• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington-Nationals-New-Uniform-Cap-Jersey-2017-590x539.jpg

New Nats alts. Replaces the navy blue Stars and Stripes W that they had before.

BFIB

Can't say I'm surprised Espinosa was traded. Made some pretty blatant comments that he was not happy taking a bench role.

Danny Espinosa complains about not being starting SS for Nats, gets traded to team with Andrelton Simmons :lol

Simmons definitely getting traded, right?
pls cardinals

Danny Espinosa sure did a whole lot of bitching for someone who was so mediocre.

Remember when the Nats were going to trade him, J. Zimmermann, and Lombardozzi to the Royals for Greinke?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Espinosa still has 80 grade facial hair though. Still mad the nationals replaced his spring training photo with his crazy mustache early in the season.
I would guess he's gonna play 2B for them.
That will be an excellent double play combo.

Being traded to the Angels is a proper punishment.

Yeah, living in sunny socal, with a sweet pad in Newport Beach where you can just play baseball without the media or fans giving you shit for anything and play with the best player of the generation. Yeah, sounds terrible. What a punishment.

Please.

Yeah, living in sunny socal, with a sweet pad in Newport Beach where you can just play baseball without the media or fans giving you shit for anything and play with the best player of the generation. Yeah, sounds terrible. What a punishment.

Please.

you say this because you are a fan of a team that is the complete total opposite of this, right?

zulux21

Red Sox asked the Marlins for Luis Castillo for Buchholz. Marlins said no and they don't want to pay Buchholz contract.

I didn't know some fan was running the team.

why in the hell would the marlins trade a promising pitching prospect for a replacement level player owed 13.5mil next season lol.

You'll have to submit the proper paperwork.

Dear Honored Members of MLBGAF:

I hereby submit my application to switch my recognized team allegiance from the Oakland Athletics to the San Diego Padres.

I wish to do so due to the following factors:

1) A recent move has placed me within a reasonable range to which I may attend San Diego Padre games in person on a regular basis.

2) San Diego, and in particular Petco Park, has far better breadth and depth of beer than the Oakland area.

3) No dugout at Petco Park has ever filled with feces.

4) The Swinging Friar is an underrated mascot.

5) Due to their unbelievable sucktitude, matched only by that of the Athletics, I gain no feeling good about my team advantage. The misery index remains on par or worse with said move.

6) Tony Gwynn was a boss and I already own one of his jerseys and a brown and gold Padre lid.

7) Queso is a spanish word, so is Padres.

8) Fish Tacos are great.

I understand this is a drastic measure, and I do not take it on lightly. With this move I realize I shall have to be more antagonistic to DodgerGAF, and less so to JaysGAF. I know that DodgerGAF has no f's to give regarding this fact, and will only find me an amusing annoyance, much like the Padres themselves.

Therefore, from this day hence, I submit myself as a fan of the San Diego Padres, with all misery and humiliation subject thereto.

Sincerely,

CosmicQueso, Padre Fan

zulux21

this reminds me... I need to pick out a new team to root for.

I will enjoy watching the white sox develop, but after they make a few more moves they won't have a chance next year at all.

hmmmm.

AL short list
O's
texas
astros

NL short list
Mets
Pirates
nats

I suppose it will depend where my favorite players go. I am leaning towards the mets right now though as they were fun to watch last year.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Well you also need to fill out an Allegiance Rescinding A2 form, the Team Declaration Schedule 14, submit a valid piece of government-issued Photo ID, and include two (2) references from current Padres fans.

BFIB

this reminds me... I need to pick out a new team to root for.

I will enjoy watching the white sox develop, but after they make a few more moves they won't have a chance next year at all.

hmmmm.

AL short list
O's
texas
astros

NL short list
Mets
Pirates
nats

I suppose it will depend where my favorite players go. I am leaning towards the mets right now though as they were fun to watch last year.

How about the Cardinals? The underdogs!

RBH

I hereby submit my application to switch my recognized team allegiance from the Oakland Athletics to the San Diego Padres.

I wish to do so due to the following factors:

1) A recent move has placed me within a reasonable range to which I may attend San Diego Padre games in person on a regular basis.

2) San Diego, and in particular Petco Park, has far better breadth and depth of beer than the Oakland area.

3) No dugout at Petco Park has ever filled with feces.

4) The Swinging Friar is an underrated mascot.

5) Due to their unbelievable sucktitude, matched only by that of the Athletics, I gain no feeling good about my team advantage. The misery index remains on par or worse with said move.

6) Tony Gwynn was a boss and I already own one of his jerseys and a brown and gold Padre lid.

7) Queso is a spanish word, so is Padres.

8) Fish Tacos are great.

I understand this is a drastic measure, and I do not take it on lightly. With this move I realize I shall have to be more antagonistic to DodgerGAF, and less so to JaysGAF. I know that DodgerGAF has no f's to give regarding this fact, and will only find me an amusing annoyance, much like the Padres themselves.

Therefore, from this day hence, I submit myself as a fan of the San Diego Padres, with all misery and humiliation subject thereto.

Sincerely,

CosmicQueso, Padre Fan
Amazing :lol

Mortemis

Banned
Well you also need to fill out an Allegiance Rescinding A2 form, the Team Declaration Schedule 14, submit a valid piece of government-issued Photo ID, and include two (2) references from current Padres fans.

gonna need the MLB-GAF board to approve it with a 2/3 vote too.

Speaking about the MLB-GAF board, we ever gonna go through with the notion of banning ketchup from the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom