• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
At least they are not giving us false hope in May.

True. But then Reyes will come back off the DL, Bautista's shoulder will heal, Norris will be called back up and post respectable rookie numbers like Stroman, and they will make the long drive to .500 two months later.

And then hover there for the rest of the season. Woo

Lexxism

Down by 3 runs with runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out and Donaldson, Bautista and Encarnacion coming up. Guess what? 2K and 1 pop-out. Jeeeeeeezzzzzzz

aFIGurANT

Hey Atlanta you gave us a broken J. Heyward. We'll send him back with this guy J. Walden (who also seems broken) for Miller. You keep Tyrell Jenkins as a show of good faith. He's totally the guy you're looking for anyway. *waves Jedi hands across Hart's face*

Hey Atlanta you gave us a broken J. Heyward. We'll send him back with this guy J. Walden (who also seems broken) for Miller. You keep Tyrell Jenkins as a show of good faith. He's totally the guy you're looking for anyway. *waves Jedi hands across Hart's face*

He's not even that good defensively this season. I mean defensive metrics take a while to normalize or whatever but so far he has been bad

aFIGurANT

He's not even that good defensively this season. I mean defensive metrics take a while to normalize or whatever but so far he has been bad

Yup I've been very patient all season but every time a tough play starts to develop in right I'm let down. Besides the strong arm and the occasional (and sometimes unnecessary) dive on balls in front, he's scrubbing it up. Peaked on opening night, pretty much. I laugh aloud at anyone who drops eight figures in AAV on him this offseason as drastic as it sounds.

Feasting on this Yankees bullpen.

In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothin' you can 't do, except record an out.

Third pitcher this inning.

I'm just so tired of the bullpen blowing the game for us. The only guys worth a damn are AJ Ramos, Mike Dunn, and Sam Dyson.

The only thing that will save our bullpen is David Phelps or Tom Koehler coming the the bullpen once Alvarez comes back.

Yup I've been very patient all season but every time a tough play starts to develop in right I'm let down. Besides the strong arm and the occasional (and sometimes unnecessary) dive on balls in front, he's scrubbing it up. Peaked on opening night, pretty much. I laugh aloud at anyone who drops eight figures in AAV on him this offseason as drastic as it sounds.
Good thing we have up a couple of team-controlled years of Shelby Miller for him and a hurt Jordan Walden.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I wouldn't completely count him out. Still, this just sounds like karma (which, actually is a really shitty thing to say considering why Heyward is wearing a Cards uniform).

I mean...damn. I never thought I'd feel sorry for the Evil Empire, but this is getting painful to watch. Take the horse out back and shoot it already.

aFIGurANT

I wouldn't completely count him out. Still, this just sounds like karma (which, actually is a really shitty thing to say considering why Heyward is wearing a Cards uniform).

6a00d83451fe4669e2017d3c87d45d970c-800wi

Best call a blue has ever made.

E: I wasn't on gaf that night but were people flipping 1s and 0s in here?

aFIGurANT

I was valeting that October in 2012 and all I remember is loving the fact that for some reason the fans were heaping trash on the field when I looked in the windows to see the TV.

I still think it's pretty defensible but yeah... I'd be at least a little salty.

Top Bottom