• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Malo

Banned
Doesnt sound good

Yeah like I said earlier, he should have just had the surgery last year. Ervin Santana took until last year to get his velo back (and that was aided by Steroids). He needs to just have the surgery or his velo will never come back.
I wanted him to get the surgery as well, but when his injury happened, he went to four doctors and all of them recommended rehab over surgery.

The decreased velocity isn't good, but Tanaka didn't primarily rely on velocity last season. His average fastball velocity according to pitch fx was 91.

Pineda is the true ace anyway
until he lands on the DL

I wanted him to get the surgery as well, but when his injury happened, he went to four doctors and all of them recommended rehab over surgery.

The decreased velocity isn't good, but Tanaka didn't primarily rely on velocity last season. His average fastball velocity according to pitch fx was 91.

Pineda is the true ace anyway
until he lands on the DL
He throws that splitter so much more in MLB than NPB. That's going to cause the surgery. It needs to happen, since he is going to be the face of Jpanese baseball in MLB for a LONG time since the new posting rules offended NPB.

aFIGurANT

you mean the world series favorites Chicago Cubs?

On the real wouldn't GAF agree it's WSH's WS title to piss away if it's anyone's? I feel like only the Doyers come close to their talent but half the SP is gonna hit the DL soon if they haven't already.

In the AL I guess maybe you could say post-trade-deadline Boston could be up there or maybe one of the Angels or Mariners. Beyond that it's murky IMO. I'll go first and say that the Nats make it to the WS and probably win it.

G-Fex

you mean the world series favorites Chicago Cubs?

close to picking them as my team.

RBH

I didn't realize until now that MLB's Opening Night is on ESPN2 rather than ESPN due to the NCAA Women's Final Four.

zychi

Banned
Was Wrigley supposed to be done for opening night? Was that the reason they got the only game tomorrow?

No. It's a 5 year (now 6 year) plan.

The bleachers were supposed to be finished tho. They probably got behind the Cubs hype and the Cards rivalry being opening day helped.

Unlike the NFL, there's no rhyme or reason to most of MLB's scheduling.

Indians/Astros but no Indians/Tigers. K then.

But we surely can't get enough of that Red Sox/Yankees greatest rivalry in sports thingy!

zychi

Banned
Indians/Astros but no Indians/Tigers. K then.

But we surely can't get enough of that Red Sox/Yankees greatest rivalry in sports thingy!
Arod + new free agents(including an ex tiger and panda). indians are the only cle team i have no issues with, but det got gutted pitching wise, and cle is going to be mediocre this year. No one besides those fan bases want to watch that.

Astros have young talent coming up.

Arod + new free agents(including an ex tiger and panda). indians are the only cle team i have no issues with, but det got gutted pitching wise, and cle is going to be mediocre this year. No one besides those fan bases want to watch that.

Astros have young talent coming up.

While all of that is true, 3 days in a row though?

I realized that I misread the dates, since I thought the Indians games was so low, I didn't notice it was the opening day game. I'm ok with Kluber showing off his b2b Cy Young winning skills on Nat. TV.

aFIGurANT

Combined for 4 WS rings. Too bad for Oakland that none of them were earned while they were still there.

If only Jeremy Giambi slid!

If only Jeremy Giambi wasn't a piece of shit on the basepaths pretty much. It's like watching Cabrera try to run the bases in that "timeless" clip. Learn to play the game you're getting paid to play, dude.

Top Bottom