• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
i could be wrong, but i don't think he really said that. they kind of manipulated the quote

Sort of but he mentions multiple can't miss
Cy7ZgRjWIAQdapt.jpg
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/805820533929611268

harSon

Banned

Maybe it's because I'm a Pirates fan, but I feel like half the fun of following a baseball team is watching a team progress outward from its farm system :(

I wonder what the Nats offer was to Harper.

They probably offered him some advice that he'd be more likely to get an offer from them if he strung together consecutive good seasons.

Malo

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm a Pirates fan, but I feel like half the fun of following a baseball team is watching a team progress outward from its farm system :(

They probably offered him some advice that he'd be more likely to get an offer from them if he strung together consecutive good seasons.
We will. We have arguably the best farm in MLB and we'll supplement it by going trying to sign those guys.

Also, how are you guys going to pay your players if we don't pay the luxury tax?

zulux21

Nats going to go all in on Sale
http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-nationals-stepping-efforts-sale-red-sox-interested/

White Sox want 4 can't miss prospects for Sale according to Reinsdorf

sounds good to me.

and 4 can't miss prospects likely means 1 good player down the line and 3 replacement level players so that seems about fair. (top 100 prospects are never sure things)

I am just hoping that if the trade is made that people feel the white sox hands down won.

Beckx

We will. We have arguably the best farm in MLB and we'll supplement it by going trying to sign those guys.

Also, how are you guys going to pay your players if we don't pay the luxury tax?

we got that on lockdown

we give them all away

no payroll, no problem

jbug617

Banned
Rumblings
#pirates ask of Robles & Giolito was rebuffed by Nats, who also wonder about McCutchen's possible skill decline, leadership
Rangers finding asking price for McCutchen very high...established starter and prospects
Rangers ongoing talks with Reds about Billy Hamilton...some say Phillies might be willing to deal Odubel Herrera

Friggz

Havent seen it mentioned here yet, but the yankees reahed out to the twins in regards to dozier.

curious what it would take to get him. maybe a package around severino? Move castro to third and trade headley ? or maybe just trade castro? who knows. But id take dozier over the both of them.

Havent seen it mentioned here yet, but the yankees reahed out to the twins in regards to dozier.

curious what it would take to get him. maybe a package around severino? Move castro to third and trade headley ? or maybe just trade castro? who knows. But id take dozier over the both of them.

Now that you mention it, I think Dozier to the Yanks makes more sense then Dozier to the Dodgers.

I'd say Severino would probably do the trick, but I don't know what the Twins want in regards to a good return.

Jerm411

I can't believe Glass is gonna gut us again....I can live with Cain or Wade being traded (reluctantly) but Duffy...? Fuck outta here.

I wonder how long until we start hearing Hosmer rumors....ugh....

Friggz

I can't believe Glass is gonna gut us again....I can live with Cain or Wade being traded (reluctantly) but Duffy...? Fuck outta here.

I wonder how long until we start hearing Hosmer rumors....ugh....

Hosmer kind of sucks though. He's made very little progress since being called up. Might as well trade him now

Malo

Banned
I love how teams dropped their panties for the Cubs years ago, giving prospects out the ass for half season rentals, but Cutch with 2 years of team control and a team friendly contract? Slow your roll bruh.
Cutch did suck this past season though.

jbug617

Banned
Boras denies this story but Nightengale reported that Boras/Harper asking Nats 10yrs/$400m
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yce-harper-contract-2018-free-agent/94999440/

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. - The Washington Nationals, balking at Bryce Harper’s demands in early talks about a long-term contract extension, now are preparing themselves to be without their All-Star outfielder after 2018, a high-ranking Nationals executive told USA TODAY Sports.

The executive spoke to USA TODAY Sports on Monday only on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

Harper, according to the executive, is asking for a record deal that will exceed 10 years in length, and likely pay him in excess of $400 million.

harSon

Banned
Cutch did suck this past season though.

True. But he was hobbled much of the first half of the season with nagging thumb/knee injuries and showed definite flashes of rebounding to his old self August onward. It's not like a 30 year old player who averaged 5.9 WAR over 6 seasons, and still has 2 years of team control at $14 million/year is going to come at a bargain.

@Ken_Rosenthal said:
Sources: #Mets, #Orioles talking. Orioles prefer Granderson to Bruce. Mets like reliever Brach.
Brach would be a nice addition. No way O's take on the entire salary for Grandy or Bruce.

Beckx

just realized Darvish is a FA after next season. it would be kinda cool to see two Fighters' aces on the same team if NYY could sign both Ohtani and Darvish.

The lack of posting limits in the NPB leads me to believe big name INTL free agents under 25 will go there to play for a few years with a handshake agreement in place to be posted when they've accrued enough value.

Buddy of mine was at the winter meetings, said the Mets are going to get a pretty surprisingly good package for Bruce, a lot of teams are interested.

Why, I have no idea.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
The Braves don't seem interested in actively pursuing a trade for a SP. A chance something will develop, but it seems unlikely.

hmmm

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
My interpretation: Sale talks never progressed beyond ask for Swanson. Archer still a possibility, but far from a probability.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://deadspin.com/phillies-pistachio-girl-fired-for-being-a-white-natio-1789696359

Emily Youcis, better known as “Pistachio Girl” at Philadelphia Phillies games, has been fired from her vendor job by Aramark, because she couldn’t stop supporting white nationalism online.

Pistachio Girl was known for her distinct singing as she hawked concessions, even after the park stopped selling pistachios.

Via Philly.com, Aramark released a statement explaining that Youcis was fired for “publicly connecting our company to views that contradict our values.”

Youcis appeared in a video of a Nov. 19 anti-fascism protest of white supremacist Richard Spencer’s National Policy Institute in Washington, D.C. She walked around with a microphone and asked if anyone wanted to have a discussion; a brief fight broke out near her but nothing else really happened. That probably had to do with her termination. It probably also had to do with how she tweets about the white race being threatened.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm surprised that the only thing we've heard from the Phillies is that they might move Odubel. They are being really patient, especially considering we can already see a good core coming together in the next couple years.

Edit: Oh I guess they signed Benoit today. Missed that. 1/$7.5

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
The Braves don't seem interested in actively pursuing a trade for a SP. A chance something will develop, but it seems unlikely.

hmmm

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
My interpretation: Sale talks never progressed beyond ask for Swanson. Archer still a possibility, but far from a probability.
Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom