• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

On replay, that looks even more impressive. Somehow Peralta actually seemed to have touched the bag and Bryant was barreling in for the takeout slide. Wow.

Edit: and now they throw it away. lol

TESPoUf.jpg

How many balls Will try to kill me tonight?

So why don't more people try to steal against Lester? Is Wong that fast or is Lester just that unnerved? Because that looked like stealing candy from a baby.

Lester can't throw to bases

Dunno why more people don't steal on him (or maybe they do - haven't looked at the numbers)
Oh I know he can't throw, that's why I was asking why not more steals. That was just such a crazy lead that Wong took. The lead was so big that he was basically starting to slide when the catcher received the ball.

Oh I know he can't throw, that's why I was asking why not more steals. That was just such a crazy lead that Wong took. The lead was so big that he was basically starting to slide when the catcher received the ball.

He has the most 1st-2nd steals in the league IIRC.

He compensates by being a great GB pitcher.

He has the most 1st-2nd steals in the league IIRC.

He compensates by being a great GB pitcher.
Wow I didn't realize the numbers actually reflected the stealing thing. That's crazy. It just seems like such a problem when your inability to throw to the base can allow singles to turn into runners getting themselves into scoring position.

lol Lester with the "fuck." Never ceases to crack me up trying to lipread players.

aFIGurANT

Lackey got the K on a nice breaker and then Wong played his ass off in the field. Cardinal way.

Now we can argue if the cardinal way is synonymous with witch craft but that's this year's team, lucky as shit when it starts to hit the fan.

Lackey got the K on a nice breaker and then Wong played his ass off in the field. Cardinal way.

Now we can argue if the cardinal way is synonymous with witch craft but that's this year's team, lucky as shit when it starts to hit the fan.
Even as a Cards fan, considering that we managed to turn the Kelly/Craig trade into Lackey pitching for a mere $500,000 for us, I'm going to have to argue witchcraft.

aFIGurANT

Cubs are using the slowest pitcher on the planet in the top of the 9th when there's more rain coming

Not sure how that really benefits them but ok

I'mma be upset if there's even more moisture tomorrow and we don't get both games in. I wanna bury the division from now through sunday.

E: Poor Edwin btw, he's had a weird career. He won't have to tell his grandkids about it though, he'll just flash the ring when they ask what kind of pitcher he was I bet.

Top Bottom