• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

aFIGurANT

Shelby Miller is a machine. Even if Heyward turns it on and hits 25 dingers with a high OBP, they will be regretting this trade for a long time to come when Heyward is wearing pinstripes

I knew it was going to be a badish trade for sure like I posted in here at the time, but I don't think many saw it going this way on both ends like it has so far.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They just gave Redmond a 2 year extension this offseason too. Ozzie Guillen is still on the books so that will be 3 different guys getting paid this year as manager of the Marlins.

Mike Redmond is gone. :(

I knew Loria was going to show his true colors this season. I knew things hadn't changed, he didn't fool me by signing Yelich and Stanton in the off season. I knew he was lying when he came out at the end of April and said Redmond was his guy. Why are we cursed with such a bad fucking owner?

I mean shit, the game just ended, and you fire your manager?? That shows how little class he has.The manager isn't the problem, the problem is Loria was too cheap to spend money on pitching in the off season. /rant

They just gave Redmond a 2 year extension this offseason too. Ozzie Guillen is still on the books so that will be 3 different guys getting paid this year as manager of the Marlins.

Lol, leave it to a Rays fan to shit on the Marlins whenever they get a chance. That jealousy though.

Shelby Miller is a machine. Even if Heyward turns it on and hits 25 dingers with a high OBP, they will be regretting this trade for a long time to come when Heyward is wearing pinstripes

The trade should be judged purely on the year they get out of Heyward (and two out of Walden, I guess), not any future extension/contract

Still not looking too good, although I'm still skeptical about Shelby

Link

The Autumn Wind
Soon enough, the money the Marlins owe to managers is going to exceed their payroll.

Jack McKeon probably will come back to manage, win a world series and retire again.

He is in his 80's at this point :(

When we won the World Series in 2003, we started 16-22 and fired our manager. It helps that we are in such a bad division, and the Nationals, the only great team still have not figured everything out. Anything could happen though
I don't really believe we are going to win the World Series

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ip9P8x672kj5V.gif

That Oakland A's defense is just a circus. Semien is not a major league shortstop and Vogt is a really good hitter, but a catcher he is not.

Link

The Autumn Wind
So is Jeff Conine finally gonna get his chance?
He'd be stupid to do so. Right now he's got a stable job on the Marlins' broadcast team for as long as he wants it. Why give that up to be manager so Loria can fire him within two years?

So is Jeff Conine finally gonna get his chance?

I hope he doesn't get the job. It would break my heart to see him get fired, and not be around the team anymore.

I think the Mets minor league manager is still on the table? I'm not really sure, but apparently they already have someone in mind, and they will announce it tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom