• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

and clearly by your example, the bautista slide was no where close to being a attempt to injure, the bautista slide was a just late slide

it doesn't have to be an attempt to injure in order to be a dick or instigation move. I'm sure when most pitchers plunk a guy they aren't trying to injure him either. Bautista clearly slid late to try and send whatever message he wanted to send. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he got chin checked for it. There's no reason to dwell on things like this.

cashman

Banned
I'm sure Matt Bush really wanted to hit Bautista in order to face Edwin Encarnacion as the go ahead run in his second ever major league appearance.

359 batters hit by a pitch this year. 1 batter hit by pitch tried to end the career of the middle infielder on the opposing team.

051516-mlb-blue-jays-rangers-fight-brawl5.jpg

LOL! end his career! hahhaa

That was almost a legal slide THIS year and certainly a legal and good slide the past 100 years.

People are reaaaaaally grasping at straws about Odor wanting to hit him in the face thing.

Life long Jay's fan here and I agree with this. Hard slides happen, fights occur because of them. Both players play hard and things like this will continue to happen. If that upsets you maybe golf is more your speed.

LOL! end his career! hahhaa

That was almost a legal slide THIS year and certainly a legal and good slide the past 100 years.

"Almost"?

Even Dodger fans were willing to call a dirty slide a dirty slide last year. But not Jays fans. Because of persecution or something. Continue to Jay Fan, Jays fans.

Lol "almost".

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
If Odor slid late and broke a dude's ankle, fuck him.

If Odor punched a guy for no reason, unprovoked, fuck him.

There was an aggressor prior, and that aggression got equally served.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Jays fans be wearing dresses in this thread.

Bowflex

but gee, you sure aren't being the shithead in this thread, constantly poking and goading Jays fans and flirting with a ban, right?

poking and goading the poor babies in dresses? Or poking the shithead Bautista in the face?

Line_HTX

c96dfa633e.png

But seriously baseball needs a third-man in rule so you don't get all the nonsense with them hopping around and such, let them settle it in a fight cleanly instead of all the scrum silliness

OK, I laughed. Those chanting Rangers fans were kind of lol.

3rd man rule? Like how they do it in hockey?

Bowflex

The same about Roogie's punch could be said likewise, couldn't it?

Bowflex

You've said I'll be banned twice rather suggestively.

Really I'm only quoting your manager though, and mirroring insults back.

I'm done with you. Enjoy the probable ban you'll be getting.

Sounds like familiar sentiments...

GettyImages-531650016.0.jpg

Bowflex

That everybody is ignorant about shit.

Oh, existentially? Human beings are essentially insects in the cosmic macro perspective? Sure, I agree. It just seemed a little....more pointed... than that...

Look at this thread

Fighting over Joey 'Pay me till I'm 80' Bautista

Breaks my heart it does

It'd be nice if this incident got the Jays heads out of their collective asses, but this has the stink of a season of futility.

Bowflex

did that really need to be said tho

edit: Bowflex what # beer are you on now just curious not judging

finished my 12th michelob ultra an hour ago. Uber props for detection, though i'm pretty wacky on neogaf even sober.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Oh, existentially? Human beings are essentially insects in the cosmic macro perspective? Sure, I agree. It just seemed a little....more pointed... than that...

I just dislike seeing ignorance pigeonholed into a specific personality type when, really, it's a fact of life for everyone.

Top Bottom