• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friggz

even though i think posada is the textbook definition of borderline hall of famer, he certainly deserved to be more than 1 and done.

Posada one and done. Ouch. Not a HOFer in my book but only 3.8%? Oof. Kent being so low is strange too.

Chipper, Thome, Vlad, Bonds, Clemens, Trevor next year woop. Will be a massive class.

Hopefully Edgar keeps moving up.

Friggz

Posada one and done. Ouch. Not a HOFer in my book but only 3.8%? Oof. Kent being so low is strange too.

Chipper, Thome, Vlad, Bonds, Clemens, Trevor next year woop. Will be a massive class.

Hopefully Edgar keeps moving up.

Man it will be a shame if Hoffman gets in. Waste of a spot

Malo

Banned
Schilling is arguing with a fake account on twitter
MCPERsH.jpg

:jnc

clemenx

Banned
Sooooooo if K-Rod manages to be a borderline acceptable closer in his 40s and drags himself to 700 saves or something does he get in?

Hoffman getting in sets a lame precedent. Sure, that kind of longevity is very cool. But not HOF material if it didn't come with dominance.

rekameohs

Banned
Dang, Vlad almost made it in on the first ballot. He's one of my favorite players ever.

lol @ Schilling. He totally deserved a Hall spot based on merit, but uh.....whoops

zulux21

Sooooooo if K-Rod manages to be a borderline acceptable closer in his 40s and drags himself to 700 saves or something does he get in?

Hoffman getting in sets a lame precedent. Sure, that kind of longevity is very cool. But not HOF material if it didn't come with dominance.

I would imagine he does. I mean hoffman is likely getting in because he was the all time saves leader for a while until raveria took over.

Parch

Vlad should have been first ballot, and Raines is overdue. Finally he is getting recognized. Analytics helped get Raines in the HOF. A different look at the stats made people realize just how valuable he was.

Parch

Good that Batista is back to help salvage the offseason. Once again it's rumored that he took less money because he really wanted to remain a Blue Jay. Encarnacion really wanted to remain a Jay as well, but the team screwed up and prevented that from happening. At least the Batista deal got done even if it isn't the best case scenario. It's 2 AM and the only girl left in the bar is your ex-girlfriend, so you look at each other and say what the hell.

Bottom line is the Jays have lost SP, they lost RP, and the parrot flew away. They have to get at least one reliever and backup catcher for there to be any optimism for next season.

Chris R

Raiders to Vegas?

Tear the Colosseum down already, make the A's play in high school stadium until something good replaces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom