• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT3| Only 187 More Days Till Opening Day 2016

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Dang Twins just won't go away.
It's really too bad they pissed away like 3 hearbreaking, very winnable games two weeks ago. I'm not in love with their chances, but hey they're playing meaningful games at the end of the season for the first time in like 5 years.

I don't want Kawasaki or Pennington on the playoff roster but seeing some of the Pennington's throws from second has me learning towards Kawasaki.

I am sure that advanced stats say otherwise but that's just from watching both play recently.

I would rather have neither.

I'm fine with either the Astros or the Twins, just keep those damn Angels out of the postseason please.

Yeah, I really need the Angels to screw up. Honestly, if they make the WC I am more than happy with KC having them first.

Of course, Texas isn't a push over either.

zroid

Banned
This is what the postseason roster should be, IMO:

Price
Dickey
Stroman
Estrada

+

Osuna
Sanchez
Cecil
Lowe
Hendriks
Hawkins
Loup

+

Martin
Navarro
Donaldson
Tulowitzki
Goins
Pennington
Smoak
Colabello
Encarnacion
Revere
Pillar
Bautista
Pompey

+

extra

Extra can be anyone but I lean slightly toward Thole just so Navarro can pinch hit if needed and they won't lose their backup catcher.

Your AA team lost two games in a row. Fucking relax.

lol you know the Jays are tied with KC for AL lead right? Has quite large implications as they are significantly better at home than on the road.

Kawasaki needs to be cut already.

Cut the fucker, srsly.

Unless Buerle doesn't make the 25 man roster, Hutch should be the odd man out along with Loup, Schultz, Tepera, Francis and Delabar... but I KNOW Gibby is going to fuck this up.

100% agree except for maybe Kawaski, he is better than Pennington but not by much. Both are shit.

ShaneB

Kawasaki needs to be on the roster for entertainment value. Sports is fun, the Jays are cool.

Also: http://deadspin.com/root-for-the-blue-jays-in-the-playoffs-1733994813

I know they're doing these for every team, but seriously

Fun read.

Congratulations to the Toronto Blue Jays, a team that was 51-51 and seven games back of the division lead heading into the trade deadline and still had the stones to say, “Fuck it, let’s trade for Troy Tulowitzki and David Price and go win The Whole Shit.” And then they did! The Blue Jays stormed through the second half, hit like a million homers, and became the 2015 AL East champions.

boxter432

It's really too bad they pissed away like 3 hearbreaking, very winnable games two weeks ago. I'm not in love with their chances, but hey they're playing meaningful games at the end of the season for the first time in like 5 years.

yeah the 2 against Det, the Angels game they led 5-0 in the first, and then the game Perk blew last week.

but the REAL driver is this...

Mike Pelfrey's Month of September:

6 starts.
Average of 3.2 innings per start
0-3 record
Twins went 0-6 in the games
ERA of 6.95.

2 wins since the end of May.

any minor league pitcher in the system could have snuck out ONE more fking win.

Anyone had any luck getting Jays playoff tickets from Ticketmaster recently? Heard any stories?

I keep looking out for a batch of new tickets from cancellations but no luck.

Anyone had any luck getting Jays playoff tickets from Ticketmaster recently? Heard any stories?

I keep looking out for a batch of new tickets from cancellations but no luck.

I went on before they went on sale to the General public was put in a queue for an hour and then it said sold out..

yeah the 2 against Det, the Angels game they led 5-0 in the first, and then the game Perk blew last week.

but the REAL driver is this...

Mike Pelfrey's Month of September:

6 starts.
Average of 3.2 innings per start
0-3 record
Twins went 0-6 in the games
ERA of 6.95.

2 wins since the end of May.

any minor league pitcher in the system could have snuck out ONE more fking win.

Pelf managing to choke another teams PS hopes in September? Oooooh man.

Beckx

Dodgers v potential NLCS opponents:

1 - 5 v Pirates
4 - 3 v Cubs
2 - 5 v Cards

Mets v potential NLCS opponents:

0 - 7 v Cubs
0 - 6 v Pirates
3 - 4 v Cards

NL Central teams against each other:

Cubs 11 - Pirates 8 (diff: Arrieta 3-0 v Pirates; Burnett took 2 L's, Caminero the other)
Cubs 8 - Cards 11
Cards 10 - Pirates 9

I guess Mets are rooting for Cards and Dodgers for Cubs?

zroid

Banned
It would be strange not having Buehrle but I can't argue against his absence.
Ideally for me, they don't keep him on the playoff roster, and he just sits in the dugout with the other cheerleaders. But it's possible he ends up being the "extra" guy. Either way I doubt he pitches.

I just think both Pillar and Goins are finally swinging the bat that Gibby should keep them out there, let Pompey ph or pr as a late inning sub.

Pillar is a bad hitter, that never changed. He swings at garbage. Recently he's gotten lucky and more of his garbage swings have resulted in hits. It reeeaaally won't make a difference if he gets an extra day or two off. I'd rather him nurse whatever bumps and bruises he has while we have the opportunity, and if we can get a look at Pompey in CF in the meantime, cool.

Malo

Banned
I need the twins to make it, I'd feel a lot more confident about the one game wild card if they did.

Ideally for me, they don't keep him on the playoff roster, and he just sits in the dugout with the other cheerleaders. But it's possible he ends up being the "extra" guy. Either way I doubt he pitches.

He would be a better reliever than Loup, Delebar or Hutch if any of them make it (i hope not)

zroid

Banned
He would be a better reliever than Loup, Delebar or Hutch if any of them make it (i hope not)

No, Buehrle is not a reliever. He is pretty much the exact opposite of what you want from a reliever!

Loup is a decent loogy. He should be on the roster, but used sparingly. Hutch might be ok as a reliever, he has the stuff for it, but I don't think this is the right time to put him in those situations since he's not really used to it.

No, Buehrle is not a reliever. He is pretty much the exact opposite of what you want from a reliever!

Loup is a decent loogy. He should be on the roster, but used sparingly. Hutch might be ok as a reliever, he has the stuff for it, but I don't think this is the right time to put him in those situations since he's not really used to it.

Okay lets just cut them all then. Cant deal with loop in the playoffs, too wild.

zroid

Banned
I mean I don't really want Loup there either but the only other lefty option is Jeff Francis, so...

we can't be rolling with Cecil as the only lefty in the pen, especially since he has the ability to shut down both lefties and righties. You should check out Hendriks' splits against lefties sometime, it's pretty ugly. like I said Loup should be there but used sparingly.

1 - 5 v Pirates
4 - 3 v Cubs
2 - 5 v Cards

0 - 7 v Cubs
0 - 6 v Pirates
3 - 4 v Cards

Cubs 11 - Pirates 8 (diff: Arrieta 3-0 v Pirates; Burnett took 2 L's, Caminero the other)
Cubs 8 - Cards 11
Cards 10 - Pirates 9

As a Dodger fan, I don't care who we face in the NLCS (if we make it past the spoooooooky Mest.) This team has something to prove in the postseason.

Beckx

As a Dodger fan, I don't care who we face in the NLCS (if we make it past the spoooooooky Mest.) This team has something to prove in the postseason.

Yeah. I've never had anything good happen when I hope one team beats another in the playoffs cause they'll be "easier" to face.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

1 - 5 v Pirates
4 - 3 v Cubs
2 - 5 v Cards

0 - 7 v Cubs
0 - 6 v Pirates
3 - 4 v Cards

Cubs 8 - Cards 11
Cards 10 - Pirates 9

Doesn't mean jack squat in the postseason, so anyone (for both teams).

zychi

Banned
Someone started a gofundme for Bartman to come to the playoffs.

Had to be a Cards or Pirates fan.

I say give him great seats that he can't reach over and grab the ball. Kill the negativity towards him, it wasnt his fault anyways. Prior, Wood, Alex Gonzalez were the problem

Harper and Scherzer invent a handshake called "the Papelbon"
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13791169&ex_cid=sportscenterTW&sf13718283=1

Grabbed 4 NLCS tickets for Game 1 and 2 in StL

Theyve been doing this for months man

Beckx

Both the Yankees and Mets games have been postponed. Both will hold a doubleheader on Saturday.

And could get rained out then too, I guess? Joaquin wreaking havoc on MLB's big simultaneous finish. Though I guess the latest is it's not making landfall.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm traveling to NYC tonight via bus from VA to meet a friend and see tomorrow night's Nats/Mets game. Joaquin better let up, goddamnit.

Beckx

Doesn't mean jack squat in the postseason

I don't think you'll find many Cubs or Pirates fans who believe that past performance is not predictive of the Arrieta matchup in the WC game. To believe otherwise is magical thinking. Cole is the element where hopefully the game can come down to one swing and hopefully that swing is Pedro putting a ball in the river off a reliever. (Assuming Bucs keep homefield.)

Happy to hear that Tulo will be back tonight. Hopefully he's feeling great and will continue to.

Bob McCowan raised a good point about Price's extra rest, but hopefully he'll be on point in the ALDS.

Everyone needs to learn to respect the game apparently. I'm just tired of everyone complaining about it.

Weird that no one cares that Papelbon didnt respect the game when he would grab his junk and curse all the time.
Come on, bro that was clearly a joke, I defended harpy when the shit went down.

Pillar is a bad hitter, that never changed. He swings at garbage. Recently he's gotten lucky and more of his garbage swings have resulted in hits. It reeeaaally won't make a difference if he gets an extra day or two off. I'd rather him nurse whatever bumps and bruises he has while we have the opportunity, and if we can get a look at Pompey in CF in the meantime, cool.
Not sure if Pompey is an upgrade at the plate though and Pompey wasn't reliable in CF when he was up. Lucky or not Pillar has been getting hits, that's all that matters.

As long as they cut Kawasaki/Tepera/Delabar/Schultz/Loup/Francis/Hague from the 25 man roster I think we're going to be OK, but then this is Gibby were talking about.

Not sure if Pompey is an upgrade at the plate though and Pompey wasn't reliable in CF when he was up. Lucky or not Pillar has been getting hits, that's all that matters.

As long as they cut Kawasaki/Tepera/Delabar/Schultz/Loup/Francis/Hague from the 25 man roster I think we're going to be OK, but then this is Gibby were talking about.

The second lefty thing is worrying, though.

I guess you'd take Buehrle over Loup in the bullpen? I don't know what's best there.

Top Bottom