• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Fuckin bases loaded, nobody out. Nothing. Fml

And the Fox director had a massive boner for Jose Fernandez and now I really hate him.

zulux21

I would say I am surprised to see the white sox continue losing.

but the white sox could be 100-0 on the season and KC be 0-100 and I would still expect KC to take at least 2 if not sweep a 3 game series.

No idea why I was thinking about this, but considering Adrian Beltre will probably wear a Texas cap into the HoF, can you think of any other HoF caliber players who played for 3 or more teams and had their best years with the last team they played for?

I mean there are a shitload of pitchers who meet your criteria.

Finding position players is a little more difficult.

You probably right, pitchers seem to move around more. And Schilling's Zona years were his 3rd team. It's just seems rare. Most of the time when you think of stars of HoF'ers who jump from team to team those last years are better off forgotten, like Junior with the White Sox.

I must be watching the Padres telecast of this LA/SD game because they just gave Matt Kemp all star consideration.

rekameohs

Banned
No idea why I was thinking about this, but considering Adrian Beltre will probably wear a Texas cap into the HoF, can you think of any other HoF caliber players who played for 3 or more teams and had their best years with the last team they played for?

Beltre's best year was '04 with the Dodgers. But he is best as a Ranger, definitely. A-Rod's best couple of years were with the Rangers, but he sure did a lot of good things for his third team. Probably not the best example since he was so young when he went to the Yankees and he has fizzled out, but I can't really think of any.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Is MLB-GAF hiring for a professional gif maker? Might be going on strike here in the upcoming weeks/months. Need that extra dollar for mortgage lol

Malo

Banned
Beltre's best year was '04 with the Dodgers. But he is best as a Ranger, definitely. A-Rod's best couple of years were with the Rangers, but he sure did a lot of good things for his third team. Probably not the best example since he was so young when he went to the Yankees and he has fizzled out, but I can't really think of any.
A-Rod's 2007 season begs to differ.

Is MLB-GAF hiring for a professional gif maker? Might be going on strike here in the upcoming weeks/months. Need that extra dollar for mortgage lol
You'll be paid with hot dogs, is that okay?

Wc9IUYn.gif

JDeluis

Dodgers have four straight loses, are in third place and are four and half games behind the giants. Lol

I'm not even mad anymore, it's just a complete train wreck.

Dodgers have four straight loses, are in third place and are four and half games behind the giants. Lol

I'm not even mad anymore, it's just a complete train wreck.

When your starting pitcher throws 13 strikeouts and gives up 2 runs in 6+ innings and you can't win, you know your bullpen is absolute garbage, and your offense is sleepwalking.

Fuck the front office.

JDeluis

When your starting pitcher throws 13 strikeouts and gives up 2 runs in 6+ innings and you can't win, you know your bullpen is absolute garbage, and your offense is sleepwalking.

Fuck the front office.

The last game Kershaw started, he was the first batter to have a hit. The game before that start, he was the only batter with an RBI.

The bullpen is bad, but the offense is not getting enough blame on just how awful they're not hitting.

It'd be dumb to trade Storen now when his value is so low. 'We' made a mistake giving up Revere for him, it seems. It's a Sergio Santos situation all over again.

If we traded him now, it'd be dumb.

Macattk15

Time to sweep? Maybe. It would be great if the Astrololols showed up too... Just pretend you are playing the Mariners guys!

Nah. This has alllll the makings of a Mariner shitfest.

Bad line-up. Bad opposing pitcher. Opposing team on a 6 game losing streak. Miley.

Top Bottom