• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Early schedule for Sunday Night Baseball:

mye7NGk.jpg

Oh, Edwin.

Jays offer 4/80. He says no, because and his agent think the Red Sox and Yankees are coming with better deals.

Jays sign Morales and Pearce, Edwin and his agent are surprised, "We never had any idea the Jays were going to move that fast." Pardon?

No big deals from the ALE big money clubs come forth. In total, 6 offers are made, most of them for 3 years.

zulux21

sounds like there may be a crazy three way trade in the works with Cutch going to the Mets, Quintana to the Pirates, and prospects to the White Sox.
I have been reading the pirates are hard after quintana and since the pirates are wanting to move Cutch and not a lot of prospects it would make sense to get another team involved as the white sox should be getting as much for Quintana as they did for sale without a doubt. (extra year of control, slightly worse pitcher at worse)

Please Jebus no. Anyone but the Sox.

what's wrong with the white sox getting some more prospects?

If they make a win now trade like dealing for Quintana would be, I'm pretty sure McCutchen stays in Pittsburgh.

eh... they seem to have decent outfielders to take his place... their rotation is far less sure.

zulux21

Nothing. But considering how much they been getting, I don't want the Mets to fall into that pitfall lol.

the white sox still have a lot more prospects to get this offseason.

even if they don't trade quintana, they should get an okay return for nate jones, david robertson, todd fraiser.

beyond that though, you have to give up a lot to get a high quality starter.
and quintana is a high quality starter.

Quintana would be a huge get for the Bucs if they dont have to give up much more than Cutch. I'd put them above the Cards in the Central if they did and found a stopgap for the outfield while waiting for Meadows, IMO

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
the white sox still have a lot more prospects to get this offseason.

even if they don't trade quintana, they should get an okay return for nate jones, david robertson, todd fraiser.

beyond that though, you have to give up a lot to get a high quality starter.
and quintana is a high quality starter.

I have nothing against the Sox getting prospects. They have been killing it this offseason. But considering what teams have given up to them, you can understand why I wouldn't want the Mets to be connected to them lol.

zulux21

I have nothing against the Sox getting prospects. They have been killing it this offseason. But considering what teams have given up to them, you can understand why I wouldn't want the Mets to be connected to them lol.

yeah fair enough :p

though the mets farm should would look nice in black and white :p

Apparently there is a conspiracy theory on /r/bluejays that Jays management is the ones that turned the public's perception on Bautista around to the negative aspects that it is now? lol

Apparently there is a conspiracy theory on /r/bluejays that Jays management is the ones that turned the public's perception on Bautista around to the negative aspects that it is now? lol

Bautista is a guilty pleasure of mine but he says dumb shit. There is no way around it. He does it to himself.

2 months until pitchers and catchers report.

2 1/2 months until I'm having beers in Arizona, watching my San Diego Padres prepare for the 2017 season.

13 or so weeks until opening day!

13 or so weeks and one day until I lose all hope for the season.

Sweet!

BFIB

2 months until pitchers and catchers report.

2 1/2 months until I'm having beers in Arizona, watching my San Diego Padres prepare for the 2017 season.

13 or so weeks until opening day!

13 or so weeks and one day until I lose all hope for the season.

Sweet!

Its cool that you are essentially Padres-GAF now. That's one way to upgrade your ballpark entertainment.

Mortemis

Banned
Gonna be in Phoenix during march for a bit. May check out some spring training games when I'm there.

And the Dodgers. And the Angels. And the Yankees. And any other visiting club with the exception of the Rockies, because who cares.

It was crazy watching that mariners comeback against the padres at petco, never seen a crowd cheer for the Ms away.

Gimmie a sec to shill here.

I got my Christmas gift today, and I'm very happy with it.

Found out about Ebbets Field Flannels from a friend of mine, and they are without a doubt an awesome company. Full reproductions of old defunct minor league team jerseys, alongside Latin American and Japanese jerseys as well.

Everything about this jersey is expertly crafted, no cop-out bullshit. The letters and number on the back is sewn on, not printed, and the entire jersey is made out of a very breathable wool that looks great and period-specific too.

If you are looking for a unique and period authentic baseball jersey, hat, hell even old school hockey and football sweaters, you are hard pressed to find something that comes even close to the quality that Ebbets Field Flannels has. In my mind, it destroys even the best that come out of authentic, MLB jerseys from Majestic.

Their site. They also have a physical store in Seattle, where they make the jerseys on site as well, so it is completely, 100% American made, and it shows.

Beckx

Memos from the L.O.L. Dept:

Jonny Gomes, who just fucking gave up after going to Japan, sucking, getting benched, getting sent to the farm, and then fleeing the country claiming to be lonely, wants to play ball again in 2017.

Gonna be in Phoenix during march for a bit. May check out some spring training games when I'm there.

It was crazy watching that mariners comeback against the padres at petco, never seen a crowd cheer for the Ms away.

Peoria (which the Ms and Pads share) has been undergoing renovations the last two years that are now complete. Will be a very nice yard, as are Glendale and Goodyear which are both very close.

Beckx

omg

Bucs spend real money on a pitcher

re-signed Ivan Nova for 3 years / 26M

(real money by Pirates standards. this deal would be a steal given market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom