• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So Bryce Harper suddenly became pretty much a perfect hitter. High velocity can't hurt him, junk doesn't phase him, everything gets blasted even when he makes awkward looking swings.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DAT STROS TEAM HR POWER

jman2050

So Bryce Harper suddenly became pretty much a perfect hitter. High velocity can't hurt him, junk doesn't phase him, everything gets blasted even when he makes awkward looking swings.

Let the record show that I previously thought and still think Harper ends up with better career performance than Trout.

Really though it's still May. If he sustains these numbers throughout the season and suddenly becomes a prime Barry Bonds at 22 years old THEN shit gets real.

EDIT - A-Gawd is going to hit 40 HRs

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd be happier about this game if I didn't know this means the Mets just used their run quota for the entire week.

This is what made me :lol when cubsfan was talking about he's overrated and a bust :lol

Well I was stupid to say that, just like people are stupid saying Baez is a bust.

And it does look like the Pads OF defense is actually really awful as predicted.

In every category, the Padres rank dead last. Their arms are horrible, and according to DRS, their outfield has cost the team 13 runs. More worrying however, is the unfortunate future this paints for the Padres. In the ten seasons of compiled data, only 10.2 percent of these teams made the playoffs; while just one was able to win the World Series.
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/5/16/8609737/padres-outfield-awful

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Let the record show that I previously thought and still think Harper ends up with better career performance than Trout.

Really though it's still May. If he sustains these numbers throughout the season and suddenly becomes a prime Barry Bonds at 22 years old THEN shit gets real.

EDIT - A-Gawd is going to hit 40 HRs

He'll have the power, but he'll never have the defensive or SB skills that Trout has. Or Trout's ability to size the FB.

Trout is Bonds, I think Harper is more Griffey Jr.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh, Orbit.

se0FiGh.gif

zroid

Banned
Donaldson indirectly calling out the pitching. lol

Scott MacArthur @TSNScottyMac · 13m 13 minutes ago

"This isn't the try league. This is the get-it-done league.
Eventually they're going to find people who are going to get it done.
I can only control what I do. The guy beside me can only control what they do."

I smoked at least 5 cigarettes this inning alone. Bad things happen in Oakland all the time for the White Sox. 3 outs away from a series win in this hell hole.

The White Sox win a series in Oakland. That's just unbelievable. 4 straight series wins btw. bats heating up and the rotation looks really good. Only Samardzija has to get going.

Payroll means EVERYTHING.

If you don't have one you have to build your team around short term gambles and developmental players. You play with an idea of being good for 2-3 years and awful for 3-4. Having the money to retain big players or bring in big FA's means a TON.

Saying it doesn't mean anything is just factually inaccurate. And using the Yankees as a source for it is misleading. They've got contracts on the books from 5 years ago, you know when they were good and winning a lot, that inflate the hell out of their payroll numbers.

Doyers have a huuuuuge payroll and win, a lot. Almost every team that spends, wins.

Macattk15

Payroll means EVERYTHING.

If you don't have one you have to build your team around short term gambles and developmental players. You play with an idea of being good for 2-3 years and awful for 3-4. Having the money to retain big players or bring in big FA's means a TON.

Saying it doesn't mean anything is just factually inaccurate. And using the Yankees as a source for it is misleading. They've got contracts on the books from 5 years ago, you know when they were good and winning a lot, that inflate the hell out of their payroll numbers.

Doyers have a huuuuuge payroll and win, a lot. Almost every team that spends, wins.

I said it isn't EVERYTHING. It really isn't. Otherwise Oakland would always suck ass.

Blue Jays spend. They don't win.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...een-payroll-and-winning-is-historically-weak/

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20140825/SPORTS/308259994

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Payroll probably correlates well with long-term levels of achievement, but I can't imagine that it's a strong predictor of single-season success. So year-to-year it's probably right to say it doesn't matter much.

Top Bottom