• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

I promised to boycott the season till Terry is gone if he wasn't fired today.

I'm sticking too that. I'll watch the Stros and Cubs and Jays if I watch anything at all.

Well that and the Doyers for the sweet, dulcet tones of one Vin Scully.

Mistake sending Joe Ross back to the minors. He's earned his spot this year, Stephen hasn't. What are the rules for being on the 15 day, how many rehab assignments can you have? They should've had him rest up, then work on his mechanics if the pitching coaches know how to do it, do some simulated games in extended Apring Training, then minor league rehab starts.

Rumorz:

The Yankees and Rangers are having "ongoing discussions" regarding Cole Hamels, though no deal is immiment with either team. The Rangers are believed to be further ahead.

Hamels has reportedly told the Phillies he will block any trade proposals that send him to the Astros, but would waive it for the Rangers or Yankees. The only known teams on his limited no-trade list are the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, and Astros.

Hamels is still owed about $11 million this season, then $73.5 million the next three seasons (which includes a $6 million buyout of his $20 million club option for 2019). His '19 option becomes guaranteed at $24 million if he throws either 400 IP combined in 2017-2018 (with 200 IP required in 2018) and if he is not on the DL with an elbow or shoulder injury at the end of the 2018 season.

Rumorz:

The Yankees and Rangers are having "ongoing discussions" regarding Cole Hamels, though no deal is immiment with either team.

Hamels has reportedly told the Phillies he will block any trade proposals that send him to the Astros, but would waive it for the Rangers or Yankees.

Hamels is still owed about $11 million this season, then $73.5 million the next three seasons (which includes a $6 million buyout of his $20 million club option for 2019). His '19 option becomes guaranteed at $24 million if he throws either 400 IP combined in 2017-2018 (with 200 IP required in 2018) and if he is not on the DL with an elbow or shoulder injury at the end of the 2018 season.

Reportedly blocked the trade to the Astro's because they wouldn't pick up his 2019 option.

Gotta get teh cash.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Mistake sending Joe Ross back to the minors. He's earned his spot this year, Stephen hasn't. What are the rules for being on the 15 day, how many rehab assignments can you have? They should've had him rest up, then work on his mechanics if the pitching coaches know how to do it, do some simulated games in extended Apring Training, then minor league rehab starts.

Agreed. Strasburg has never been optioned, so they could keep him down until he proves he's healthy and can still get people out.

Once a rehab assignment has started, the team has 20 days to activate the player unless he gets re-injured. For a starting pitcher, that's good for about 3-4 starts.

Loco4Coco

I promised to boycott the season till Terry is gone if he wasn't fired today.

I'm sticking too that. I'll watch the Stros and Cubs and Jays if I watch anything at all.

Well that and the Doyers for the sweet, dulcet tones of one Vin Scully.

I think Sandy Alderson is more to blame here.

Ask Timmy to pitch on a day rest.
lol.
Bochy shoulda swapped Timmy and Bum's starts.
ATQRsB0.png

No depth no moves nothing. Time to get swept by the Brew Crew

Well what are we supposed to move? Nobody wants our crap pitchers and I'd rather not move long term assets in a season that's already lost.

Terry is directly responsible for a multitude of losses with his shit BP management.

Beckx

Tomorrow's a good fucking day.

Otani game in the morning, Cole game in the evening, and my work travel has apparently been canceled for the day. Baseball gods are good.

now watch em both get shelled

Syrinx

Well what are we supposed to move? Nobody wants our crap pitchers and I'd rather not move long term assets in a season that's already lost.

Terry is directly responsible for a multitude of losses with his shit BP management.
I don't think it's about what he's not doing now; it's what he didn't do this offseason. He basically signed Cuddyer and then sat with his thumb up his ass.

Not defending Terry here; he licks ass, but Sandy isn't blameless here.

I don't think it's about what he's not doing now; it's what he didn't do this offseason. He basically signed Cuddyer and then sat with his thumb up his ass.

Not defending Terry here; he licks ass, but Sandy isn't blameless here.

Not saying he's blameless. But he can only do so much in FA with how hamstrung he is through his budget.

Now that means he can't swing and miss on the guys he brings in, and he has.

zulux21

How much is MLB TV or whatever? I kind of want to see the Yankees everyday.

it's $25 a month
$100 for the rest of the season

though it was just $50 two days ago
and should go down in price for the rest of the season in 9 days.

i think there is a cheaper version out there but I believe it's nonHD

So for the ASG, it's looking like Posey will start, then Crawford and Panik will sub and Bumgarner will come in as relief. All this vs the American League team aka Royals.

Top Bottom