• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Stanton just did.

7q5czWc.gif

zulux21

hopefully this was the game that gets danks out of the rotation.
Danks currently is 0-4
white sox have a total of 7 losses on the season.

danks have given up 18 runs in 22.1 innings
white sox have given up 58 runs in 205 innings meaning danks has given up around 30% of the team runs in 10% of the total pitching.

without counting danks the rest of the white sox have given up 40 runs over 182.2 innings. or a 1.97 team era.

from the start I was hoping danks would be long relief this year.
the white sox brought up johnson for a bit but didn't even give him a shot, instead calling up a different player to make a spot start poorly. hopefully they bring him back up and give him a few stars as his 3.5 era that we have seen in the majors last year and in the minors so far would be great for a 5th starter.

if not I guess I will just continue to hope that games that danks starts he gets lit up as if the white sox don't want to give one of their younger players a shot to get mlb exp in the 5th slot even though they have plenty of good looking young pitchers, they can just trade for a 5th starter as long as the rest of the team doesn't fall apart.

for the record, tonight's loss was expected, the series really starts tomorrow with BAL and should be fun.

Line_HTX

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Marlins 2B and defending NL batting champion Dee Gordon tested positive for Testosterone and Clostebol, according to MLB. Out for 80 games.

Goddamn... What is Clostebol? Did Dee have Low-T or something?

Marlins 2B and defending NL batting champion Dee Gordon tested positive for Testosterone and Clostebol, according to MLB. Out for 80 games.

dee.gif

this dude weighs like 120 lbs. And people still think they can tell who is juicing by looking.

Clostebol is apparently a synthetic anabolic steroid that doesn't give you estrogen. A quick google search shows that body builders don't like it because it provides low gains.

You can also get it accidentally from sex:

http://www.clinchem.org/content/50/2/456.full

Other random stuff:

You also lose some of testosterone’s activity due to binding to SHBG. Chlorotestosterone binds much more weakly to SHBG than testosterone does. This makes clostebol a very good choice as an anabolic as can be seen from the anabolic to androgenic ratio. This steroid was marketed with an acetate ester requiring daily injections. It is surprising that chlorotestosterone is not used more often but this is probably due to the fact that this steroid does not offer instant gratification in the form of “bloat”. A longer ester would make this steroid much more attractive.

Seems like its something you have to use A LOT to get consistent effects.

This says its good for building lean mass: https://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/megagrisevit-mono-clostebol-acetate

dee.gif

this dude weighs like 120 lbs. And people still think they can tell who is juicing by looking.

Proof that the whole "Bonds got super jacked" thing is BS.

I mean Bonds was roided out of his skull don't get me wrong but you're 100% right, body size has nothing to do with it. Maybe people will FINALLY learn that.

i mean lance armstrong used roids and he hardly looked like barry bonds

but barrys transformation was humongous.. his head look like ken griffey jr. in that simpsons episode

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Trade the entire team. Nice Guy Jeff Francoeur for Team Cancer Jose Fernandez
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 3m3 minutes ago
Dee Gordon suspended 80 games for PEDs
Do PEDs, get large contact. Get Caught. Rinse and Repeat.

only way this stops is if the player's union agrees to contacts being voided when people get caught.

Barry Bonds coaching tip:
"Dee Dee, I was a cream guy myself, but you also for the needle. Stick that mother on that left butt cheek and you good to go!"

rando14

Don't you guys remember? When Dee first came up he was RAIL thin, like even skinnier than before. All he could do was run.

Then he had an amazing season/offseason and he looked like this:

Tpvyx9b.jpg

Ever since, well, you know the rest

I had my suspicions :/

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

BigAT

Weird that every guy that has gotten caught did so because of something he unknowingly took. What a crazy coincidence.

Top Bottom