• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Urias looks real bad :(

can only console myself by remembering kershaw was bad at the beginning too
19 year old pitching prospect with his second start against an offensive juggernaut called the Chicago Cubs.

I expected it to be rough. He'll learn from this and get better. Putting him against clubs like this isn't a great idea in the first place.

I kind of get the feeling the Dodger front office is putting Urias out there to get drilled because destroying AAA at 19 might cause come complacency. Give him a taste of the big leagues (and of getting his ass kicked) to see how he responds.

shwimpy

I kind of get the feeling the Dodger front office is putting Urias out there to get drilled because destroying AAA at 19 might cause come complacency. Give him a taste of the big leagues (and of getting his ass kicked) to see how he responds.
Really? Cause I think they were expecting him to do well and create headlines and it backfired on them. Why else would they start him in the biggest market in the country and now Chicago. They could've put in any other journeyman starter.

RBH

I paid $45 for this seat at Turner Field today (regular price = $92), and it even came with $10 for use on concessions as well as access to the 755 Club:

xZkxuOB.jpg

ZkbfriG.jpg

kxzXgWM.jpg

ig5rzcq.jpg

mZjFqDw.jpg

CLzlraj.jpg

*waves hello at Mustard-GAF*

:) :) :)

Really? Cause I think they were expecting him to do well and create headlines and it backfired on them. Why else would they start him in the biggest market in the country and now Chicago. They could've put in any other journeyman starter.

Because he was destroying AAA and they wanted him to get a taste. If he handled it, great, if not then send him back down.

Beckx

@Pirates
Ryan Vogelsong underwent surgery today by Dr. Randall Beatty at Allegheny General Hospital to repair multiple facial fractures.

‏@Pirates
He is resting comfortably at home and will be re-examined by team doctors next week in which an appropriate rehab timeline will be outlined.

rando14

I paid $45 for this seat at Turner Field today (regular price = $92), and it even came with $10 for use on concessions as well as access to the 755 Club:

*waves hello at Mustard-GAF*

:) :) :)

Hey RBH look over there, it's a wrestling gif!!

*grabs RBH's hot dog and submerges it into his soda

I'm not saying they want or expected him to do badly, just that I don't think it's too concerning. At his age maybe there is some value from getting in some ML experience. Like maybe he learns more from getting shelled by a dominant offensive big league team than he would have from another ho-hum outing where he destoys a AAA lineup.

I'm not saying they want or expected him to do badly, just that I don't think it's too concerning. At his age maybe there is some value from getting in some ML experience. Like maybe he learns more from getting shelled by a dominant offensive big league team than he would have from another ho-hum outing where he destoys a AAA lineup.

You always learn more at a higher level than you would have at a lower one.

Now he knows exactly what he needs to work on to be effective at a big league level. It might lead to him getting hit a bit in AAA, but the end result will be positive.

Also RBH is good people and understands good taste/

#TeamKetchup

Look, I'm not a Dodgers fan but I feel bad for Urias. I just hope that he doesn't let this dampen his spirits. It must be hard feeling all this pressure at his age, and I hope he can bounce back and be successful.

gamz

Look, I'm not a Dodgers fan but I feel bad for Urias. I just hope that he doesn't let this dampen his spirits. It must be hard feeling all this pressure at his age, and I hope he can bounce back and be successful.

It's just a start and the kid is 19. He's not expected to dominate. He'll be just fine.

BumRush

TFW you're stuck at the Denver airport for 5 hours but then you realize the Sox play in 3 minutes and the bar you're at has a great beer selection and brisket. Could be worse.

Top Bottom