• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

Chris R

Perfect end to the last meaningful game for the Mariners for the next 6 months.

This fucking team, at least we helped the 'stros a bit.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for nothing Seattle!

And yet another fuck you to Mike "three gallons of kerosene and a huge box of strike anywhere matches" Pelfrey.

Tomorrow should be the last day the Jays rest the entire lineup due to the hangover. Going into the playoffs on a 5 game losing streak and cold doesn't seem like a great idea.

It is baseball. Unless injured, you shouldn't be resting. Never been a fan of this practice.

Chris R

Astros are pretty safe now IMO. Texas should take at least 2 off the Angles and the Astros should do the same to the Dbacks.

Line_HTX

Incoming three-way tie at the finish, heh heh heh...

No, I don't actually want that. I'd rather the Rangers lose the Division.

Branduil

Incoming three-way tie at the finish, heh heh heh...

No, I don't actually want that. I'd rather the Rangers lose the Division.

Pretty sure a three-way tie is impossible now. Angels can only win the division outright(with a four-game sweep) or lose it.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Pretty sure a three-way tie is impossible now. Angels can only win the division outright(with a four-game sweep) or lose it.

Three way tie in the West is impossible. You could in theory get a 3 way tie for the Wild Card in a few scenarios.

Astros coming back with a win last night was huge. It puts them in pretty good shape where going 2-1 ensures them at least a tie for the wild card.

Tomorrow should be the last day the Jays rest the entire lineup due to the hangover. Going into the playoffs on a 5 game losing streak and cold doesn't seem like a great idea.

It is baseball. Unless injured, you shouldn't be resting. Never been a fan of this practice.

I would be subbing out in some of the regulars starting tomorrow. They definitely need to be playing and home field is that important. They shouldn't go with a total B-Team today even though Gibby said they were.

The top AL record gives them something to keep fighting for, which is good.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I would be subbing out in some of the regulars starting tomorrow. They definitely need to be playing and home field is that important. They shouldn't go with a total B-Team today even though Gibby said they were.

The top AL record gives them something to keep fighting for, which is good.

Even after tonight they still control their destiny for the top seed. KC can't tie us and get the top seed (unless those tiebreakers are wrong too).

They'll need to win as of right now 2 more games than the Jays to get it.

rinse82

well, Hutch is starting.

Don't think we're playing to win this one. The 12:05 start makes it even more difficult.

Hope to take 2 of 3 in Tampa and bank on KC losing one of their remaining 3 games (assuming they win tonight)

well, Hutch is starting.

Don't think we're playing to win this one. The 12:05 start makes it even more difficult.

Hope to take 2 of 3 in Tampa and bank on KC losing one of their remaining 3 games (assuming they win tonight)

I don't think the magic number of three takes into consideration the tie break scenario, which is in our favour. If KC loses one and we win one over the course of the next four games, we should be good.

Edit: Actually, I think the magic number does factor in the tie break. My morning math is terrible. Someone else figure it out.

rinse82

I don't think the magic number of three takes into consideration the tie break scenario, which is in our favour. If KC loses one and we win one over the course of the next four games, we should be good.

Edit: Actually, I think the magic number does factor in the tie break. My morning math is terrible. Someone else figure it out.

Jays 92-66
KC 91-67

4 games remaining.

If Jays go X-X, KC needs to go X-X to finish 1st in AL

0-4, 2-2
1-3, 3-1
2-2, 4-0

If Jays go 3-1 or 4-0, KC cant catch them.

So Magic Number should be 3 if I'm doing this right.

eyeless

Jays 92-66
KC 91-67

4 games remaining.

If Jays go X-X, KC needs to go X-X to finish 1st in AL

0-4, 2-2
1-3, 3-1
2-2, 4-0

If Jays go 3-1 or 4-0, KC cant catch them.

So Magic Number should be 3 if I'm doing this right.
the problem with those numbers is they are throwing away today's game, there is no realistic chance of a win

thinking about it now, not only are they backups, they'll be hungover backups
yfjsZHM.png

so basically we have three games left, if we lose the series in tampa they only need to win 3 of 4, which is highly possible

rinse82

the problem with those numbers is they are throwing away today's game, there is no realistic chance of a win

thinking about it now, not only are they backups, they'll be hungover backups
yfjsZHM.png

so basically we have three games left, if we lose the series in tampa they only need to win 3 of 4, which is highly possible

Dont worry we're gonna sweeeeep at the Trop

Beckx

More bat flip rage

@augustf_mlb Per Twins reporters, Nolasco said Jose Ramirez's bat flip was a "horseshit move" and that "he'll get his, don't worry."

Don't worry Ramirez I'm sure your organization has your back...

@zackmeisel Terry Francona, on Jose Ramirez's bat flip: "Good swing, poor judgment. He'll learn. Hopefully not the hard way, but he'll learn."

oh.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Unwritten rules!!!!!!

I assume Molitor was pissed that the Clevelands shit all over the Twins in that game. Maybe next time don't start human refuse receptacle Mike Pelfrey in a must-win game on fucking September 30?

That line-up reminds me of some of the teams the Jays have fielded in the past 2-3 years. All that's missing is a depressed Bautista and a half-injured Lawrie.

Holy crap.

Then, according to several people who were present, (Werth) confronted Williams — not just about whether he would play that day but about what most of the clubhouse considered to be a chronic lack of communication with his players. Among the most jarring barbs, from Werth to Williams: “When exactly do you think you lost this team?”... Williams denied there was a problem.

“He’s like the guy in his house who hears a sound, like someone breaking in,” one player said. “And his reaction isn’t to take care of the problem or investigate. It’s to put his head under the pillow and hope it goes away.”

Still relenting that sloppy Angels loss last night. That game should've been ours. Entering the series with Texas I'm skeptical. We got our starting rotation thin, our starting closer out on injuries, and I'm pretty sure karma is gonna have sweet, ironic retribution on the Angels for the Hamilton fiasco earlier this year.

I'll say it now before I get too salty based on that outcome: we had a great run to pull up front the August slump. I won't argue that Houston isn't more deserving of a playoff shot this year, so if they keep the WC spot, best of luck to them.

In the meantime, I'll be giving up sascificial offerings to the rally monkey for a 4 game sweep of Texas this weekend and a nose dive for Houston in Arizona...

Top Bottom