• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
That's what speed do.

B2R0gqA.gif

Speed dont beat a Bum

Diamondbacks chief baseball officer Tony La Russa has commented on the controversial Touki Toussaint trade with the Braves:

The ability to to have some payroll flexibility is critical to adding a couple of pieces. I don’t think we’re going to need a lot of pieces because we’re going to develop with this core. But if you can make the right move or two with somebody, that brings a lot to the table. Payroll flexibility is important. We think our future is sooner rather than later. We’re not pushing a five-year plan, which is what Touki is. Does that mean, just in retrospect, since I was there, should I have told (former scouting director Ray Montgomery), ‘Ray, don’t draft a Touki?’ Maybe I should have, but that was my first draft.

rando14

His average is .211, much better than Zunino's .155. Zunino starts at catcher, so he's a huge black hole in their lineup.

Of course, Rollins also costs $10.5M more per year, so I have to agree with you.

zunino is such a good defensive catcher he still has a positive war, but man 155 sure is ugly :/

zunino is such a good defensive catcher he still has a positive war, but man 155 sure is ugly :/

He's probably the top framer behind Lucroy, Molina and Gomes.

But at this point it's clear that the bat is just never going to develop. He's your swing catcher, not your primary. Mariners should call the Mets about Plawecki, I'm serious.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Diamondbacks chief baseball officer Tony La Russa has commented on the controversial Touki Toussaint trade with the Braves:
well the odds that the kid turns into something is low, as is every pitching prospect but if he does figure it out....

If just a couple of these high risk picks works out for the braves then they will have some star players in 4-5 years.

I respect his taking responsibility for the whole thing.

They have a plan and they're going to execute it. Tony knows what he's doing, even if the rest of the world think he's nuts, I'll go ahead and believe in the guy.

tc farks

Immediately questioning the validity of that study with the White Sox ranked so low. Clearly isn't taking into account my Facebook feed.

That's just fucking retarded. This org is still making Towers moves long after he is gone. Current payroll flexibility!? You fucking kidding me!? Your not a year or two away from contending. It seems for the past five years at least this organization just loves trading away talent for nothing. It's like they want to be the greatest assortment of mediocre talent in sports. I'm surprised nobody has fleeced them for Goldschmidt yet.

ME AM GOUD AT GRAMAMR

That's just fucking retarded. This org is still making Towers moves long after he is gone. Current payroll flexibility!? You fucking kidding me!? Your not a year or two away from contending. It seems for the past five years at least this organization just loves trading away talent for nothing. It's like they want to be the greatest assortment of mediocre talent in sports. I'm surprised nobody has fleeced them for Goldschmidt yet.

To be serious for a second, it's fucking idiotic. Next year they have a cable deal that kicks in over $60M a year to their payroll. You telling me they couldn't just eat $9M for ONE YEAR when they aren't even contending to keep their best pitching prospect?

It makes no sense. La Russa has no idea what he's talking about.

Looking at the Schedule/Standings at this very moment they are
6-17 against winning records (Giants, Cardinals, and Rangers)
2-1 against .500 (Braves)
31-13 against losers records (Padres, DBacks, Seattle, Colorado, Miami, Brewers)

after math was done Dodgers lost again. Now
6-18 against winning records (Giants, Cardinals, Rangers and Cubs)
Losing to winners are expected, but Giants have the reverse:
15-8 against winning teams
2-2 against .500 (Braves)
21-23 against losers

wtf!

Top Bottom