• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Chris R

I take it back, the NL West can keep the Padres ;_;

edit: I blew the trivia round on sports numbers too, I don't know Chipper Jones (slash Frank Tarkenton) or Ozzie Smith's (slash Warren Moon) numbers :(

KingBroly

Banned
Usually how the NL East works is one team falls off a cliff once a month starting in late May/June. So they're still kinda bunched up right now.

wbsmcs

Who you guys voting for?

AL
C: Perez
1B: Miggy
2B: Altuve
3B: Donaldson
SS: Xander
OF: JBJ, Mookie, Trout
DH: Ortiz

NL
C: Lucroy
1B: Goldy
2B: Josh Harrison
3B: Arenado
SS: Villar
OF: Harper, Ozuna, Marte

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Sounds like Tyrell Jenkins is going to be brought up as a reliever in a week or two. That's probably always where he was going to end up, but I was hoping he'd get a few turns in the rotation first.

Fowler deserves the CF start for sure.
The Cubs players that should get in imo: Rizzo, Fowler, Bryant, Zobrist, Arrieta, Lester, Rondon. Russell maybe.

Bum crushed that lol

EDIT: Poor Barves. Aaron Blair just standing around the mound wondering why no one's coming to pull him out of this game.

EDIT EDIT: Oh it keeps getting worse.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sounds like Tyrell Jenkins is going to be brought up as a reliever in a week or two. That's probably always where he was going to end up, but I was hoping he'd get a few turns in the rotation first.
a starter will probably be traded at some point opening up a spot for him.

edit: or send blair down and bring up Jenkins...

Who you guys voting for?

My picks are nearly identical to yours, but I have Hosmer instead of Miggy. I love Cabrera, but Hosmer is having a better season across the board. Higher WAR, better batting average, more RBIs, higher OPS, four stolen bases, and he's better defensively. He's doing all that for under a quarter what Cabrera costs and surrounded by the MASH Royals who are starting three guys who were in AAA three weeks ago.

I'm also trying to slot Cain in there (he's having a great season), but American League outfield is stacked beyond belief. There are only eight total five-tool players right now at the MLB level, and Cain is one of them. But what JBJ and Mookie Betts are doing is rather ridiculous.

Cj9iPXhXIAAZR4Z.jpg:large

Why Dirk why? Lol

Of all the annoying things regarding the MLB.TV player the fact that it renamed the "Hide Scores" setting to "Spoilers" is the worst.

Fuck right on off with that.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Cut a deal at 3 for a quality player (Ray?), go way overslot for Josh Lowe at 40... 🤔

Ugggghhhh can't it just be the 9th already?

Of all the annoying things regarding the MLB.TV player the fact that it renamed the "Hide Scores" setting to "Spoilers" is the worst.

Fuck right on off with that.

The player doesn't even work for me on my PS4 anymore. If I try to rewind or fast forward it freezes for a good 2 minutes and either works, or crashes.

Top Bottom