• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

ETKRJeD.gif

Gotta celebrate the wins when they come.

When is Oakland gonna start the firesale?

Yeah, all those high priced, short contract guys clogging up the roster in Oakland.

Zobrist? Clippard? Kazmir? Okay, let's deal.

JDHarbs

My TWC signal has been so bad lately especially on Fox for some reason. This is the only time I wished the Royals wouldn't make the national game of the week.

when are they going to do what I used to do in MLB Slugfest Loaded and hold the Home Run Derby every year at Coors

I would drop all the money in the world to see that

SaintR

Man the David Wright news really has me bummed out.

Just as a sports fan it feels bad seeing someone not being able to do what they love because they're body is just betraying them at such a youngish age. It happens to all athletes sooner or later but man it still sucks seeing it each time.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah. supposedly the braves are not happy with Bethancourt's lack of development and whispers are that he'll never be anything but a backup backstop. Dunno how much truth there is to that, though.

Maybe if they let him play more than once every 5 days then he could stand a chance at learning how to hit major league pitching. I don't know though.

:lol Dan Jennings, he just wasted a challenge on a clear out at the plate play. Was he hoping that the umpires would feel sorry for him??

Edit: Huh, Brian Matusz got thrown out for a "foreign" substance on his arm.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Can they void his contract if he's unable to play?
MLB contracts aren't insured against injury. They're fully guaranteed. Unless he officially retires and forfeits his earnings (and really, why would he?), they're on the hook for every penny.

Look on the bright side: The Mets get to pay him to not play baseball for the next 10 years.

Thank you, Omar.

May you burn in hell.

It sure is a good thing we've been planning on his replacement... oh wait we have exactly jack shit in the way of IF prospects ready for the Majors.

depending on severity of the stenosis, wright may be able to continue playing.

It's as, if not more, serious than what Dykstra had. Which forced him into retirement.

So, barring a miracle, his career is over. Spinal Stenosis kills athletes.

Mike Puma ✔@NYPost_Mets
Somebody who spoke to Wright said he is a wreck emotionally. Wants to be back helping the team, but can't.

If we don't go on a tear for the Captain...

MLB contracts aren't insured against injury. They're fully guaranteed. Unless he officially retires and forfeits his earnings (and really, why would he?), they're on the hook for every penny.

The Mets might have insurance on the contract. Wright will be getting his money no matter what, but from what I understand insuring contracts is a fairly common practice (although maybe more for like pitchers)

Crazy bro. Shit has gone downhill pretty quickly.

Your avatar is making me sad. :(

But yeah it's just nuts. We haven't even played all that much and yet we're getting destroyed with injuries. Got a deep team and everything but at this point there's nothing we can do. If people don't get and stay healthy (and the injuries will impact performance after anyway) we're primed for another 80-85 win season.

Malo

Banned
Keith Law saw Luis Severino recently and believes his changeup and slider will be plus pitches, yet he still thinks Severino will be a reliever.

Wat.

Loco4Coco

Your avatar is making me sad. :(

But yeah it's just nuts. We haven't even played all that much and yet we're getting destroyed with injuries. Got a deep team and everything but at this point there's nothing we can do. If people don't get and stay healthy (and the injuries will impact performance after anyway) we're primed for another 80-85 win season.

Hey look at the bright side, might be Terry's last season as Mets manager.

Top Bottom