• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zychi

Banned
It's a hard job but go to hell if you can't take criticism on your zone. Maybe it shouldn't be yadi doing the talking but that was a double clutch of a call and we all know it. Matheny should be out there first to avoid the first ejection but otherwise I think it was a justified piss taking.
Criticism is fine, being a diva and yelling at the ump as the ball is still in play is the worst thing you can do besides physically assault an ump. Strike zone on cubs broadcast showed it outside. Im sure the cards made it a strike.

Stop being a meatball fan.

aFIGurANT

Criticism is fine, being a diva and yelling at the ump as the ball is still in play is the worst thing you can do besides physically assault an ump. Strike zone on cubs broadcast showed it outside. Im sure the cards made it a strike.

Stop being a meatball fan.
Like I said (and I'll do the Brooks bball zone tonight when I'm home), that was a strike for Hammels in the first.

zychi

Banned
Like I said (and I'll do the Brooks bball zone tonight when I'm home), that was a strike for Hammels in the first.
Cool. Didnt know they let Phillies pitchers play in cubs vs cards games.

You must not understand that the graphic for the team you are watching is always skewed toward them. Watch mlb.tv, every team does it. No different than changing the speed of a pitch for an away team's pitcher.

Reading your post history in here, you are a meatball fan so I'm just gonna end this now.

You must not understand that the graphic for the team you are watching is always skewed toward them. Watch mlb.tv, every team does it. No different than changing the speed of a pitch for an away team's pitcher.
I'm assuming that's why he wants to see what Brooks has to say about that AB?

zychi

Banned
I'm assuming that's why he wants to see what Brooks has to say about that AB?
It doesnt matter what Brooks says, the ump called what he called. It was borderline. Yadi needs to calm his struggling ass down and stop being a pretend hardass. No other starting catcher in baseball would ever do that when the ball is in play

I remember when people (myself, even) wanted the Cardinals to sign Stephen Drew after 2013

Thank god they didn't

edit: ump's zone is bigger now for Rosenthal, lol

JDHarbs

CJcTQRRUEAAmmUp.jpg:large

aFIGurANT

I remember when people (myself, even) wanted the Cardinals to sign Stephen Drew after 2013

Thank god they didn't

edit: ump's zone is bigger now for Rosenthal, lol

Yeah that skewed the end result of the night's zone to being about equal for both teams but before those wide strikes it was like four missed calls in favor Chicago and only one strike being called a ball for St. Louis:

fastmap.php

(Two low pitches going for strikes and then on the outside the Rosie pitches).

You can see the close call here FWIW:

fastmap.php

I'm assuming it's that green triangle right there on the corner, unless they post charts for each AB and I'm not seeing it there yet.

zroid

Banned
regardless of how the game ends, I just want to say the blue jays are pathetic and Hutchison has worn out my patience

Yeah that skewed the end result of the night's zone to being about equal for both teams but before those wide strikes it was like four missed calls in favor Chicago and only one strike being called a ball for St. Louis:

fastmap.php

(Two low pitches going for strikes and then on the outside the Rosie pitches).

You can see the close call here FWIW:

fastmap.php

I'm assuming it's that green triangle right there on the corner, unless they post charts for each AB and I'm not seeing it there yet.
numlocation.php

Could've gone either way based on that graph. I didn't get to watch the AB - did Yadi do a poor job of framing it?

brentech

Later this month in going to an Indians game. Think they're playing the white sox. Haven't been to a game in a couple years...anyone know if they have any good ballpark food to look out for?

Beckx

Whew. Extremely happy we managed to split the series. Now to hope we don't get swept in Pittsburgh...

Going to be an interesting series that's for sure. On the Pirates side I'm hoping to see results against a good team, because our record is based on feasting on teams .500 or lower.

CURSE YOU OSAKA TOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Hiranuma is the chosen one.

You can see him in the early parts of that video after he got crushed by Toin last summer, coming back to destroy them in the Spring had to feel so sweet.

numlocation.php

Could've gone either way based on that graph. I didn't get to watch the AB - did Yadi do a poor job of framing it?

The zone last night was actually pretty good looking at it now, but there are still a lot of called balls that almost always would've been strikes, especially in the Montero AB. But there's a case to be made that they were balls, probably depends on what team you root for at the end of the day

Can easily understand the frustration for Wacha and Yadi though, he was painting brilliantly and just wasn't getting the calls. But that's baseball

kris.

Banned
aww yea surprise day game! fuck you, work! i'm done with you until my boss comes and questions me about why i'm not working!

thefro

Bill Murray: St. Louis Cardinals are Satan's messengers on Earth

edit: more Murray Cardinals bashing

Murray continued to heckle the Cardinals fan and brought up the ongoing FBI hacking investigation.

“And then it turns out your team is cheaters, too,” he added.

The Chicago actor wasn’t finished teasing Cardinals fans at the golf tournament. While walking down a fairway, Murray saw a young boy wearing a Cardinals hat. The young boy asked for an autograph, but the Cubs fan in Murray came out.

“Are you a Cardinals fan? Get out of here. Rotten kid,” Murray said to the kid

Top Bottom