• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Lexxism

xbipAG6.gif

lol at Price and Revere

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
1st and 3rd 1 out in the 9th down1 run?

/waits for double play

edit: wild pitch ahahahahahahaha

Parch

It's an important part of the schedule for the Jays right now. Struggle now and it's probably season over, but win now and they're in a good position for when their schedule gets easier. It's looking promising.

Macattk15

Well this game is going to shit quick.

Fuck James Paxton.

Why are pitchers unable to throw to anywhere but the god damn catcher so often?

Mortemis

Banned
Damn Paxton, really bad start straight outta the call up. Ump ain't helping but he's throwing way too much heaters near the middle.

Mortemis

Banned
He only has two pitches. He isn't a ML quality pitcher.

Convert him to a damn reliever.

He'd kill it as a reliever, he was hitting 99 in the first. I don't think the M's want to give up on him just yet though. It's not like we have that many pitchers in the minors that can spot a start whenever a starter goes down.

Is Giancarlo Stanton broken?

He is still having a lot of trouble laying off fastballs up and out of the zone, but he has gotten a bit better about swinging at sliders and off speed stuff out of the zone this season.

Before getting injured and missing the last couple of games, he was starting to get back on track. He had some pretty good at bats tonight too. I think he will be fine moving forward.

Vernon Wells' career trajectory is pretty damn weird. He was super productive for 3-4 seasons, had a great peak year at 27 and then fell off a cliff.

Finally, a sweep! Eat shit, Yankees.

(I know I'm late. I was mostly watching the hockey game while colouring, but flipped back to the Jays from time to time.)

so the Phillies had an "adult conversation" with Ryan Howard about why he was being benched? Do you think "Because you fucking suck" was said at any point?

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Vernon Wells' career trajectory is pretty damn weird. He was super productive for 3-4 seasons, had a great peak year at 27 and then fell off a cliff.

Doesn't that happen to all toolsy outfielders. Seems like there peaks are always in their early to mid 20s and then over like a season or two their defensive ability falls off a cliff and their bats start to decline not long after.

Doesn't that happen to all toolsy outfielders. Seems like there peaks are always in their early to mid 20s and then over like a season or two their defensive ability falls off a cliff and their bats start to decline not long after.

I guess. What got me thinking about this imagining if Jason Heyward just fell off a cliff starting this season. Would be uncommon but I guess not unprecedented.

Top Bottom