• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://twitter.com/alexweprin/status/821388915252793344

Alex Weprin Verified account
‏@alexweprin

Today in news I did not expect: former Yankees star Alex Rodriguez has been tapped to host a pilot on CNBC, " Back in the Game"

8:09 AM - 17 Jan 2017

C2Yo1OmWgAI0z4v.jpg

Cards have one for Yadi for next season.

Interesting.

I imagine it must be much easier for both sides to just say "yeah sure" when it comes to that mutual option year instead of having to go through all the paperwork and hassle if a potential agreement isn't already in place?

Still, weird concept.

Hall of Fame announcements are tonight.

Who else is excited?

#BagwellForHOF

I am. HOF voting always kicks off baseball coming back to me.

If Raines doesn't get in we should riot. If both Vlad and Raines get in on the same ballot I may have to go to the induction.

Beckx

Namco releasing a new Famista in April. Includes a cool retro mode. Also includes the Japan Women's Baseball League teams.

3DS only, which means region lock. Region free switch can't get here fast enough.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I am. HOF voting always kicks off baseball coming back to me.

If Raines doesn't get in we should riot. If both Vlad and Raines get in on the same ballot I may have to go to the induction.

According to that tracker, Bags and Rock are at 88% of the ballots and Vlad is at 71.8, a little shy of getting in. Pudge is at 78.8%

But this is just those who made their ballots public and isn't 100%.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I think it's been long enough. Just put Clemens and Bonds in.
Considering they allowed Bud Selig in, the man that set the rules. I'd agree. Just let the players in on performance.

Off the top of my head i would let in:

Bonds
Clemens
Raines
Bagwell
Edgar
Manny
Mussina
Ivan
Posada
Walker
Schilling

And i guess the crime dog, but he is borderline to me. (And maybe sheffield)

So Jose is officially staying in Toronto.

He gets 18 million in the first year, a mutual option for 2018 for 17 mill, or a $500k buyout. And a vesting option for 2019 for $20 million, and no one knows what the vesting portion is yet.

Edit: Vesting option is 300 games played over 17-18. But honestly I don't see them picking up the option.

Lexxism

And a vesting option for 2019 for $20 million, and no one knows what the vesting portion is yet.
Bautista:18M in '17. 17M mutual option in '18, 500K buyout. 20M vesting option in '19 w/300G in 17-18 and healthy

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 18, 2017

Bautista also has attendance bonuses. 150K for 3.5M, 3.6M, 3.7M, 3.8M, 3.9M, 4M attendance. 900K per yer possible. #jays

Malo

Banned
Moose should get in a couple of years. Damn shame that Hoffman is going to get in before him, Bonds, Clemens and Martinez.

Jorge Posada off the ballot after failing to meet the 5% threshold.

Speaking of Core 4 players:I don't know what the greater injustice is, the fact that Bonds is not yet in the Hall or the fact that Jeter will probably be the first unanimous election and not Griffey Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom