• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

Phillies put up 5 runs in a 4 game series. The last time this lost this many times in a row at home was in 64.

I will say this right now, the Braves will be ahead of the Phillies in the next couple weeks. Yes, the Braves are a better team.

zulux21

Well this got dark.

it's merely equivalent exchange.

50 or so average people = one bum playoff performance.
tumblr_n2soobhWFJ1qfr1foo1_500.gif

since their curse involved demons though obviously some good things in the world had to be sacrificed as well.

either way giants are by far the most evil team this season and the only team I absolutely don't want to see anywhere near the playoffs :p

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The AquaSox are in town so I'm going to check out Kyle Lewis tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics for M's GAF.

The AquaSox are in town so I'm going to check out Kyle Lewis tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics for M's GAF.

Shit, C's season starts soon, eh? Should probably hit a few games considering I'm probably not going to go down to Seattle to see the Jays (Fuck start of week games, especially in September on the west coast)

DireStr8s

Ok, I kinda don't really want to know but, what makes the Nationals evil? Expos history? Generic Americanism? Legacy of handsome players? What is it?

CygnusXS

Shit, C's season starts soon, eh? Should probably hit a few games considering I'm probably not going to go down to Seattle to see the Jays (Fuck start of week games, especially in September on the west coast)

The home opener is tonight, apparently. But I have to work, so bought a ticket for tomorrow. $20, row 2, about halfway down the LF line. Should get a good look at Lewis from there.

zulux21

Cubs/Red Sox WS happens and I'll root for a meteor /sosh

nah, don't need to wish death upon people. how about it merely leaks and is confirmed that every single player on both teams are using PEDs except for David Ortiz and Jake Arrieta and they all get banned suspended at the start of the world series leaving the series to be played merely as Ortiz vs Arrieta where they get to pick fans from the stands that aren't affiliated with any baseball team to fill in for the remaining players.

at least that would be amusing to watch :p

note: I did pick ortiz and arrieta to be clean because they have the most PEDs rumors around them :p

The home opener is tonight, apparently. But I have to work, so bought a ticket for tomorrow. $20, row 2, about halfway down the LF line. Should get a good look at Lewis from there.

Yeah, tbh I wish the C's did what the Giants did and moved out to the suburbs. I imagine they'd probably get more people and families going to see the baby Jays then going out to Queen E Park and have to deal with a parking lot gongshow.

Malo

Banned
I thought the /sosh would give away that I was being sarcastic and not serious.

I'll just drink heavily if a Cubs/Sox WS happens.

zulux21

I thought the /sosh would give away that I was being sarcastic and not serious.

I'll just drink heavily if a Cubs/Sox WS happens.

and you thought I was being serious o_O;

I will just vanish from the baseball threads for a while as I won't really care who wins it, I will just be glad I am far enough from chicago that I won't have to hear about the cubs from everyone.

CygnusXS

Yeah, tbh I wish the C's did what the Giants did and moved out to the suburbs. I imagine they'd probably get more people and families going to see the baby Jays then going out to Queen E Park and have to deal with a parking lot gongshow.

I could see them being successful in Surrey or Langley, but I doubt anyone involved in the team would want to move.

I could see them being successful in Surrey or Langley, but I doubt anyone involved in the team would want to move.

They certainly have the space. TBH though with the new outfield seats they added and the general modernization, I think for the next while at least, the ownership is fine where they are.

Still, a pipe dream for me. What a dirty suburbanite I am. :p

CygnusXS

They certainly have the space. TBH though with the new outfield seats they added and the general modernization, I think for the next while at least, the ownership is fine where they are.

Still, a pipe dream for me. What a dirty suburbanite I am. :p
I wouldn't want them to move because I can walk to the stadium in 30 minutes from my house, so I'm good.

You live around the North Delta/Scott Road area right? That commute's not great for anywhere.

It'd be better then what I used to do for work, where I had to take a bus to Scott Road station, loop around to take a bus into Ladner and then get dropped off a few minutes away on Annacis Island, even when I live ten minutes away, and that's on the worst of traffic days.

Though if I ever go to Vancouver usually I just take the bus to 22nd Street station and start from there.

CygnusXS

It'd be better then what I used to do for work, where I had to take a bus to Scott Road station, loop around to take a bus into Ladner and then get dropped off a few minutes away on Annacis Island, even when I live ten minutes away, and that's on the worst of traffic days.

Though if I ever go to Vancouver usually I just take the bus to 22nd Street station and start from there.
Christ man.

CygnusXS

Yeah, what would be a ten minute commute in a car from my house to work, was an hour and change on bus, waking up at 5:00 in the morning.

That goes to show how woeful the transit situation is in North Delta and specifically Sunshine Hills
We're getting pretty off-topic and niche now, but yeah, for obvious reasons that region really has to fight to have it's transit concerns prioritized by the province.

We're getting pretty off-topic and niche now, but yeah, for obvious reasons that region really has to fight to have it's transit concerns prioritized by the province.

Oh yeah. And I'm glad that Lois Jackson has at least tried, but when most people think of Delta as the ferry terminal, no surprise.

But yeah, we've strayed way off the beaten path here.

Only 4 hours and 5 minutes left until the Main Event.

KERSHAW - STRASBURG

HARPER - SEAGER

ROBERTS - BAKER

MONDAY NIGHT

CHAVEZ RAVINE

IN THE GREATEST BASEBALL STADIUM IN THE WORLD

WATCH IT

KERSHAW - STRASBURG

HARPER - SEAGER

ROBERTS - BAKER

MONDAY NIGHT

CHAVEZ RAVINE

WATCH IT

Yeah no one cares.

The Doyers suck. Their stadium sucks. Just let Kersh pitch well for my fantasy team

DireStr8s

KERSHAW - STRASBURG

HARPER - SEAGER

ROBERTS - BAKER

MONDAY NIGHT

CHAVEZ RAVINE

WATCH IT

Beer - CHECK

Pizza - CHECK

Cigarettes - CHECK

Texas Tea - CHECK

Country Blues records - CHECK

Hey guys.

Been a die hard Cubs fan since as long as I can remember.

JK.

Go Astros. Moved to Houston back in 2000 when I was 13. Started following baseball and became an obvious hometown fan. Followed them through the Killer Bs era. Loved Jeff Bagwell- who didn't? One of my earliest MLB memories was being in Minute Maid, Morgan Ensberg came to bat with bases loaded. I thought, "man it would be cool seeing him hit a Grand Slam" and he did it.. 'Lights Out Lidge' made me want to pull my hair out more than once. I hated the Cardinals and Pujols with all my might- only to see him follow the Astros to the AL West.

I was hoping they would have the problem of bandwagon fans this season but doesn't look like that's happening. Still playing under .500 ball.

I have a buddy who is a Cubs fan since I met him in 2012- he was wearing a Cubs jersey first day I met him. Funny how now I am starting to see Cubs jerseys all over the place. One guy at work has Alabama, Green Bay, and Cubs gear in his cube... and we live in Knoxville, TN. I guess those guys are everywhere.

Top Bottom