• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

When all you have is velo you can't hack it at the big boy level.

His heat isn't heavy enough to get groundballs and is lifeless so it doesn't jam guys.

Hitting 98 on the gun is nice but if your heat is flat and light, you're gonna get dinged a ton.

Why can't anybody? Life just isn't fair.

First step hire this guy

Theo.jpg

Second step let him do whatever he wants.

zulux21

just got home from work and saw how the white sox game ended.

for the first time in like 3 weeks I am glad the white sox didn't DFA albers... I still think there is a good chance he is spent and needs to be replaced, but man... that was a crazy finish.

little sad that I didn't get to see the end of that game though since it ended up being historic

The Mets became the second team in recorded history to draw 13 walks and score one or fewer runs. The only other time that occurred was back in 1953. The White Sox became the sixth team since 1913 to have their pitchers combine for 12-plus walks, allow one run or less and win the game, according to STATS.

Malo

Banned
I hope we suck the rest the rest of the way. Worst thing that could happen is we hover around .500 and management/ownership decides to stand pat at the deadline or even go for it. It would be like 2013 all over again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I hope we suck the rest the rest of the way. Worst thing that could happen is we hover around .500 and management/ownership decides to stand pat at the deadline or even go for it. It would be like 2013 all over again.

Speaking from experience, it's really draining to watch non-competitive baseball every night.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I wouldn't undo the last year and a half, but that doesn't change how miserable these games are to watch.
these games are more enjoable than that one year where the bullpen would blow every single game. (We dont get leads this year). It was 2006 or 2007. The year that resulted in the Soriano and Mike Gonzalez trades.

edit: 2006. The bob wickman year.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...nth=0&season1=2006&ind=0&team=16&rost=0&age=0

God that bullpen was awful

Top Bottom