• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Someone remind me why Campbell is on this team.

With Duda out for a long time you are going to see plenty of freakin' Campbell. Not sure who can take over for awhile. Some kid in the minors? I read about Conforto taking grounders. Walker at first and call up Dilson? No more Campbell please!

Nice to see Wright with the homer!

Ichiro is a HOF player.

So is Kenny Lofton and Mike Raines and Bagwell and countless others that got jobbed because of arbitrary reasons.

I think Ichiro will get bogged down in a broken system.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
With Duda out for a long time you are going to see plenty of freakin' Campbell. Not sure who can take over for awhile. Some kid in the minors? I read about Conforto taking grounders. Walker at first and call up Dilson? No more Campbell please!

Nice to see Wright with the homer!

Let the ballboy take some grounders.

Ichiro is a HOF player.

So is Kenny Lofton and Mike Raines and Bagwell and countless others that got jobbed because of arbitrary reasons.

I think Ichiro will get bogged down in a broken system.

I don't think he will. 3000 hits is pretty much a guaranteed entry. That's something those other guys didn't have. Plus Ichiro doesn't have the non-sensical steroid accusations. The MVP/Rookie of the Year help, as does the single season hit record. The narrative really helps him: His japan career, his role as a cultural icon, "saving" baseball in Seattle after A-Rod and Griffey and Randy Johnson all bolted town....he's a no brainer. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's a first ballet HoF'er.

Hoping Holliday has his usual second half surge in him because he looks awful at the plate right now.

His season stats are pretty normal, except for a BABIP that's low by about ~.65-70

Think he'll be fine. His ISO is a good sign, I think

He's definitely looked pretty dreadful lately though. Same with Diaz. Probably need a day off

If Duda is out for more than a month we trade for a 1B.

Matt Adams is available (probably)

How about throwing Dominic Smith into the fire? Way too early?

Waaaaaaaay too early. His defense is still really bad and, well.

He's fat as hell right now.

If we do it in house we call up Pickles for depth, move Walker and start Flores at 2B.

That said Terry is boning Soup so, that's probably his guy at first till he's below the Mendoza line.

Ch-JvVyWwAAMkcR.jpg

This was Dom Smith about 3 weeks ago.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yo is now tops in the majors in HR's, RBI's, SLG%, wRC+, OPS, ISO, you name it he's on top.

Pay that dude whatever he wants.

Teams must be kicking themselves for not signing him. Mets got lucky he landed back in their laps. Especially lucky that he didn't sign with the Nats.

Teams must be kicking themselves for not signing him. Mets got lucky he landed back in their laps. Especially lucky that he didn't sign with the Nats.

I mean, what's adding an extra $5-6M AAV when he opts out after this year, really?

We could do it. We won't, and it'll hurt, but we could.

He's on pace for an 8 win season FFS.

How many studs has Oakland let go the last few years lol.... Yoenis, Donaldson...

Last few years? Last few years?

How about since Charlie Finley dumped everyone during at the dawn of free agency, gutting the early 70s dynasty?

It's been that way ever since. Where have you been?

This is the way it's been for forty f'ing years.

Develop great players, watch them leave. It's no different today than it's ever been.

Some things work out, others don't. Still too early to call the Donaldson deal a bust with Barreto still coming but yeah that's a lot of ground to make up lol.

You have Braves fans gloating about how terrible they are this year... But oh yeah they made the playoffs 16 straight seasons and had HOFers play their whole careers there. The A's? Our hall of famers start here, go off and have huge careers elsewhere, then maybe come back to finish in Oakland when they are 42.

Last few years. Fuck,

Top Bottom