• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

eznark

Banned
YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS BUT WE FOUND A NOTEBOOK!

Oh, sure, whenever the MLB needs a bit of evidence someone conveniently scribbles into a notebook. Must be nice,

eznark

Banned
Gary Sheffield has admitted to losing games on purpose: will be in the hall of fame

Pete Rose was so sure he would win that he put EXTRA money on positive outcomes: banned for life

Parch

Remember when they said losing Melky would be a big blow for the Jays?
Guess not.
I was pissed they couldn't sign him. Now I'm glad they didn't because he reeks this year. The PED's must have worn off.

Blue Jays getting surprising production from their role players and call ups. Everybody hits in that lineup.

I was pissed they couldn't sign him. Now I'm glad they didn't because he reeks this year. The PED's must have worn off.

Blue Jays getting surprising production from their role players and call ups. Everybody hits in that lineup.

Agreed. In hindsight, I'm glad that the Jays didn't, especially when you consider that the ENTIRE lineup can hit and especially mash. I mean, I loved Melky when he was here, considering that he was a fairly low risk signing that worked out, but we're better off without him if this offensive torrent continues.

Gary Sheffield has admitted to losing games on purpose: will be in the hall of fame

Pete Rose was so sure he would win that he put EXTRA money on positive outcomes: banned for life

Not that this is your point, but you think Gary Sheffield will be in the Hall of Fame? Even if he was one of the best hitters ever, he was abominable in the field and hated by the writers. If he ever breaks 25%, I'd be shocked.

Besides that, his fielding was so awful (if "awful" even covers -30 wins in the field), it wouldn't surprise me if claiming that it was all intentional was just a post-hoc justification.

eznark

Banned
Not that this is your point, but you think Gary Sheffield will be in the Hall of Fame? Even if he was one of the best hitters ever, he was abominable in the field and hated by the writers. If he ever breaks 25%, I'd be shocked.

Besides that, his fielding was so awful (if "awful" even covers -30 wins in the field), it wouldn't surprise me if claiming that it was all intentional was just a post-hoc justification.

Unfortunately, I think he is a lead pipe lock, which fucking sucks. I'll probably go to Coopertown to boo him.

Man that sucks, baseball was this close to letting him back in under tremendous pressure.
Weird how these phantom notebooks turn up whenever MLB needs them, isn't it?

I have no doubt that when Barry Bonds finally has the public behind him (and it's coming) they'll find some "evidence" to use to continue to blacklist him.

Baseball is such a joke with this stuff. Paul Hornig and Karras bet on football games while they were playing, got a year suspension, then CAME BACK AND PLAYED MORE. Hornig is in the HoF and Karras should be. It's a joke, baseball knows it's a joke but continues to do it anyway.

I mean hell Shoeless Joe is still blacklisted despite the overwhelming evidence of his innocence.

Malo

Banned
Ivan Nova is going to make his season debut Wednesday against the Phillies. The Yankees will be using a 6 man rotation for the time being.

Marz

When the BBWAA get their head out of their ass about playing at Coors? We need more Canadian baseball icons!

Coors field is a joke. I was looking at some stats for some Rockies players and the inflated numbers are just ridiculous compared to what they did with other teams.

Coors field is a joke. I was looking at some stats for some Rockies players and the inflated numbers are just ridiculous compared to what they did with other teams.

It's really not as tremendous an advantage as people think.

It makes a difference certainly, but it's not as if by going there you magically become a better offensive player by default. wRC+ tends to trend only 6-7 points higher at Coors.

Marz

It's really not as tremendous an advantage as people think.

It makes a difference certainly, but it's not as if by going there you magically become a better offensive player by default. wRC+ tends to trend only 6-7 points higher at Coors.

I mean look at Vinny Castilla. Has 4 straight monster years with the Rockies, leaves and doesn't come close to 30 in like 5 years....comes back to Colorado and has a 35 hr 115 rbi year.

Like wtf.

Edit: it's not bad anymore since they introduced the humidor, but the 90's and early 2000's some of those Rockies like Walker, Helton, and Castilla aren't deserving of a lot of those power numbers.

If Larry Walker and Todd Helton are going to get dinged for playing at Coors, Bagwell should get a big benefit for playing in Houston all those years.

Bullshit how this Coors effect isn't applied the other way as well.

(Still don't think Helton and Walker are HOF players. Bagwell, however, is).

Just turned on the Jays game. I see it's Crappy Hutchison today? If he could ever string together a few good outings in a row, he'd be a pretty valuable pitcher. Instead he's unhittable one start, and serving up meatballs the next.

Gary Sheffield has no chance in hell to get in the Hall of Fame. Hated by the writers, his numbers weren't otherworldy in his era and being named in the Mitchell Report. Shoeless Joe Jackson has a better chance than him.

Gary Sheffield has no chance in hell to get in the Hall of Fame. Hated by the writers, his numbers weren't otherworldy in his era and being named in the Mitchell Report. Shoeless Joe Jackson has a better chance than him.

Shoeless Joe should have been in 50 years ago tbh.

If Biggio gets in with his throughly mediocre numbers, Sheffield can get it. He wont because everybody hates his guts, but his numbers wouldn't keep him out.

Still pissy Bagwell and Piazza aren't in.

rando14

Pineda with a 4.25 era and got lit up by the worst offense in baseball...

MEANWHILE My dear friend Jesus "Jesus" Montero has TWO (2) triples in AAA!!

Still strikes out a lot though....

Top Bottom