• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

Nippon Ham Fighters' Arizona camp starts in two weeks.

probably going to be a madhouse with scouts and not to mention all the assholes trying to get Ohtani autographs to ebay. he may sit out some of the practice games though.

wish i could go. :(

Nakata won't be there but Arihara will be, would be cool to watch him pitch in person.

Nippon Ham Fighters' Arizona camp starts in two weeks.

probably going to be a madhouse with scouts and not to mention all the assholes trying to get Ohtani autographs to ebay. he may sit out some of the practice games though.

wish i could go. :(

Nakata won't be there but Arihara will be, would be cool to watch him pitch in person.

I'm half tempted to vacation to see Arihara and Otani.

y1oZTqy.gif
Giants-GAF starting the year off with Civil War!

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FOR THE FIRST TIME, NBC SPORTS REGIONAL NETWORKS ADD LIVE, LOCAL MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL STREAMING

NBC Sports Regional Networks Now Offer Authenticated Subscribers Access to Stream Their MLB Teams, on Multiple Platforms, at No Additional Cost

Deal Includes Games of the Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Philadelphia Phillies, Oakland Athletics and San Francisco Giants, Including Pre- and Postgame Shows

STAMFORD, Conn. – January 19, 2017 – NBC Sports Regional Networks today announced an agreement with MLBAM to stream local market MLB games, as well as pre- and postgame shows, beginning with the 2017 regular season. This new streaming offering is available at no additional cost to authenticated pay TV subscribers of NBC Sports Group’s CSN regional sports networks (RSNs). This local initiative advances NBCUniversal’s implementation of “TV Everywhere,” which strives to make quality content available to authenticated customers both in and out of the home, and on multiple platforms.

CSN’s local streaming allows authenticated viewers in their respective markets to live stream games and related programming that is carried by their pay TV provider of the Chicago Cubs (CSN Chicago), Chicago White Sox (CSN Chicago), Philadelphia Phillies (CSN Philadelphia), Oakland Athletics (CSN California) and San Francisco Giants (CSN Bay Area). Game broadcast schedules will be announced at a later date.

“This is a home run for our local sports fans,” said David Preschlack, President, NBC Sports Regional Networks, and NBC Sports Group Platform and Content Strategy. “We are constantly looking for ways to better serve our fans and provide comprehensive coverage of their favorite teams. With the addition of MLB in-market streaming rights, they don’t have to miss a pitch.”

The addition of MLB authenticated in-market streaming completes the local streaming portfolio for the NBC Sports Regional Networks, which also includes local NBA and NHL live streaming. The RSNs first introduced NBA streaming in 2014 and last fall announced the addition of NHL in-market streaming, beginning with the 2016-17 season.

The NBC Sports Regional Networks now have partnerships for in-market streaming of the Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, San Jose Sharks, San Francisco Giants and Oakland A’s (CSN Bay Area/CSN California); Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox (CSN Chicago); Washington Wizards and Washington Capitals (CSN Mid-Atlantic); Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia Phillies (CSN Philadelphia); and Boston Celtics (CSN New England).

Authenticated CSN subscribers can access live MLB, NBA and NHL games, as well as other sports programming, anywhere in the United States. During the 2017 MLB season, all in-market MLB games will be streamed on the respective local CSN regional network site on PCs as well as on the NBC Sports app—NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets and connected TVs. The NBC Sports app is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire.

About NBC Sports Regional Networks

NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 43 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN New England, CSN Philadelphia, TCN, CSN Mid-Atlantic and SNY; and CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago and CSN Northwest. For additional information, visit comcastsportsnet.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.

Hope I can watch Giants games with my parents cable account :eek:

That's not a bad deal for him then. He likely would have had to wait until what like June to sign if nobody wanted to give up a draft pick? For Baltimore that's about what he's worth, if not a tiny bit of an overpay (i don't expect him to age well at all).

Josh Johnson is retiring. He had signed a minor league deal with the Giants but has chosen to retire at age 32.

Johnson hasn't pitched in the Majors since 2013. He is currently recovering from his third Tommy John surgery.

Jonesing so bad for baseball today I'm watching Tom Seaver's no hitter against the Cardinals in '78.

Everyone's really skinny, Seaver was filthy, AstroTurf was an abomination. Dave Concepcion made some great plays, Griffey has a monster year that year and there were so many druggies in this game.

Wonder where the Cubs are ranked. Hopefully top 15. I am going to go out on a limb and say Eloy Jimenez is a consensus top 5 prospect at the end of the season.

18. Says Eloy is a very high end hitting prospect. Doesn't mention any other prospects by name but says we have some midlevel starting pitching depth coming and one potential ace if the guy can stay healthy. Not bad for a team in contention.

Keith Law loves low level prospects with high ceilings and doesn't like systems that are more pitching heavy. I think his rankings are interesting but I prefer BA's approach based on a consenus.

Malo

Banned
Keith Law loves low level prospects with high ceilings and doesn't like systems that are more pitching heavy. I think his rankings are interesting but I prefer BA's approach based on a consenus.
He ranked the braves ahead of us due to their pitching.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Former Major Leaguer Andy Marte died in a car crash. Always heard his name growing up as a huge prospect.
Yeah one of the braves top prospects back in the day. Sad. Lots of players have had nice things to say about him on Twitter. This one stuck out:
Manny Acta said:
So sad, without a doubt Andy Marte was one of the nicest human being to ever put a baseball uniform on. RIP #Indians #Aguilas

Now being widely reported that Yordano Ventura was also killed in a car accident in the DR this morning.

WTF

EDIT: Haven't seen any of the regular insiders independently confirm this yet so I'm going to hope and pray it's just a terrible bit of fake news.

HBP

Now being widely reported that Yordano Ventura was also killed in a car accident in the DR this morning.

WTF

EDIT: Haven't seen any of the regular insiders independently confirm this yet so I'm going to hope and pray it's just a terrible bit of fake news.

Huge Royals fan, I have no words

Friggz

How fuckin bad are the roads in the Dominican. Are there no lights and pavement? This makes me angry becuase it seems to have been avoidable.

kris.

Banned
dude was like the most frustrating person on the planet at some points but i still loved him. what a weird day it's been already. i've been on the verge of tears for the past hour.

Alright this is what is going on in DR and the baseball players. The players go down there and drink heavy during the off-season and do prepare themselves for spring training all at the same time. In DR nobody respects the rule of driving drunk period! They have little regards to the effects it can cause. Also the roads in DR are very small typically just one lane on each side of the road including routes and some highways. The roads are in very bad shape and a lot of drivers pass over to the opposite road to go pass the car in front of them who they feel is going too slow. These highways and routes barely have lights some have pavement markings and cars especially trucks tend to use high beams which can blind you temporarily. So what happens is that these players get hammered drunk, decide to get to their destination as soon as they could and with all these conditions being applied is how these accidents happen. And unfortunately it will continue to happen with these young players 😞 Andy Marte was actually a cousin of an ex-girlfriend of mine. So sad for the baseball-world.

In regards to the above post about drinking in the DR, this seems like an appropriate time for MLB to consider taking a louder and more visible stance against driving under the influence. Both here and in the places these players call home. This is what, four players now in the past two years? This is as good a time as any to make a public show about the issue.

BFIB

In regards to the above post about drinking in the DR, this seems like an appropriate time for MLB to consider taking a louder and more visible stance against driving under the influence. Both here and in the places these players call home. This is what, four players now in the past two years? This is as good a time as any to make a public show about the issue.

Problem is, isn't the legal drinking age 18 in the DR? There's no way for the MLB clubs to force them to not drink when they are in their home country.

Problem is, isn't the legal drinking age 18 in the DR? There's no way for the MLB clubs to force them to not drink when they are in their home country.
Obviously they can drink all they want. I'm sure most of were drinking around 18. The problem is driving and drinking, and I feel like MLB could say something about substance abuse. We have plenty of other "days" for causes in baseball, what's one more to be slate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom