• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Andrew Cashner has one of the oddest pitching lines I've ever seen.

4.2 IP 11 H 6R 0BB 12K

edit: Oh and DeGrom with a perfect game through 5. I hope I'll jinx it for fantasy reasons. Again: DeGrom with a perfect game through 5 innings.

Syrinx

If you had told me that the Mets would strike out 16 times tonight, I'd have totally believed you.

If you had then told me we would also score 7 runs without Duda in the lineup, I'd not only not believe you but I would question your basic human functionality. But,so it goes.

deGrom is good too.

jman2050

Biggest disappointment in the AL so far: Red Sox, White Sox or Mariners?

I don't know if the Red Sox count as a true disappointment given 80% of everything written about the team in the media before the season started were various mental gymnastics to justify why they weren't going to be mediocre-to-terrible. Frankly they're performing exactly as expected.

The Mariners are the true disappointment from that list, but the actual answer is the A's.

I don't know if the Red Sox count as a true disappointment given 80% of everything written about the team in the media before the season started were various mental gymnastics to justify why they weren't going to be mediocre-to-terrible. Frankly they're performing exactly as expected.

The Mariners are the true disappointment from that list, but the actual answer is the A's.
Fangraphs' projections think the Red Sox will have the 6th highest remainder-of-schedule winning % in the majors.

It makes me sad watching what he's become.

Even though as a Mets fan I am contractually obligated to hate him after watching that Waino 12-6.
I love all 3 players involved in that play. That is actually my favorite postseason moment, slightly ahead of Game 6.

Beckx

Did not expect to wake up to a Bucs win after the way that game started.

Hate west coast games. I can watch more of NPB games than I can of a late west coast game. And watching MLBTV replays is okay but kinda miserable with the ads inserted into the VODs.

Bonus content: your new favorite second baseman, Ryosuke Kikuchi of the Hiroshima Carp.

Edwardo

Odds to win the AL East

New York Yankees 13/5

Boston Red Sox 3/1

Tampa Bay Rays 7/2

Baltimore Orioles 4/1

Toronto Blue Jays 4/1

Well the A's traded away two of their best hitters for enigmatic Lawrie and a bag of balls and one of their best pitchers for an erratic shortstop and minor league filler.
Sure they have been unlucky as far as run differential is concerned, but I don't think anybody really expected the A's to be good.

aFIGurANT

Well the A's traded away two of their best hitters for enigmatic Lawrie and a bag of balls and one of their best pitchers for an erratic shortstop and minor league filler.
Sure they have been unlucky as far as run differential is concerned, but I don't think anybody really expected the A's to be good.
I think the Beans effect was supposed to be in play for a lot of people. They've got one of the worse records in close games and that's with the big injuries to Griffin and Doolittle. They were going to have a hard time storming the division but still they were thought fairly high of iirc.

Top Bottom