• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
This is a good one:

4ujJDvc.jpg

such an old joke :p

6ZynNvm.png

We are talking about a team that thought it was a good idea to have Reyes hit right handed against RHP for the first time in his career instead of putting him on the DL right away after he cracked his ribs.

This is why they should've kept Adam Lind. At least that way, they'd still have someone whose mom could catch blatantly obvious injuries.

wbsmcs

It's the month of Edwin and I fully expect at least 10 homers rest of May.
Maybe a BIT of an exaggeration

The Jays are looking somewhat promising, at least in that division, and I'm just hyped to start attending games in the nice weather. Went to the last two Boston games and the atmosphere is just amazing. Hopefully they stay competitive until September...I'm not even asking for playoffs..just in the race until the last two weeks.

The only thing they don't have that the Red Sox and Yankees do is a bullpen. Toronto just doesn't have that go to guy like Koji or Miller/Betances, and I'm worried that will continue to sink them. Maybe make a move for Papelbon? AA has to be thinking of it.

Anyways, excited for this game today and possible sweep of the Sox! Although I do hate watching Dickey pitch...

zulux21

Haha. I really hope the Jays won't pick-up RA's contract next year. He should retire together with Buehrle.

I'm actually surprised Mark Buehrle hasn't announced his retirement already. before the 4 year contract he signed with miami he was talking about retiring to spend more time with his kids. They are like 7 and 5 now so it would be a good time. Though if he thinks he has another few good years left he might give it one last go to try to get a spot in the HoF as he has quietly put together an amazing career (his career WAR is a little low at this point, but his no hitter and perfect game don't hurt his chances. He wouldn't be a first round vote in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in near the end of his eligibility.)

Elias Sports Bureau ‏@EliasSports 58m58 minutes ago
Bartolo Colon: 34 SO, 1 BB—the highest ratio over any pitcher's first 6 starts of any season since 1900.

harSon

Banned
Can we get Kang's teammate on the team? I'm #TeamKorea now.

Elias Sports Bureau ‏@EliasSports 58m58 minutes ago
Bartolo Colon: 34 SO, 1 BB—the highest ratio over any pitcher's first 6 starts of any season since 1900.

Dude's surely back on the juice

Lexxism

I'm actually surprised Mark Buehrle hasn't announced his retirement already. before the 4 year contract he signed with miami he was talking about retiring to spend more time with his kids. They are like 7 and 5 now so it would be a good time. Though if he thinks he has another few good years left he might give it one last go to try to get a spot in the HoF as he has quietly put together an amazing career (his career WAR is a little low at this point, but his no hitter and perfect game don't hurt his chances. He wouldn't be a first round vote in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in near the end of his eligibility.)

There's actually a rumour about it that this season will be his last. So, who knows what will it be but it will definitely free some money for the Jays after the season. If only the Jays can do something with Reyes contract and glass body lol

37/1 now.

He can just pitch. He's doing it with nothing but FB's, they break just enough to confuse guys and NOBODY in the majors works the corners like the big man.

Pineda can throw that slider my goodness.

God dammit our pitchers have to have a ridiculous HR rate. Seems like we see one or two every game.

Seriously though? To the Pitcher? Come on man.

zroid

Banned
Haha. I really hope the Jays won't pick-up RA's contract next year. He should retire together with Buehrle.

iunno, he's frustratingly inconsistent but he's still probably going to be the best fifth starter option available

and that's assuming Sanchez and Norris pan out

jman2050

If his pitch count werent up he'd have a real shot at 20, but as is he's probably done for the day.

16Ks no walks in 7 innings, that is obscene

Top Bottom