• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

"Padres have injury issues at pitching?" Dude, what are you even talking about? The only injured pitcher is Brandon Morrow, the No. 5 starter. Josh Johnson is on the DL too, but he hasn't pitched in 2 years and was explicitly signed as a mid-season reclamation project.

There are plenty of reasons to think a team is out of contention, but not knowing anything about them isn't usually one of them.

Dodgers are in first w/o their closer. Stop trying to defend the Padres. The Kevin Brown days are over!!

E: Kenley comes back tomorrow and will probably use him as set up until he gets full strength

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dodgers are in first w/o their closer. Stop trying to defend the Padres. The Kevin Brown days are over!!

E: Kenley comes back tomorrow and will probably use him as set up until he gets full strength

Closers are the most irrelevant thing in baseball

If this is in regards to the ASG hats, not really.

I mean, the hats from last year looked amazingly clean and worked great with some teams, like the A's.

well Baseball always does well with merchandise so it's not really the hats, I just worry that it might look antiquated to a certain section of people, but they were never going to become fans anyway.

IMO that's like a #1 reason to brag about the sport. Maybe with a certain demographic it's looked down upon for being an antiquated sort of thing but fuck those people anyway. If you don't like comparing Bonds numbers to Mantle's then don't watch/play/care.

Maybe that mindset is what you're getting at being detrimental to the sport?

well Baseball always does well with merchandise so it's not really the hats, I just worry that it might look antiquated to a certain section of people, but they were never going to become fans anyway. don't get me wrong, I love comparing and reading about players from yesterday but MLB really needs to start pushing it's new guys a lot more. and some fnas really need to get off the "respect the game" bullshit. it's obnoxious.

Chase Whitley has a torn UCL.

*sigh*

aFIGurANT

well Baseball always does well with merchandise so it's not really the hats, I just worry that it might look antiquated to a certain section of people, but they were never going to become fans anyway. don't get me wrong, I love comparing and reading about players from yesterday but MLB really needs to start pushing it's new guys a lot more. and some fnas really need to get off the "respect the game" bullshit. it's obnoxious.

I don't think it helps that the sport has kind of had a divided form of coverage in the media. The fact that we have to look at all the old guys covering the sport/passing judgment etc. and say we're better than that old fashioned stuff starts to fragment the dialogue. Soon you have the old guard digging in their heels and saying that all this new shit ("shit" which has been proven to have worked a decade ago) is just that, and then randos stumble on to that argument and think it represents how everyone who likes the sport thinks.

I think in 30 years we'll see a lot more chilled out statheads take over the reigns and some of that will go away. I'm thinking Brian Kenny types who can take a little skepticism on the numbers but who think we need to calm down and just enjoy all the unique aspects that the game offers.

You could film a movie from the number of lucky/bullshit plays the Braves get against the Marlins.

Edit: Seriously, yet again we fail to score from a lead off double -_- The Braves own us at Marlins stadium, I don't know why but they do.

Sigh any other ball park and it would be a tie game, that ball was so close to being out :/

Top Bottom