• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Chris R

Omg down 0-3, come back with 5, and IMMEDATELY give up 2 runs so now it's tied

This season ...

lol this team

Either the pitching is on point and we get zero runs or the bats light up and we have to hope to win a slugfest.

We aren't outslugging Detroit tonight though I think

I think Adrian Beltre is another example of a player who isn't particularly sexy (relative to his skillset) and who doesn't really have a loyal fanbase to advocate for him once he's left the game. By contrast, If Posey retires a giant, you can bet Giants fans won't let others forget what an amazing player he was (and is).

yeah but he's a far more likable person and player than crybaby Posey.

Top 20 could be tough. He's not even the best hitter of his era (love him or hate him, Alex Rodriguez is the best active hitter) and he's nowhere near Bonds territory. Sure, both of those are tainted careers, but if we're just looking at the numbers...

I'd get him in the top 30, and agree with you that he'll be respected but a bit unappreciated.

Best comparable in my head is Frank Robinson or an Eddie Mathews. Great players, but not sure they are beloved.

Pujols gets a lot of run in Southern California, but of course ESPN doesn't pay much attention to the west coast so the rest of the country doesn't think of Pujols like they used to.

Well, Buster is the new face of baseball. Beltre's Seattle stint didn't do him any favors, and now he's toiling in Arlington, one of baseball's true backwaters.

Not even sure Beltre is a Hall of Famer. Maybe he is. Dude reminds me of Don Sutton a bit. You like him on your team, but other than that you don't think about the guy.

Trout and Harper are ahead of Posey.

Interesting article from Lookout Landing on the Jekyll & Hyde nature of MLB's Advanced Media department.

Taking this article into account along with the death of Dodgerfilms, it's interesting to see MLB constantly badger for more acceptance by youth, yet kill the people trying to make it happen. Dodgerfilms in his explanation video said it himself, half his audience was kids, the EXACT market MLB wants to target. So why kill something (Or in Rivera's case, GIF's of plays that are infinitely faster then MLB's) that gives you net benefits?

stuff like this is very worrying for the future of the game.

Top 20 could be tough. He's not even the best hitter of his era (love him or hate him, Alex Rodriguez is the best active hitter) and he's nowhere near Bonds territory. Sure, both of those are tainted careers, but if we're just looking at the numbers....
Pujols has better rate stats than A-Rod when it comes to hitting (Miggy is also ahead of A-Rod if we're talking strictly about the bat). A-Rod's best two seasons by wRC+ would be Pujols' 4th and 5th best. A-Rod's been the more valuable player due to defense and baserunning though.

Obviously, nobody touches Bonds' video game numbers.

_woLf

Hey look Rodney knows how to blow a lead in the 8th as well as the 9th inning!

(or was that on Lowe? ESPN's score tracker is like 3 innings behind for me so I'm using MLB.com's and I don't know how it works)

The Mets have the worst fundamentals I've ever seen. Terry has to go.

The suicide squeeze "attempt" by DC1 the other day was seriously the single worst bit of baseball fundamentals I'v ever seen.

Lets ignore the fact that the runner was ON FUCKING THIRD and he bunted to the third base side, the attempt, the baserunning, the lack of awareness to tag back to the bag.

We're a horribly coached team, fire everyone except Warthan, hire Lopez from AA to coach the interim, and lets get on with the new era.

But that's not gonna happen, Terry is gonna coast for the entire year, we might luck into 85 wins, the Wilpon's will see it as "progress" and we'll be stuck with him again.

It sure was great that we didn't fire him last year when we could have gotten Joe fucking Maddon.

Hey look Rodney knows how to blow a lead in the 8th as well as the 9th inning!

(or was that on Lowe? ESPN's score tracker is like 3 innings behind for me so I'm using MLB.com's and I don't know how it works)

I'm getting really really really fucking tired of Rodney. He makes me never want to watch ever.

Edwardo

X with the go-ahead 3 run single!

SOX WIN
SOX WIN
SOX WIN

Alex Speier ‏@alexspeier 10m10 minutes ago
The Red Sox are within five games of .500 for the first time since 6/9, 5 1/2 games back in the AL East pending outcome of NYY-OAK.

We're back baby

#2015Champs
#GetTheDuckBoatsReady

Sweep the Stankees this weekend and we'll be golden going into the All-Star break. :D

#XFORASG

https://www.facebook.com/mlb/videos/10153448468102451/
070715_pit_tarp_med_yn3u85qc.gif

haha

Beckx

4.5 games backkkkkk

This upcoming series is going to be huge. Too bad Harrison and Marte are injured x_x

Getting Kang is proving to be bigger than anyone expected, we can lose Harrison at 3B for a while and survive. Maybe.

First ever series win against the Padres at PNC. Weird. doh, 4 game series.

Chris R

So last night I decided to reach watch maybe about half of last year's HR Derby out of boredom, and to see whether it still holds up.

It doesn't. The format is dumb, dumb, dumb, didn't help the entire event was delayed an hour, and pretty much everyone worth a damn not named Cespedes didn't hit well at all.

Turn the event into a trick shot competition or something.

Put a tee on 2nd base and then put up scoring hoops. Each hitter gets 15 balls.

And make sure Chris Berman is in a different country when the event is held.

jbug617

Banned
Amaro shitted on Utley
“It’s too soon to answer that. Cesar Hernandez is playing well. We’ll see what where we are when Chase comes off the DL. Chase has meant a lot to this franchise. So much can happen between now and then.”

Every other GM would have offered some variation of that answer. But Amaro, when asked if Utley still would be the primary second baseman once healthy, told reporters, “Not for me, he’s not. Cesar Hernandez is our best second baseman. I would assume that Cesar would be our second baseman. I think that’s fair.”

Top Bottom