• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

3N16MA

Banned
Yesterday during the celebration they mentioned that Gibby actually talked to the league about forfeiting game 2 of the double header. The league wouldn't allow it.

Dude should just sit back and enjoy the ride. He was fired once and was probably on the verge of getting the boot again until AA saved him.

He has nothing do with the Jays success.

Sanjuro

Yankees Fans

r6F0ZjL.gif

Parch

I read somewhere else but now cannot find it that his stats after longer than normal breaks is pretty bad. Someone can maybe dig those stats up somewhere. Not sure if true.
11 days seems excessive.
I thought Price was scheduled to pitch on Sunday? He's not getting 11 days off. That would keep him on regular rotation, but I imagine they're not going to let him pitch the entire game.

zroid

Banned
Good to see Sanchez trying to refine his secondary pitches in this appearance. They'd be a huge asset if he can get better control.

I understand Gibby's rationale for resting the A team, and I find it hard to truly object. It's just disappointing that we lost this game with the race against KC going on.

I'd like the Jays to face the Astros if possible. The Yankees and KC are scary, but the Jays are a great team.

Related: I wish Fan 590 wouldn't be so staticy, even within an hour of the city.

zroid

Banned
Real talk: I don't give a fuck about HFA. It's one game at best, and that assumes KC gets past the Wild Card winner. Would rather have the regulars in the best shape possible when the ALDS starts. The only reason I might prefer to get the best record is so we could face the Yankees in an ALDS, because that series would be epic. Although an ALCS vs Yankees would be even better!

Home field is not really a concern for me. And who's to say KC even wins their ALDS series? With the way they have played as of late...

Its more do you want to face Texas or the Yanks/Angels/Astros/Twins in the ALDS?

In a 5 game series Texas and their pitching is the one you'd want to avoid.

Edit: beaten by a zroid above.

Beckx

Apparently Congress is cracking down on the military spending funds to buy promotions at ballgames (all those camo uniforms in MLB).

zroid

Banned
Well now we know why Price isn't pitching against the Rays. He's going to pitch a simulated game for Tulowitzki tomorrow.

Jeremy Affeldt retiring, so long sweet prince.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-reliever-jeremy-affeldt-retiring-14-seasons

First thing that always pop to my head is Game 6 2010 NLCS, benches clear and the only Giant still in the bullpen is Affeldt warming up to come into the game then pitches 2 innings of scoreless ball helping us get to the world series.

Possibly under the radar for everyone but Giants fans but I love this guy. .69 postseason ERA including a streak of 22 consecutive scoreless games (2nd only to Mariano Rivera's streak of 23 scoreless games).

2010: 2 scoreless innings in the clinching NLCS game after Sanchez left early
2012: Struck out Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, and Delmon Young in a tie game, the clinching game 4 of the World Series.
2014: 9th inning, bases loaded, tie game against the Cardinals in the clinching NLCS game. 2 1/3 scoreless innings in game 7 of the World Series.

Fellow MLB.tv users, has it been super choppy for anyone else lately? Constant lowering of the bitrate and just straight up hitching. Been going on for a few weeks now, with both the new and old player.

Top Bottom