• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

BigAT

tCN6xnP.gif

4-game sweep! Thanks A's.

It's hard to believe that the Jays are two games below .500 with their line-up, and that they took 3/4 from the Twinkies yet are still 2 games below.

I thought they'd be one below, or maybe at .500 after today. I haven't been paying as close attention these days due to shit sleep and other factors. Plus boredom.

JDeluis

Lead off walk. Guess the dodgers are losing it in the 11th again.

Edit: And my nerves continue to raise for another inning. Lol.

lol fuck this team... bases loaded, no outs, come up empty

Crawford did the ONE THING you cannot do there

And why did Roberts even let him swing at the first pitch? The dude just threw four balls. Why would Crawford swing anyway?

JDeluis

Holy crap! Bases loaded with no outs and they still can't score one run. Crawford and Kendrick always hitting into double plays.

They don't deserve to win this game honestly.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/...-bruce-mcleod-fernandez-lincecum-reddick.html
The Royals and Phillies are among the teams looking at Braves outfielder Nick Markakis. “The money is an issue there, especially with the Royals,” Cafardo writes; Markakis is owed $10.5MM in each of the next two seasons and roughly $7.25MM remaining on his 2016 salary. Markakis entered Sunday hitting .252/.362/.348 in 185 PA, and his near-total power dropoff over the last two seasons has surely hurt his trade value, as MLBTR’s Connor Byrne pointed out earlier today. While both K.C. and the Phils could use help in right field, Markakis has delivered only replacement-level production this season, with an even 0.0 fWAR.
f3aZgAO.gif

you likely will take 2 out of 3 every time :p

so, ideally the white sox get hot now.

they are facing the indians next, if they can beat them up they can erase the bad last two weeks.

Good luck. We have three winnable games against the Twins, then host you for four. I'm hoping we stay hot.

Royals should avoid this deal. Orlando and Dyson are getting it done.

SolKane

Some amazing defense tonight behind MadBum. He pulled a Kershaw tonight by RBIing the only run for the Giants and pitching a shutout.

Malo

Banned
"This is little more than the inevitable end to a five-year stretch in which Howard has hit .227/.295/.419 with 79 home runs and 289 RBIs in nearly 1,900 plate appearances"

"Already, according to Baseball-Reference, Howard over the life of the extension has been worth minus-4 Wins Above Replacement."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/10-degrees--the-worst-contract-in-mlb-history-is-finally-ending-soon-014127971-mlb.html
Every time I feel bad about Ellsbury's contract, I look at Ryan Howard and smile.

"This is little more than the inevitable end to a five-year stretch in which Howard has hit .227/.295/.419 with 79 home runs and 289 RBIs in nearly 1,900 plate appearances"

"Already, according to Baseball-Reference, Howard over the life of the extension has been worth minus-4 Wins Above Replacement."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/10-degrees--the-worst-contract-in-mlb-history-is-finally-ending-soon-014127971-mlb.html
Every time I feel bad about Ellsbury's contract, I look at Ryan Howard and smile.

Everyone needs to stop hating on the 2K16 NL MVP

Howard will prove you all
right
wrong

Padres under heavy fire after National Anthem mixup

They had the San Diego Gay Men's Choir in on "Out at the Park" pride night. Someone at PETCO Park had the on-field mics muted and played a recording of a female singing the Anthem.

Also, the Padres tried to get them to cancel by surprising them a few days before and telling them they'd have to buy their own game tickets to perform. They changed their mind after complaints. lol

rekameohs

Banned

Holy smokes, didn't know about Stanton going 0-18 with 16 K's. Yikes.

That might be the worst contract in the history of sports.

That might be the worst contract in the history of sports.

Carlos Silva in Seattle (4/$48, 15-24, 5.82 ERA, 1.49 WHIP, -2.8WAR), Mike Hampton in Colorado (8/$121, 56-52, 4.81 ERA, 1.54 WHIP, -1.6WAR) are up there, but yeah Howard's is really bad.

Of course, Pujols' contract will soon outshine Howard's in terms of crapiness. And then there's Josh Hamilton's Angels contract lol.

Fox318

Cashman probably loves it.

"I didn't fuck up that bad"

Top Bottom