• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

clemenx

Banned
OTL:pete Rose bet on baseball while still playing

7o1IU0O.png

I've long said that MLB should forgive and forget and bring Pete back into the fold, but this is a terrible look for ol buddy

Wait... John Dowd exists??

dowd_display_image.jpg

GOAT

JDeluis

I feel like whenever Kershaw or Greinke is pitching, the guys figure, "eh, I don't need to do much today, I'll let someone else score the runs." and then nobody does.

I feel the same way. Just look at the horrible pitches they keep swinging. At the beginning of the game they didn't even try to work the pitcher, just keep swinging at every pitch.

How is Kershaw going to gain confidence in the game, when everybody else is playing like shit.

I feel the same way. Just look at the horrible pitches they keep swinging. At the beginning of the game they didn't even try to work the pitcher, just keep swinging at every pitch.

How is Kershaw going to gain confidence in the game, when everybody else is playing like shit.

Yup. It's like Kershaw and Greinke have to pitch perfect games in order to get a win.

zroid

Banned
Can you imagine how fucked this bullpen would be without Osuna coming outta nowhere in ST?

can you fucking imagineeeeeeeeeeee

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Doyers getting exposed as an early season fraud. What's their record against teams with winning records now?

Looking at the Schedule/Standings at this very moment they are
6-17 against winning records (Giants, Cardinals, and Rangers)
2-1 against .500 (Braves)
31-13 against losers records (Padres, DBacks, Seattle, Colorado, Miami, Brewers)

after math was done Dodgers lost again. Now
6-18 against winning records (Giants, Cardinals, Rangers and Cubs)

zulux21

is there any team in the majors right now so desperate for short stop help that they would want Alexei Ramirez and hope that he rebounds to previous seasons form instead of what he is doing this season?

I am really tired of watching him play and would rather the white sox just bring up Tim Anderson at this point :/

is there any team in the majors right now so desperate for short stop help that they would want Alexei Ramirez and hope that he rebounds to previous seasons form instead of what he is doing this season?

I am really tired of watching him play and would rather the white sox just bring up Tim Anderson at this point :/
I don't know if anyone wants his contract that comes with it. Isn't it pretty high?

zulux21

I don't know if anyone wants his contract that comes with it. Isn't it pretty high?

nah it's not to bad
he is owed 10 mil this season (so what 6mil left or so) and has a 10mil option next season with a 1 mil buy out.

so it's not like he is owed a ton of money overall. if he was playing remotely near his career numbers it would actually be a good deal on him.

I'd imagine the white sox would happily eat 4 mil or so (3 mil of this season and the 1 mil buyout) if it meant getting an ok prospect (maybe an organizations 25th or so)

I remember the rumor a few years back that the Cards wanted to trade Carlos Martinez for him but got turned down by the White Sox. That looks even more ridiculous now than it did back then. :lol

zulux21

I remember the rumor a few years back that the Cards wanted to trade Carlos Martinez for him but got turned down by the White Sox. That looks even more ridiculous now than it did back then. :lol

I could believe that, and I could easily believe the white sox didn't think it was enough a few years ago. It's not like alexei is a bad shortstop and until recently it's not like the white sox had a lot of middle infield talent to replace him (now they have plenty)

He just in general looks like he doesn't want to be there :/
I imagine if he got traded to a contender his bat and fielding would improve greatly (and is likely what the white sox would say) I am just ready to start watching the talent of the future as it is clear the white sox aren't going anywhere and need some new management in general.

I want a manager who will focus on the basics, perhaps Ron Gardenhire is available he might be decent. I am repeatedly seeing to much stuff that drives me nuts with the team though. Failed bunts, poor jumps for stealing thus just running into outs, watching the ball instead of running hard (I have news for you watching the left fielder throw the ball in isn't going to help you more than putting your head down and just running as hard as possible home) bad communication in the field ect.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fuck Albert Pujols

And fuck Bud Selig for moving the Astros into the AL West, I'm tired of having to deal with that fucker.

Top Bottom