• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
1384530868_thor-the-dark-world-angry-thor.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Throwing out one of the best pitchers in baseball on a nationally televised game for nothing? These umps are fucking stupid.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm fine with ejections for that, but you need to have consistency with how the rule is enforced. If they didn't issue warnings before the game...

The one where two weeks ago umps 'left it to the players' after someone got deliberately plunked (for a celebration!) and a brawl broke out, suspensions and fines issued.
I hear you but warnings exist for a reason. I'm not saying the player shouldn't be penalized but Hamari is developing a rep in his young career, and it ain't a good one. An instant hook for something that ridiculous is unwarranted, whether or not there have been some fights in other games. Now if you want to say there's some sort of MLB-mandated crackdown on this type of stuff? Sure. Show me some other quick hooks. Surely this wasn't the first opportunity since that brawl.

Choomp

Banned
I'm fine with ejections for that, but you need to have consistency with how the rule is enforced. If they didn't issue warnings before the game...

Pretty much, the reason why most people were pissed because it felt like the guy was expecting this to happen and ready to just pull the trigger even if it usually starts with a warning

Top Bottom