• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Huh. Clint benched Cutch for today's game (he has been hitting well the last two games, c'mon Clint). Harrison is playing LF and Kang will play third.

Bonus news from Japan: Otani came back from a few weeks off (problem with leg cramps) and continued with his beast mode run. 8.1 IP, 11K. I asked the Japan Baseball Weekly podcast guys if they know the details on his contract and any out rights, so hopefully they answer Monday.

I'm positive, POSITIVE if it's not written into his contract that he's got a gentleman's agreement in place.

The Dodgers are going to throw so much money at him. That rotation wouldn't even be fair.

Beckx

I'm positive, POSITIVE if it's not written into his contract that he's got a gentleman's agreement in place.

The Dodgers are going to throw so much money at him. That rotation wouldn't even be fair.

There's a chance he may be pitching and hitting in the same game in the Interleague games against the Tigers. I gotta get a pa-league TV subscription going via VPN before that happens.

I do hope he goes to the national league when he comes over. It would be a shame not to see him hit much again.

There's a chance he may be pitching and hitting in the same game in the Interleague games against the Tigers. I gotta get a pa-league TV subscription going via VPN before that happens.

Man I have so many other things I need to prioritize spending money on right now.

But it's so tempting to get it to watch Otani. I wanna see a hitta and 10K's in the same game. Would be ridiculous.

Fujinami-San has also been raking. Hasn't been getting the W's but his K rate is ridiculous right now.

Beckx

Man I have so many other things I need to prioritize spending money on right now.

But it's so tempting to get it to watch Otani.

Fujinami-San has also been raking. Hasn't been getting the W's but his K rate is ridiculous right now.

He had a good outing last night. Lot of good shit going on in NPB's early season, especially with rookies. DeNA's closer setting a rookie record & Lions' monster rookie Mori hitting bombs.

He had a good outing last night. Lot of good shit going on in NPB's early season, especially with rookies. DeNA's closer, Mori hitting monster shots with the Lions.

It's been pretty fun so far. Still waiting for Osera to take the reigns as the Ace for the Carp. I NEED MUH VINDICATION!

Still, more power hitting in the league this year than I remember, it's more fun.

BFIB

Holliday is back in the lineup to DH today. Jay is placed on the DL. Excited to see what Bourjos can do here in the next couple weeks.

OBiaQMS.jpg

Yay

But it's so tempting to get it to watch Otani. I wanna see a hitta and 10K's in the same game. Would be ridiculous.

Man I keep forgetting to watch NPB games, I really want to watch more Otani.

Looking at his BBRef stats, looks like his hitting has fallen off so far this season but he's really making strides as a pitcher. Cut his walks by almost 1 per 9 IP and his hits are down 2.7 per 9.

RGVNOE

Matt Carpenter is so locked in right now

good to see them come back and win after that tough series, seems like Carp almost hits better off lefties, good to see that home run after what was most likely a frustrating day at the plate for him up to that point

Could have sworn Bourn caught that somehow given I was watching on my phone. He's gonna crush his past HR mark for a season before the ASG easily.

It hit his glove I believe, great attempt by Bourn almost made a amazing catch

aFIGurANT

It hit his glove I believe, great attempt by Bourn almost made a amazing catch
Yeah exactly. When the glove spun off his hand from the recoil against the wall I was praying the ball would roll out but then Danny made the call that it was gone.

Poor Baeur needs a better offense lol.

RGVNOE

Yeah exactly. When the glove spun off his hand from the recoil against the wall I was praying the ball would roll out but then Danny made the call that it was gone.

Poor Baeur needs a better offense lol.

lucky break for us, but yea he's a good young pitcher definitely deserved a W

Beckx

Man I keep forgetting to watch NPB games, I really want to watch more Otani.

Looking at his BBRef stats, looks like his hitting has fallen off so far this season but he's really making strides as a pitcher. Cut his walks by almost 1 per 9 IP and his hits are down 2.7 per 9.

That's why I want to get the pa-league tv thing working, since you can watch the games as VODs.

I think his skipper is suspicious that the hitting is the culprit behind the cramps so it will be interesting to see how many DH appearances he gets for the next little while.

Detwiler is so worthless.

Also you guys get the sonic slam innings in Kansas City as well? I should have gotten into that when the Rangers were good.
mjcry1.png

Top Bottom