• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Chris R

Thank you stub hub

7kkCIUy.jpg

PAT VENDITTE IS WARMING UP IN THE PEN

I REPEAT

PAT VENDITTE IS WARMING UP IN THE PEN

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

He's pitching right-handed...for now

EDIT: OMG NOW HE'S PITCHING LEFT-HANDED!!!

BigAT

Is there anything in the rules about switch armed pitching? Can a pitcher switch mid batter?

From earlier:

Venditte has to “decide” to go righty or left at the start of the at-bat, and the batter gets to choose his side. But at any point during the at-bat, either Venditte or the batter can then switch sides—but only once.

jbug617

Banned
Woman suffering life threatening injuries after getting hit with piece of a broken bat at Fenway.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...cher-fenway/Ie9sz929jciWL4Ez7YqOoK/story.html
A woman suffered life-threatening injuries after she was struck in the face by a broken bat that flew into the stands during the Red Sox game at Fenway Park Friday night, officials said.

The woman, who was not identified, was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, according to Boston police spokeswoman Rachel McGuire. The victim was sitting with her husband and son at the time, McGuire said.

Police said the incident occurred at about 7:40 p.m. as the woman sat in the second row of the stands along the third base line.

A security guard who witnessed the accident said the woman suffered serious injuries to her face. A boy sitting near the woman was shaken up, according to the security guard.

A spokesman for the Red Sox could not be reached for comment Friday night.

The woman was hit in the second inning by a bat that broke after a swing by Brett Lawrie of the Oakland A’s, who were at Fenway to play the Red Sox. The game was halted to attend to the woman and boy

Eyewitness account
“Brett Lawrie hit the ball and the bat snapped in half near the end of the bat,” Merlas said. “It hit on the forehead to the top of the head ... it was a blunt trauma and it was a lot of blood. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that much blood.”

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sanchez looking good.

Astros left their bats back in Houston.

This Venditte guy, man. Being able to throw lefty and righty? And here I thought being able to switch hit was cool... (myself included, sure I sucked, but I can do it)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fausto always seems to have that one really REALLY bad inning, which can put the game out of reach for the Astros...

zychi

Banned
Came to mention this as well after seeing it on twitter.

Terrifying =( Really really really hope she pulls through. I could barely make it through reading that.

Sucks that it happened. Is there video? Usually the person isn't paying attention and I can't really feel bad for someone who isn't looking at the baseball field in front of them.

ShaneB

Sucks that it happened. Is there video? Usually the person isn't paying attention and I can't really feel bad for someone who isn't looking at the baseball field in front of them.

I can't watch handle watching any video of it. Looks like the deadspin article has some photos and videos of the aftermath.

Top Bottom