anti east coast rhetoric!

I'll keep posting as I please, thanks! Fuck the Yanks.

no you're doing it wrong. and who the hell told you you couldn't post, post away! it's dumb and trite but post to your heart's content. I'm just going to call out obnoxious fan behavior when I see it.

I don't care where you live for the record, but going by your post you're the type of fan who'd rather play the persecution complex up rather than just root for their team.
and plenty of Jays fans seem to think your team is full of punks (though ironically I disagree and ironically I'm rooting for the Royals!)
anyways I'm done responding about this, I find the whole "evil is defeated" dumb and I think it shits up the thread and I'm just voicing my opinion about it, if you don't like it you're welcome to put me on ignore.

Hilarious how TBS almost completely missed the final pitch. This was the first frame when they FINALLY stopped the crowd shots and cut the camera back to Familia:

eJn57DX.png

I completely forgot: so the MLB gonna just sidestep this Chase Utley thing? He managed to still play and avoid suspension after all.

Win or lose, the rules are still going to be changed about the neighborhood play.

I completely forgot: so the MLB gonna just sidestep this Chase Utley thing? He managed to still play and avoid suspension after all.

Win or lose, the rules are still going to be changed about the neighborhood play.

hearing will be held Monday, suspension to open the season

BigAT

And if he retires instead

Does it matter? He had a single pinch hit appearance for the remainder of the series and rode the bench otherwise.

The Mets won and should move on with their lives. Or are we still pretending this is the first time someone has gone hard into second?

Can't root for fans who throw garbage on the field.

Don't cheer for the Cubs then. It happened there, too.

I am feeling rather good about the game.

I'm excited. I like the Jays' line-up. But I have bad anxiety anyway and invested a lot of emotion into this team's season.

So since Royals have home field advantage that means we will be at the Royals Stadium for the entire series?

I'm surprised there's 3 straight at the Dome. I'm not used to baseball playoffs, because I only watch bits and pieces each year once the Jays are out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So since Royals have home field advantage that means we will be at the Royals Stadium for the entire series?

???

Dude just like NHL except it's a 2-3-2 format for home field for some reason which I totally disagree with. It's dumb for me to say being the away team in the series but I feel the 2-3-2 format gives a huge advantage to the away team.

For Cardinals fans - Alex Reyes had his first start of the AFL last night. 3.2 IP, 5K, 2BB. Sat 95-97 on the FB with a 91 mph changeup and a really nasty breaking ball.

I imagine he gets a shutdown bullpen role mid 2016 and works his way into the rotation 2017 (unless accelerated by injury)

rinse82

???

Dude just like NHL except it's a 2-3-2 format for home field for some reason which I totally disagree with. It's dumb for me to say being the away team in the series but I feel the 2-3-2 format gives a huge advantage to the away team.

I think he is trolling the bandwagoners

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/the-baseball-world-hates-us-because-were-good-lets-embrace-it/

Jays' fans need to listen to the first paragraph of Blair's article from last night:

Look: If they’re going to hate us – and it appears as if that’s the case – it might be time for Toronto to stop whining about conspiracy theories and such and simply embrace the hatred.

I don't think there is that much hate though, at least on GAF, but that's due to there being more educated baseball fans in this thread.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/the-baseball-world-hates-us-because-were-good-lets-embrace-it/

Jays' fans need to listen to the first paragraph of Blair's article from last night:

I don't think there is that much hate though, at least on GAF, but that's due to there being more educated baseball fans in this thread.

People only hate winning teams. Before the royals started winning, no one really gave them much thought. Maybe pity. But now they win and they get some hate thrown their way.

It's a sign of respect, not persecution. I know Toronto isn't used to winning sports teams, so it's taking this like some kind of nationalism thing.

Jays fans should adopt Yankee fans attitude about it. Embrace it and see it for what it is, people wish their team was like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom