• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season Official Thread - Do Not Attempt to Ketchup

RBH

519153290_32736282-600x384.jpg

After more than a decade of going in circles, Oakland A’s managing partner Lew Wolff is taking a back seat in the drive to get the team a new stadium and handing the job over to largely “silent” majority owner John Fisher.

“John is spending a little more time looking at the alternatives on the venue,” Wolff told us. “Having some fresh eyes relooking at Oakland is a good thing.”

Fisher appears interested in a ballpark closer to the downtown. But Mayor Libby Schaaf’s push for a new ballpark at Howard Terminal north of Jack London Square looks like a dead end from the team’s perspective because of poor BART and freeway access.

The team is still exploring a site at Laney College, which is within walking distance of the Lake Merritt BART station — but that would mean buying the land from the community college district.

The other option, of course, is staying at the Coliseum site.

Team spokesman Ken Pries said Fisher “is not willing to make statement or do an interview at this time.”

With Major League Baseball breathing down their necks to try and get something done, the A’s are hoping to make a decision within the year.

As for the 80-year-old Wolff, he isn’t saying how long he intends to stay on as “managing partner” — but he is emphatic that he has no intention of selling his minority stake in the team.
http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandros...of-as-takes-over-stadium-hunt-from-lew-wolff/

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
also I really hope the white sox can get through the twins without letting the twins have their first win.

on the plus side chris sale won't face the twins which is a really really really really good thing.
If the Twins only won 19 games this year, but those 19 games were against the White Sox, I'd be fine with that outcome!

I'm sad that there's no Sale this trip. I love watching him get knocked around. It's the best.

zulux21

AJ Pierzynski hitting 5th in a major league lineup in 2016. My god.
he hit .300 last year, it's not like he is a bad hitter.

If the Twins only won 19 games this year, but those 19 games were against the White Sox, I'd be fine with that outcome!

I'm sad that there's no Sale this trip. I love watching him get knocked around. It's the best.

Sale's career era would be like a point lower if he didn't face the twins lol.
it sucks watching Sale pitch against the twins as a white sox fan :p

white sox will take at least 13 games this year against the twins though :p

BFIB

This Cards team looks entirely different compared to a week ago. They've come alive.

Molina just stole second.

zulux21

A season split would be a huge step forward for y'all. 13!

white sox haven't regularly beat the twins with 13 wins in a season since the 50s :p

2005: CHW won 11, WSH and MIN won 7.
2006: CHW won 9, WSH and MIN won 10.
2007: CHW won 9, WSH and MIN won 9.
2008: CHW won 9, WSH and MIN won 10.
2009: CHW won 6, WSH and MIN won 12.
2010: CHW won 5, WSH and MIN won 13.
2011: CHW won 9, WSH and MIN won 9.
2012: CHW won 14, WSH and MIN won 4.
2013: CHW won 8, WSH and MIN won 11.
2014: CHW won 9, WSH and MIN won 10.
2015: CHW won 6, WSH and MIN won 13.
Some games that appear to be ties, but
break even hasn't been that bad for the last decade though. (though 2012 woot woot)
but the twins aren't a great team and the white sox are gonna win the WS this year thus they have to beat up the twins on their road to being the champs :3

BFIB

Cardinals offense seems to be back, that or we've been playing some iffy teams.

Sidenote, Bob Uecker shags Tubas.
We've beat up on 2 teams that very well could lose 100 games this season. It's a confidence builder, but it's sorely needed.

zulux21

jackson missed the slam by like an inch... an actual inch.

at least he still got the 2 run single.

also 3 runs with quintana on the mound... that might be the most runs he has gotten since the start of the 2015 season >.<:

Top Bottom