• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Zee-Row

Banned
Morale for the Rays is so low right now, between Kevin Cash's game boring managing and the refusal of St Pete to let the Rays look at Tampa for new stadium sites. I'll be shocked if the trop has 60 people.

Morale for the Rays is so low right now, between Kevin Cash's game boring managing and the refusal of St Pete to let the Rays look at Tampa for new stadium sites. I'll be shocked if the trop has 60 people.

The MLB needs to do something about the blight that is the The Tampa Rays.

The MLB needs to do something about the blight that is the The Tampa Rays.

Give it two years, or however long it takes Montreal to build a baseball specific stadium downtown. Then we'll get the Expos again.

Still, I feel for Rays fans. Baseball can indeed work in the Tampa area, it's just the shitty logistics, location, and how much of a dump the Trop is.

_woLf

fernando-rodney-baseball-headshot-photo.jpg

"Agent Rodney, execute Order 666"

kess

Give it two years, or however long it takes Montreal to build a baseball specific stadium downtown. Then we'll get the Expos again.

Still, I feel for Rays fans. Baseball can indeed work in the Tampa area, it's just the shitty logistics, location, and how much of a dump the Trop is.

I can't see Montreal getting a team back if the team has to play in Olympic Stadium long term. Even though there were massive exhibition crowds there the last two years, the stadium is way out of the way and the CFL Alouettes even have a hard time cracking 20,000 people at the place.

But even in the dark Lorian nights of Montreal baseball, the fans that did show up were amazingly hardcore. Future generations will never understand what David Samson cosplay looks like. I mean, that's got to count for something.

I can't see Montreal getting a team back if the team has to play in Olympic Stadium long term. Even though there were massive exhibition crowds there the last two years, the stadium is way out of the way and the CFL Alouettes even have a hard time cracking 20,000 people at the place.

But even in the dark Lorian nights of Montreal baseball, the fans that did show up were amazingly hardcore. Future generations will never understand what David Samson cosplay looks like. I mean, that's got to count for something.

Again, it really depends on whether MLB can get a commitment to having a new baseball specific stadium built downtown or somewhere relatively close. That way, they can reduce the amount of time playing in Olympic to two years max.

Blows me away that a city the size of Vancouver doesn't get mentioned as a possible MLB town. Has it ever been discussed? The argument of losing Mariners revenue is bunk since everyone up there comes down decked in Blue Jays gear when Toronto is in town.

Wow, an easy 1-2-3 save. Maybe Rodney should try that..

He did that the other night. Still can't believe it.

Braves-Dodgers trade seems to be getting more interesting

9:58pm: The Braves will get a pitching prospect — possibly either Zach Lee or Chris Anderson — if the trade is approved, reports MLB.com’s Mark Bowman (via Twitter). That’s a surprising pair of names to be linked to this trade, as both are highly regarded. Though Lee’s stock is down after some rough performances, he was formerly one of the Dodgers’ top prospects and ranks in their 10-15 range per MLB.com and Baseball America, while Fangraphs pegged him ninth. Anderson, on the other hand, ranks fifth on MLB.com’s list, sixth per Fangraphs and seventh per BA.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/05/braves-dodgers-re-open-callaspouribe-trade-talks.html

Top Bottom