• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Chris R

Where is the brisket place in the Denver airport?

Granted, I've only been in the Denver airport before 9 am so most places are still closed :(

wbsmcs

Ortiz is unbelievable. How does this guy retire, he is absolutely raking right now. He's in discussion for MVP right now, but is there a realistic shot he wins it playing DH?

BumRush

Where is the brisket place in the Denver airport?

Granted, I've only been in the Denver airport before 9 am so most places are still closed :(

Terminal B (united), second floor, Aviators. It's not bad. A little pricey and the seats are uncomfortable as shit but otherwise, good time.

Edit: things have picked up in the sox game!!!

Chris R

Terminal B (united), second floor, Aviators. It's not bad. A little pricey and the seats are uncomfortable as shit but otherwise, good time.

Ah ok, I've only walked the length of Terminal A and didn't see anything that looked like that.

Next time I'm flying through Denver I'll have to keep an eye out.

BigAT

Pineda finally pitching well and the Yankees are getting no hit through 5 (for the second time in less than a week). This offense is just abysmal.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

Matt Reynolds has been summoned to Miami. Sounds like David Wright is going to the DL.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Mets will make a statement on Wright either later tonight or in the morning.

Adam Rubin ‏@AdamRubinESPN

Matt Reynolds has been summoned to Miami. Sounds like David Wright is going to the DL.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Mets will make a statement on Wright either later tonight or in the morning.

He is only 33 but it feels like he has been in the league forever. I sadly feel that retirement may be on the table for him soon

Friggz

How do boston fans feel about their rotation ? i understand their offense is insane, but that will only get them so far.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adam Rubin ESPN

David Wright is headed to the DL and likely will have an extended absence because of the herniated disk in his neck. It is not yet clear if Wright will require surgery, but Terry Collins recently compared the situation to Bobby Parnell's issue while with the Mets. And Parnell required surgery. Matt Reynolds will be promoted from Triple-A Las Vegas.

How do boston fans feel about their rotation ? i understand their offense is insane, but that will only get them so far.

Atrocious
Terrible
Gahbage

I think Price has settled in
Wright's been good so far but you can only rely on an old knuckleballer so much
E-Rod has all the promise in the world but he's young

The rest: boo-boo

This is a historically good offense, but without arms they aren't winning anything.

Askani

Way to go Cleveland on winning the World Series!

Oh wait, they were just celebrating like they did for some reason.

But seriously, yeah we shit the bed and they capitalized. GG

Atrocious
Terrible
Gahbage

This is a historically good offense, but without arms they aren't winning anything.

Ryan Howard can pitch. You throw Xander or Mookie our way and we can make something work

Chase17

It's been pretty (ok, really) rough outside of Wright and sometimes Price. Makes it pretty evident that even if we make the playoffs we won't be able to go very far. That said having a crazy good offense and relatively terrible pitching guarantees that most every game will be interesting for one reason or another so I guess I'd consider that a silver lining.

Malo

Banned
Atrocious
Terrible
Gahbage

So, you guys need to beef up your bullpen. Andrew Miller would great for you guys! He thrived there before.

He can be had for Moncada! Deal? Cool.

Atrocious
Terrible
Gahbage

You can have one Matt Harvey for the low, low price of say, Mookie or Xander.

jbug617

Banned
how many times is this bullpen/pitching staff going to waste a good offensive performance. Cost the Red Sox 3 games against division opponents this week.

jbug617

Banned
I don't even know if Beane wants to trade with Red Sox. He shut us down when we asked about Donaldson.

Tehran would probably get bodied in the AL.

BigAT

Bullpen made it far closer than it had to be, but...

rUoqxbp.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I just realized Turner Field is like 3 years older than AT&T Park...was it really that bad it needed to be replaced?

ive probably asked this question before and forgot the answer

RBH

I just realized Turner Field is like 3 years older than AT&T Park...was it really that bad it needed to be replaced?

ive probably asked this question before and forgot the answer

There's nothing wrong with the actual stadium itself, but the lease ends after this season and there's been zero progress as far as developing the area around Turner Field since it opened in 1997. Now instead of sharing control of the parking, etc. with the city, now the Braves will own all of that extra stuff themselves (restaurants, shops, etc around the new stadium). It's all about controlling those extra sources of revenue. It's still kinda silly though when you look at Turner Field in a vacuum since it's still a great ballpark.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
There's nothing wrong with the actual stadium itself, but the lease ends after this season and there's been zero progress as far as developing the area around Turner Field since it opened in 1997. Now instead of sharing control of the parking, etc. with the city, now the Braves will own all of that extra stuff themselves (restaurants, shops, etc around the new stadium). It's all about controlling those extra sources of revenue. It's still kinda silly though when you look at Turner Field in a vacuum since it's still a great ballpark.

Hmm interesting. Im kinda curious to see what happens to around ATT Park with the new Warriors arena being like right next door. Its already a fun area.

Ill never be able to move to SF though :eek:

Top Bottom