• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would all be on full rest+ if they go Harvey, Matz, deGrom and Syndergaard.

A Colon start wouldn't be out of the question. The Cubs lineup is fairly young. A smart veteran can pick the lineup apart with some strong pitching. He'd have to go 5-6, which we know he's capable of doing.

A Colon start wouldn't be out of the question. The Cubs lineup is fairly young. A smart veteran can pick the lineup apart with some strong pitching. He'd have to go 5-6, which we know he's capable of doing.

It's like the Cubs didn't beat the best team in the playoffs last round in 4.

Amazing.

METS!

I can't remember the last time I didn't hate any of the four remaining teams in either LCS.

it was so close for me this year but I am not a fan of the doyers even if they have Chase and JRoll now for however much longer remains to be seen but I have come to hate the Nats more than the Mest now.

so 3/4 for me isn't bad.

The Cards had a team ERA of sub-3.00 and the Cubs smashed them. I don't think Colon would fair well going through that lineup even twice.

Syrinx

Problem now is, if the Cubs beat the Mets, the highlights of it will be pretty much unavoidable for the next...10 years or so?

Whatever, this should be a fun series.

I think it's time we all take a moment and recognize that this is the greatest postseason in history. All four remaining teams are genuinely likable, play fun baseball, and are long overdue for a championship. I'm naturally biased towards the Royals, but I won't be upset at any of these four being champs. All the good guys advanced.

In conclusion, fuck the Cardinals, fuck the Dodgers, fuck the Yankees, fuck the Nationals, fuck the Giants, fuck the Red Sox, and fuck the Angels. Astros, Twins, and Mariners, you're cool. I'm out.

cashman

Banned
All these high k/9 pitchers to take advantage of a strikeout prone Cubs lineup

And you wanna use Colon lololol

The Royals are easily the least likable of the bunch, though, so I'm just gonna choose them as a villain since that makes it more fun.

Fuck the Royals.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
lvdj09f.jpg

ESB never looked so good.

I think it's time we all take a moment and recognize that this is the greatest postseason in history. All four remaining teams are genuinely likable, play fun baseball, and are long overdue for a championship. I'm naturally biased towards the Royals, but I won't be upset at any of these four being champs. All the good guys advanced.

In conclusion, fuck the Cardinals, fuck the Dodgers, fuck the Yankees, fuck the Nationals, fuck the Giants, fuck the Red Sox, and fuck the Angels. Astros, Twins, and Mariners, you're cool. I'm out.

is this that reverse mid-west elitism at work here?

JDHarbs

Yordano really isn't the same guy he was earlier in the year. He's still really young and had a lot of pressure on him to be our ace this season, and he was cracking under the pressure early. Then the beaning stuff happened and he just blew a fuse that had been building up all year.

That time he nearly got sent down to AAA seemed like a wakeup call for him. When Cueto got here he really took him under his wing, and he's gotten better as the year went on. Now he's our ace again.

Pretty nice turnaround.

Syrinx

Any of you guys going to game 1 or 2 in Citi Field? I live in NC (and am a poor college student) so I can't, but it would be cool if some others here were.

Any of you guys going to game 1 or 2 in Citi Field? I live in NC (and am a poor college student) so I can't, but it would be cool if some others here were.

Tickets are going to quickly approach 300-500 for the nosebleeds, so count me out.

I'll just go to McFaddens.

is this that reverse mid-west elitism at work here?

Toronto and New York are east coast, and I'm fine with either of them pulling off the win. I also gave kudos to Seattle. My number one fuck you was also to the Cards, and rightfully so. Geography...how does it work?

It's not my fault that in naming off all the evil teams in baseball, yours happened to be one of the worst offenders.

Best. Playoffs. Ever.

Branduil

Fuck Toronto.

Mets fan beaten nearly to death in Dodger Stadium parking lot.

Christ.

I was going to make as snarky comment earlier asking how many Mets fans can we expect to get beat after tonight's game. Had no idea it actually happened again. Jesus.

EDIT: Saw above. Thank goodness, but still horrible.

Toronto and New York are east coast, and I'm fine with either of them pulling off the win. I also gave kudos to Seattle. My number one fuck you was also to the Cards, and rightfully so. Geography...how does it work?

It's not my fault that in naming off all the evil teams in baseball, yours happened to be one of the worst offenders.

Best. Playoffs. Ever.

people from the mid-west usually have a persecution complex about how east coasters hate them or some such. the fact that you felt compelled to once again name teams that beat yours like a drum for years shows your insecurities as a fan. enjoy your win man and stop the dumb as shit narrative about how evil is vanquished. plenty of people think your Royals are the devil incarnate.

what? I posted your name.
the Dodgers need to do some serious shedding this off-season. I still don't understand how you trade Dee Gordon but there you go.

Not only did they trade Dee, they got the Marlins #1 pitching prospect, LHP Andrew Heaney, and promptly traded him to the Angels.

Heaney is only 24 and put up pretty solid numbers this season. He could easily have been the third guy in their rotation.

I'm happy to see a Cubs - Mets NLCS, but I do feel for the Dodgers fans out there. That 9th inning was exactly how I thought the Jays were going to go down.

Last thing anyone wants to see of their team is a guy missing so hard his jock explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom