• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Second half was a fluke. Kemp probably won't hit that well again. Inciarte was going crazy. Adonis Garcia was hitting way above his talent level. Hell, as good as Freddie is, it's pretty unlikely that he's as good as he hit in the second half. I'm gonna say he won't have a 200 wRC+ over an entire season. Tyler Flowers played way above his talent level in the second half. For some reason, every starter on the team except for Jace Peterson decided to start hitting like an all-star in the second half.

Don't let the second half fool you. This is still a bad team with some major holes on offense.
Seriously, half the starting roster is Flowers, Garcia, Kemp, and Markakis. Plus Peterson. But people think we should trade young position players for 3 years of Sale? When our best MiLB commodity is pitching? Hard nah.

Second half was a fluke. Kemp probably won't hit that well again. Inciarte was going crazy. Adonis Garcia was hitting way above his talent level. Hell, as good as Freddie is, it's pretty unlikely that he's as good as he hit in the second half. I'm gonna say he won't have a 200 wRC+ over an entire season. Tyler Flowers played way above his talent level in the second half. For some reason, every starter on the team except for Jace Peterson decided to start hitting like an all-star in the second half.

Don't let the second half fool you. This is still a bad team with some major holes on offense.

There's an old saying in baseball, my friend: Fool me once, shame on.........shame on you............................................fool me, you can't get fooled again!

TraBuch

Banned
Seriously, half the starting roster is Flowers, Garcia, Kemp, and Markakis. Plus Peterson. But people think we should trade young position players for 3 years of Sale? When our best MiLB commodity is pitching? Hard nah.
Trading some pitching, fine, I can understand, we have plenty of pitching talent in the farm system. But trading away a stud 19 year old 2B that's already dominated in AA when we have a serious lack of impact hitters in said farm system for a pitcher? Fuck that. Especially when 2B is our weakest position in a lineup filled with weak hitters.

gamz

Trading some pitching, fine, I can understand, we have plenty of pitching talent in the farm system. But trading away a stud 19 year old 2B that's already dominated in AA when we have a serious lack of impact hitters in said farm system for a pitcher? Fuck that. Especially when 2B is our weakest position in a lineup filled with weak hitters.

Agreed.

RBH

15380638_10154221807947831_4331798432762285841_n.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like I'm only ever in this thread when I'm bitching about Braves trades. Still annoyed about that shitty Alex Wood/Jose Peraza trade.

zulux21

I think you are confusing think and want in my case.
I want the braves to get screwed as I am a white sox fan. I don't think they should trade for sale lol.

The perfect trading partner for Sales would be the Cubs. Sox would never do it.

it's possible. The cubs and white sox have traded in the past, but it would require the cubs to put together a huge package.

I feel like I'm only ever in this thread when I'm bitching about Braves trades. Still annoyed about that shitty Alex Wood/Jose Peraza trade.

to be fair it's not like the braves have given you much else to talk about recently >.>

No one wants Edwing?

Kinzer has said that he expects Edwin to be signed by the Winter Meetings, and I agree. It seemed as once the looming threat of the CBA and a potential lockout came, it kind of put the brakes on somebody signing them.

That being said, I don't think Jose is going to be signed. He certainly won't be signed by the Jays, especially if they seem hellbent on getting Dexter Fowler.

Got a feeling we are going to see a LOT going down over the next few days.

Edwin will be first, and chances are he stays with the Jays and becomes the full time 1B now that Colabello has been tendered.

Jose isn't coming back unless the Jays don't get Fowler.

BFIB

Anyone want to do some predictions?

Here's mine:

1. Red Sox sign Edwin Encarnacion
3. Cubs package Soler in a trade for Chris Archer
3. Dodgers trade for Justin Verlander and resign Justin Turner
4. Nationals trade for McCutchen
5. Cardinals sign Fowler and package Luke Weaver and other prospects in a package for Evan Longoria

I, for one, welcome the return of our Yankee overlords.

But Selig can eat one the prick. Put all the juicers in now, voting Selig in says that MLB doesn't really care about PEDs at all.

Considering they just changed the design of their home and away uni's, not for a long time.

They change uniform designs every year. But they won't go brown and gold full time because they are a stupid, stupid organization.

Parch

But Selig can eat one the prick. Put all the juicers in now, voting Selig in says that MLB doesn't really care about PEDs at all.
Not just that, he should be in prison for what he did to the Montreal Expos.
Selig in the HOF is an insult to the game.

Malo

Banned
Jeff Passan

Potentially huge news from Sponichi: Nippon Ham is set to post Shohei Otani after this season.

Jeff Passan

Sources told Yahoo Sports this week that there are potential ways around the limit on spending for under-25 players like Shohei Otani.
oh my

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Anyone want to do some predictions?

Here's mine:

1. Red Sox sign Edwin Encarnacion
3. Cubs package Soler in a trade for Chris Archer
3. Dodgers trade for Justin Verlander and resign Justin Turner
4. Nationals trade for McCutchen
5. Cardinals sign Fowler and package Luke Weaver and other prospects in a package for Evan Longoria

The Astros trade for a pitcher.

Get out that checkbook, Crane.

Yaaaaaaaaas

Please don't.

He's the only good SP on the market, and the ones available via trade are going to go for a king's ransom. I'd be shocked if he settled for 3/$40 million. I always thought he'd get 3/$60 million (with maybe a buyout for the 3rd year) at a minimum.

i just have no faith whatsoever in him staying healthy/good for any decent amount of innings in one season, let alone 2 or 3. then again, he wouldn't have to pitch that many innings to earn 40+ million.

you're right though, i was looking at fangraphs crowdsourcing numbers and i probably underestimated what he'll get.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It’s possible the Astros will add an ace-caliber pitcher via trade this offseason, but it’s not going to come at the expense of 22-year-old infielder Alex Bregman. Astros executives are telling teams that there’s “no chance” Bregman will go anywhere, reports ESPN’s Buster Olney

Woo

BFIB

10000%

Just what are they gonna ask for?
It's going to cost a lot I'd imagine. Starts with Soler, after being denied Schwarber, Bryant, or Russell of course.

That's the Cards issue. Any trade starts with Reyes, and we don't have near as many pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom