• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

Alderson is using WAR/$$ because he has no choice. If the Wilpons open up the vaults of the money they probably don't have we'd probably retain Yo easily. You don't just let a guy with that skill level go.

I agree, but they still dished out some substantial money to retain Granderson and Cuddy.

Do you think an organisation run by sabermetricians is gonna go nuts over Cespedes?

Sure they may have paid overs to get Grandy & Cuddy here, but that was "rebuilding team" tax and Wright was "ownership doesn't want an empty stadium" tax.

That said, Muffy and Bart are both coming off the books next season, so they could front load a contract with a good margin.

I just don't see Sandy doing it and I see Wilpon making sure it doesn't happen.

I'm fully expecting Cespedes to be a short term rental.

zroid

Banned
Dominos USA: Free Pizza for every no-hitter

Dominos Canada: 2 topping Large for $9.99 because Blue Jays made the playoffs

yay

Jeremy Affeldt retiring, so long sweet prince.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-reliever-jeremy-affeldt-retiring-14-seasons

First thing that always pop to my head is Game 6 2010 NLCS, benches clear and the only Giant still in the bullpen is Affeldt warming up to come into the game then pitches 2 innings of scoreless ball helping us get to the world series.

One of my favorite Giant.
Godspeed Jeremy!

He wrote a nice article on his retirement:
http://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/...isco-giant-retiring-three-time-world-champion

BigAT

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN · 20m20 minutes ago
Alex Rodriguez has been named a finalist for AL Comeback Player of the Year by the MLBPA.

#hero

FYI: The Braves, who own the third-worst record in baseball, are still over .500 at home (39-38). They are 25-56 on the road.

Beckx

Mark Feinsand ‏@FeinsandNYDN · 20m20 minutes ago
Alex Rodriguez has been named a finalist for AL Comeback Player of the Year by the MLBPA.

#hero

I want this to happen solely because

mGVbXrS.jpg

Jeremy Affeldt retiring, so long sweet prince.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-reliever-jeremy-affeldt-retiring-14-seasons

First thing that always pop to my head is Game 6 2010 NLCS, benches clear and the only Giant still in the bullpen is Affeldt warming up to come into the game then pitches 2 innings of scoreless ball helping us get to the world series.

It was a good run. Recently he seems to be more of a heart attack type pitcher but I'll never forget what hes done for the team. Now he gets to cut his hand in the kitchen in peace!

Neat story from yesterday: Barry Zito started a game that Sean Doolittle finished for the A's. Doolittle was drafted with the compensation pick the A's received from the Giants for signing Zito.

Congratulations on a fantastic career Mr. Hudson. Nice to see the fans and the Dodgers giving the man a warm sendoff.

222 wins, 2,080 strikeouts, 4 time All-Star, 20 game winner in 2000.

huddy.jpg

Congratulations on a fantastic career Mr. Hudson. Nice to see the fans and the Dodgers giving the man a warm sendoff.

222 wins, 2,080 strikeouts, 4 time All-Star, 20 game winner in 2000.

huddy.jpg

Tim Hudson shouldve been a lifer in ATL. I can't separate him from Atlanta,same with Chipper Jones.

Great pitcher undoubtedly.

Dominos USA: Free Pizza for every no-hitter

Dominos Canada: 2 topping Large for $9.99 because Blue Jays made the playoffs

yay

Meanwhile in America...

... every week from Mon-Thurs a 3 topping Large is only $7.99 for carryout.

I guess lol Canadabux?

Tim Hudson shouldve been a lifer in ATL. I can't separate him from Atlanta,same with Chipper Jones.

Great pitcher undoubtedly.

Supposedly, former GM Frank Wren completely lowballing Hudson on an offer after 2013 was one of the things that put him on the hotseat with John Schuerholz. A lot of people were pissed off at Wren for only offering Hudson a 1-year, $2 million deal (with $5 million incentives). In Wren's defense though, Hudson had a shitty 2013 and he got his ankle totally destroyed by Eric Young Jr.

We will see but I doubt it. The NL East is terrible, Braves and Marlins are going to be really bad, I wouldnt be surprised if the Nats try to really shake things up after what a fucking trainwreck they were this year. Basically the Mets are the only team that will be good, hopefully the Phils can make some moves this offseason to compliment the good core of young players they now have.

Uh you do realize that the Marlins are going to probably win at least 70 games without having their best player since June? Not to mention Alvarez hasn't pitched since May, and Fernandez has only made 10 starts.

This is the best core of young players the Marlins have had in years. Probably won't make the playoffs next year, but I think they hang will around .500.

Parch

Why don't we just forfeit if Gibby wants to give his guys a rest, the scrubs are a disgrace.
Yesterday during the celebration they mentioned that Gibby actually talked to the league about forfeiting game 2 of the double header. The league wouldn't allow it.

Yesterday during the celebration they mentioned that Gibby actually talked to the league about forfeiting game 2 of the double header. The league wouldn't allow it.
Is this a joke? Honestly I hate to be a debbie downer but this while thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I honestly hate conceeding games like they have the last two.

If they do it again in Tampa I'll be pissed. At least friggen start games with the starters and sub them later. I am a huge believer in keeping things rolling while things are hot.

They have 4 days between the regular season ending and playoffs starting. That is more than enough.

Team must be pretty banged up if they continue to rest them. I can give them a pass due to the weather in Baltimore making injuries more likely.

In Tampa is where it will start to annoy me if none of the starters get any time.

Hope they don't go in rested but rusty.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Team must be pretty banged up if they continue to rest them. I can give them a pass due to the weather in Baltimore making injuries more likely.

In Tampa is where it will start to annoy me if none of the starters get any time.

Hope they don't go in rested but rusty.

They're more likely to get hurt in that dump of a stadium.

Start them, but for a few innings.

A Major League team should never actively be trying to forfeit a game.

If the Phillies had tanked the final series against the Braves in 2011, the Braves would have won the Wild Card and Phillies would have probably won the World Series that year. They would have matched up with the Diamondbacks in the first round.

No, sir. Don't like it.

Will be real interesting to see what happens if they get rolled in the first round.

Top Bottom