• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Damn Bautista got wrecked. Good.

Idk about other Rangers fans but I don't even give a shit about losing that series last season. After that terrible start and all the injuries, they were playing with house money in my book.

zulux21

Yankees win! They've now won 3 series in a row.

Zulux, how's that sweep going for you?

great in my alternate reality I have substituted :p

anyways apparently the white sox are like 2-11 at yankee stadium the last few years, they always kill the yankees at home so I will just have to wait for that.

worst case the yankees beat up the white sox again and the white sox at least won't have to see them in the playoffs :p

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
"Maybe we'll come out wearing dresses tomorrow," Gibbons said.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Sask and Chewie sporting dresses, it seems

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Py8OQGs.jpg

Donaldson went in for round two.
can we have our right fielder back yet, barves?
Yes, we will pay for the ticket.

which barely if at all touched odor

Barely touched him because he just got his knee out of the way. That's the type of slide that can end careers. There is a reason that the umps immediately ruled a double play. It was a super obvious dirty slide.

Did you not see him get drilled by "I'm Matt Fucking Bush"? I'm not saying Bautista is innocent in this incident, but it was about way more than his late slide.

Matt Bush: also human trash. I hope even Ranger fans can admit this.

I did see him get drilled. People get drilled in baseball often. I don't really like the macho beanball culture in baseball, but how often do you see someone who got beaned go and try to tear the second baseman's ACL?

On the subject of Matt Bush, it's wait and see. Dude has an illness and served his time. He will either turn it around or not, but beaning a dude who has been jawing about balls and strikes all series is not a super out of the line move. I don't think he should have done it, but it's not beyond the pale for baseball. If he had headhunted, that would be different.

It feels like Gibbon's should be suspended for 3 games for coming back on the field, Bautista should get 5 for that slide, and Odor should get 35 or so.

Did you not see him get drilled by "I'm Matt Fucking Bush"? I'm not saying Bautista is innocent in this incident, but it was about way more than his late slide.

This is the lamest excuse. Come on. "Yeah the pitcher hit me so I'm going to destroy the 2B knee".

Because that seems fair.

People are reaaaaaally grasping at straws about Odor wanting to hit him in the face thing.

He's twisting his body to get his knee out of the way. Seems really hard to attach any intention on that. Especially since later he has an opportunity to cheap shot Bautista and doesn't. He shoves Bautista and waits for Bautista to engage before he swings.

Barely touched him because he just got his knee out of the way. That's the type of slide that can end careers. There is a reason that the umps immediately ruled a double play. It was a super obvious dirty slide.

if you actually looked at the play instead of seeing what you want to see , if he was hit it would have just have knocked him down, he would not have been hurt in any meaningful way

Parch

It's not about the slide. It's Rangers all butt hurt about the bat flip last year. Bad losers thinking a bat flip is some sort of major insult so they attack Batista with bean balls and punches.

Matt Bush: also human trash. I hope even Ranger fans can admit this.

So Matt Bush has indeed been human trash. He's had a long battle with addiction, found the bottom, worked his way back up thanks to the efforts and willingness of the Rangers. Hopefully he's found the right path and will become a better person.

What's Joey Bats' excuse?

So if Batista does not try that takeout slide, Odor still shoves him?

Here's a hint to the Bautista backers: The answer is "no".

So if Batista isn't intentionally plunked in the ribs, he wouldn't be pissed about it.

How many people get plunked every year? How many of those respond by trying to blow out a second baseman's knee?

i see no way that odor would have been injured, you are just seeing what you want to see,

This is what it looks like when a dude slides into a fielder's knee...

If there was no way that Odor could have been injured, why is it an illegal slide?

Top Bottom