• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Zee-Row

Banned
Here's the thing with the Rays and Tampa Bay , i'll give you a little history lesson.

St Pete has always had an inferiority complex to Tampa ever since the Bucs arrived in 1976.

- St Pete told the eventual owners of the Bucs that the team had to be called Tampa Bay and not just Tampa or the team wouldn't get support from St Pete.

- When its revealed that the NFL team would be called the Buccaneers , St Pete complained that the nickname related more to Tampa because of its Pirate history and not St Pete but they eventually got over that.

- St Pete got wind that Tampa businessmen were working to get an MLB team in the early 80s so in order to stop the Tampa group in its tracks they commission the Florida Suncoast Dome (Tropicana Field) to be built in the late 80s.

- They get the franchise but then complain that its Tampa's fault that the Trop has lousy attendence. Its a well known fact that most of the people that go to the Trop are from Tampa and its St Pete residents that don't do their part.

Good thing for Josh Donaldson, else the Blue Jays' pathetic bullpen would've blown another one. I didn't watch the whole game, but listened to some on the radio and watched a bit during Memorial Cup commercials.

Liam Hendricks should not be anywhere close to the Major Leagues.

Donaldson is amazing, though, and a definite upgrade over Brett Lawrie in multiple areas.

Meier

Damn. Withrow is a very good pitcher...hate to give him up. He's been out for over a year already so I'm surprised he's that far off. Glad we aren't giving up our prospects, but the trade still seems entirely pointless.

Damn. Withrow is a very good pitcher...hate to give him up. He's been out for over a year already so I'm surprised he's that far off. Glad we aren't giving up our prospects, but the trade still seems entirely pointless.

It's designed to free up from at 3B, get a spot for pitching.

withrow throws hard but the dodgers have a lot of those guys now

Juan Uribe just confirmed the trade and he's going to the Braves.

TO BRAVES:
-- Juan Uribe
-- Chris Withrow

TO DODGERS:
-- Alberto Callaspo
-- Eric Stults
-- Juan Jaime
-- Ian Thomas

Juan Jose Jaime? Never trust a guy with 3 first names.

Don't really get this trade to be honest. Is it just to allow the Dodgers to get a couple extra mediocre arms?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Juan Uribe just confirmed the trade and he's going to the Braves.

TO BRAVES:
-- Juan Uribe
-- Chris Withrow

TO DODGERS:
-- Alberto Callaspo
-- Eric Stults
-- Juan Jaime
-- Ian Thomas

I can like jazz hands again!
APTOPIX-NLCS-Phillies_Sher2-102110.jpg

Don't really get this trade to be honest. Is it just to allow the Dodgers to get a couple extra mediocre arms?

I think to clear up the logjam at third base, and probably some trade fodder for later.

They really should use this chance to replace Rollins though.

It's to free up room for the three big Cuban arms this year in Ruiz, Alvarez, and Gutierrez. And rest assured they will land all three.

The INTL draft is coming next year, stock up while you can and fuck the limits.

Uribe and Callaspo will be on different teams than either the Doyers or Barves by August 1st, as well.

The Braves were going to DFA Callaspo when Chris Johnson comes off the DL Thursday. The Dodgers were going to DFA Uribe. The Braves may just DFA Uribe anyways. Who knows.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Weird trade for the dodgers. Braves give up a worse 3B for a better one for only a few mil. And give up 3 shitty pitchers for a high upside arm.

Also, Uribe > CJohnson.

Beckx

Shintaro Fujinami threw 10 innings of shut-out ball for Hanshin this am, 14K, 3BB, 4H, 131 pitches. Left with game tied 0-0. Watching the replay now. Brought his FIP down to 2.23. 3-4 because the Tigers can't hit for shit this year.

Bucs going for another sweep tonight. Harrison quieting the critics of his extension.

Mets-GAF, rejoice with me, we got something for Captain Kirk!

Probably just cash, but someone still gave us money for him!

Thanks, Angels.

Shintaro Fujinami threw 10 innings of shut-out ball for Hanshin this am, 14K, 3BB, 4H, 131 pitches. Left with game tied 0-0. Watching the replay now. Brought his FIP down to 2.23. 3-4 because the Tigers can't hit for shit this year.

Bucs going for another sweep tonight. Harrison quieting the critics of his extension.

*heavybreathingcat.gif*

I WANT HIM

Also Beck what VOD service are you using to watch replays? PM me son.

Beckx

*heavybreathingcat.gif*

I WANT HIM

Also Beck what VOD service are you using to watch replays? PM me son.

My PA-League TV subscription, they got rights for some (but not all) of the Interleague games. Given how high the dollar is right now it's only $12 bucks a month, worth it for me. The VODs are great b/c unlike MLB TV they cut out all the breaks between innings. Stream quality is the only downer. It's not nico-nico horrible but it's not a lot better. Pretty much the only legit way to get replays of Tigers games since Central League is still stuck in last century on streaming services. Meanwhile Pacific League has been (quietly) encouraging US fans to sign up and teasing an easier way for foreigners to sign up soon. Hell, they tweet in both Japanese and English.

My PA-League TV subscription, they got rights for some (but not all) of the Interleague games. Given how high the dollar is right now it's only $12 bucks a month, worth it for me. The VODs are great b/c unlike MLB TV they cut out all the breaks between innings. Stream quality is the only downer. It's not nico-nico horrible but it's not a lot better. Pretty much the only legit way to get replays of Tigers games since Central League is still stuck in last century on streaming services. Meanwhile Pacific League has been (quietly) encouraging US fans to sign up and teasing an easier way for foreigners to sign up soon. Hell, they tweet in both Japanese and English.

I thought the PAL TV just had live-streams. Didn't know they had any VOD. Pretty nice. Will have to plop down $12 to get my kid watching with me.

It'll be nice to watch Tigers games though. I'v caught a few Giants and Ham Fighters games this year but, haven't had a chance to watch like I want too.

Beckx

I thought the PAL TV just had live-streams. Didn't know they had any VOD. Pretty nice. Will have to plop down $12 to get my kid watching with me.

Definitely, my son watches the games at night (we watch Ace of the Diamond together too). PM me if you have any questions about sign up.

Top Bottom