• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zulux21

thankfully oakland made a running mistake at the end. it was amusing watching the runner who realized he was dead watch the ball come and swat at it trying to knock it away.

imagine if the ump didn't call interference if he succeeded. lol.

and with this the white sox are now equal to the red sox in rankings for games behind in the WC (though red sox are technically still ahead of the white sox since they have played 4 more games) just need to pass those red sox as I hate them, then next stop is passing the yankees, then finally passing KC/tigers lol.

How does this happen again?

If you pitch the last 3 innings, you get a save no matter what the score is. There was an Orioles/Rangers game in 2007 where the Rangers totally slaughtered them 30-3 and someone got a save.

And the Orioles actually were winning that game 3-0 going into the 4th inning.

Mets are really trying my patience. wow!!! Fucking pathetic job against the Brew Crew. Why do they always make guys like Lohse look like a Cy Young candidate? Fucking Mets. Now Dilson Herrera has a broken middle finger tip? The season is starting to look like one big fat middle finger. If the Brewers sweep the Mets which is highly likely since the Mets can't hit a fucking beachball ..well..shit is gonna hit the fan.

I work a 3pm to 11pm shift so I have to use the damn app to keep up with the game so I don't know if the crowd has turned on them yet.

Mets are really trying my patience. wow!!! Fucking pathetic job against the Brew Crew. Why do they always make guys like Lohse look like a Cy Young candidate? Fucking Mets. Now Dilson Herrera has a broken middle finger tip? The season is starting to look like one big fat middle finger. If the Brewers sweep the Mets which is highly likely since the Mets can't hit a fucking beachball ..well..shit is gonna hit the fan.

I work a 3pm to 11pm shift so I have to use the damn app to keep up with the game so I don't know if the crowd has turned on them yet.

They have to dip to .500 for that to happen.

That'll be sooner than later.

The injury list looks grim.

BFIB

6a00d83451fe4669e2017d3c87d45d970c-800wi

Best call a blue has ever made.

E: I wasn't on gaf that night but were people flipping 1s and 0s in here?

I still cannot belive this actually happened.

I wonder if that side mask on Heywards helmet hinders his view on the ball?

We have loaded the bases at least four time against the Braves this year, and I don't think we have scored a single run.

Really a grand slam? So it looks like Atlanta is going to move to 5-0 at Marlins Park this season, and for the fourth straight season win the season series at Marlins Park. I'm really getting tired of losing to garbage teams, we need to take advantage of the bad teams if we want a chance to remain competitive.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
We have loaded the bases at least four time against the Braves this year, and I don't think we have scored a single run.

Really a grand slam? So it looks like Atlanta is going to move to 5-0 at Marlins Park this season, and for the fourth straight season win the season series at Marlins Park. I'm really getting tired of losing to garbage teams, we need to take advantage of the bad teams if we want a chance to remain competitive.
I agree, which is why I'm glad to see Atlanta take advantage of the inferior Marlins.

I agree, which is why I'm glad to see Atlanta take advantage of the inferior Marlins.

Like I said the Braves own the Marlins in Marlins Park, I think they are 23-9 since it opened. I'm not worried about it, we both know the Braves are going to be in the basement of the NL East this season, along with the Phillies.

Edit: P.S. don't forget the Braves drafted Jason Heyward in the first round of the draft, and we got Stanton in the second round ;)

Eh, I still think it says a lot about their scouting that they found an MVP type player in the second round.

Koehler looking good in a bullpen role, I think he would be a great fit there.

aFIGurANT

If you pitch the last 3 innings, you get a save no matter what the score is. There was an Orioles/Rangers game in 2007 where the Rangers totally slaughtered them 30-3 and someone got a save.

And the Orioles actually were winning that game 3-0 going into the 4th inning.

That's funny, was just watching that highlight reel the other day. The PTSD of that night probably had a lot to do with that unfortunate stuff a couple weeks ago out there in Bodymore. It made me wonder where the hell the gentlemen's agreement to not run up the score went with how ham they were going in the eight and ninth.

The Braves should just let the Marlins load the bases every inning, so they could shut them out, hell if they walked all of the batters, they might be able to get a no hitter!

Imagine bragging about their team finding an MVP type player earlier than the 13th round of the MLB draft.

Touche. I didn't say the Marlins had the best scouts, but they still have good talent scouts.

Stanton hit one over the camera well today. I used to think it was hyperbole, but he really is the strongest hitter I've ever seen. He's singlehandedly reviving my interest in baseball. I'm unashamedly all about the long ball. PEACE.

He just missed hitting another one, I think it was about 410 feet but the park held it.

Also, it's nice to see another Marlins fan post here, I was beginning to think I was the only one :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Andrew Baggarly @extrabaggs
#SFGiants tonight: LF Blanco, 2B Panik, CF Pagan, C Posey, 1B Belt, RF Pence, SS Crawford, 3B McGehee, P Vogelsong.
Hector Sanchez has been optioned to AAA. Writing was on the wall.

Who wants to trade for Sanchez???? Also good to see Pence back in the lineup.

Pimpwerx

He just missed hitting another one, I think it was about 410 feet but the park held it.

Also, it's nice to see another Marlins fan post here, I was beginning to think I was the only one :lol
Yeah. Marlins are my team, but I stopped watching baseball when Bonds retired. He was my favorite player his full career. I really didn't know baseball without Bonds. But I'm starting to get back into it a little. It helps that Marlins Park is the best sports venue down here. PEACE.

I'm a Marlins fan as well. I don't post in this thread often, but I do visit quite often.

Sweet, nice to see yet another Marlins fan! Stick around, the Marlins are going to turn things around soon.

Man, if we had just scored one run while having the bases loaded twice. At least Alvarez is coming back tomorrow, hopefully he can keep the Braves in check.

Also, I really hate Cameron Maybin, he had such a shit eating grin when he caught that fly ball in the 9th. I don't miss that guy at all, he is such garbage.

aFIGurANT

So Bourjos just goes ham on the good pitchers apparently. Parked that one in the sameish spot as vs. Kershaw last year in Chavez. Fuck yeah Petey!!

That's funny, was just watching that highlight reel the other day. The PTSD of that night probably had a lot to do with that unfortunate stuff a couple weeks ago out there in Bodymore. It made me wonder where the hell the gentlemen's agreement to not run up the score went with how ham they were going in the eight and ninth.

What was even better is that it was just the first game of a double header. They had to go back out there and play another game after that.

Top Bottom