• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

At the same time though, lets be honest, not many people cared compared to Persona 5 currently. And by that same margin, it should have been priority number 1 to develop the English localization in lockstep with Japanese development. Atlus is big enough to do that now, they aren't some plucky little underdog anymore. FFXV is doing the exact same thing, is it not releasing on September 30th worldwide? I don't follow the game.

atlus jp probaly didnt allow atlus usa to start localizing until the game was mostly done,, jrpgs getting world wide releases is like a really new thing, it took until pokemon x and y to get a worldwide release for a pokemon game

Listen, I get it, I'd probably actually choose to be a Japanese high school student if given the choice for whatever reason, but are buying these foreign versions this early worth the trouble?

Yeah boy. I don't need a translation app I don't see why I wouldn't use knowing a language to my advantage.

Choomp

Banned
Yeah boy. I don't need a translation app I don't see why I wouldn't use knowing a language to my advantage.

Oh you amazing bastard you do know Japanese, don't you. I didn't want to assume. I've always wanted to learn, I'm gonna take it off at college I think to try and start

I mean that in the sense that Persona's profile hasn't really been an issue until P4G came out and became one of the few games that you absolutely needed to play on Vita. Granted, this is conjecture, as my first exposure to the series came with P4G since it was recommend in my hunt for a Vita. FWIW, Persona 1 was released when I was born.

lord I'm getting old.....

Final Fantasy fans suck dude. Most of the games have always been stale to me too. 7 is one of the most overrated games ever but it's ok, and 13 is an absolute trainwreck. 12 is cool though I'll agree

Persona 4 golden is one of the best pieces of media ever though and I'll stand by that

nonsense.
more nonsense.
seriously, read a book.

it'stoo damn bad ATLUS is so stuck in their ways that they won't consider releasing it on PC or even Xbox. oh well I'll never get to play it. UNLESS, I cave in and buy a PS4 just to play FF VII remake.

lord I'm getting old.....

nonsense.
more nonsense.
seriously, read a book.

it'stoo damn bad ATLUS is so stuck in their ways that they won't consider releasing it on PC or even Xbox. oh well I'll never get to play it. UNLESS, I cave in and buy a PS4 just to play FF VII remake.

no niche japanese company is ever gonna bother with the xbox again,

no niche japanese company is ever gonna bother with the xbox again,

no but Sega, Square and others are having success with porting their games to PC. Konami sold a million copies of MGS V and Capcom did very well with Devil May Cry.
I wasn't expecting Atlus to do it since they never have but it's nice to dream. I think Persona would do very well on PC.

Welp

I have officially resigned myseld to not making the playoffs.

Sawamura hype tho

no but Sega, Square and others are having success with porting their games to PC. Konami sold a million copies of MGS V and Capcom did very well with Devil May Cry.
I wasn't expecting Atlus to do it since they never have but it's nice to dream. I think Persona would do very well on PC.
I think Sega will eventually port P3/4 OG versions to PC and see how they sell.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
When I was shopping today I looked at the mustard on the shelf at the store....
7xvEvf4.gif

Got myself a raspberrypi3 with retropie and a nes30 pro wireless controller the other day. This thing is cool, got all my old school games on this small tiny device.

Mark Teixeira is gonna retire?

Damn. Effective at end of season

Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN)
13 mins ago - View on Twitter
Mark Teixeira expected to announce his retirement later today, at 36, effective at the end of the season.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Bye Tex, I'll miss your awkward looking swing and your sweet, sweet glove at first. Such a good player, shame injuries sapped so much of his abilities.

Malo

Banned
Tex wasn't going to be back with us next season, but I didn't expect him to retire. He was on a bad contract and injuries just him, but he helped us get a ring. Goodbye sweet tight suit.

Let the bird man era begin!

After that ridiculous Mets series, Tex probably just figured he'd rather go hang out with adults than the man children on teams like the Mets.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I mean that in the sense that Persona's profile hasn't really been an issue until P4G came out and became one of the few games that you absolutely needed to play on Vita.

Nah, the original P4 release on PS2 was really when Persona's western profile starting rising dramatically. P3/P3FES/P3P had a good reception as well (and I actually prefer P3 to 4), but it wasn't as accessible in comparison. Stuff like Giantbomb's playthrough of P4 also helped elevate attention to it.

Nah, the original P4 release on PS2 was really when Persona's western profile starting rising dramatically. P3/P3FES/P3P had a good reception as well (and I actually prefer P3 to 4), but it wasn't as accessible in comparison. Stuff like Giantbomb's playthrough of P4 also helped elevate attention to it.

This is the ticket here. This is probably where most of the good will came from, Atlus USA owes their entire lives to GB.

Just got to how Kershaw doesn't return lol.
We're actually been doing pretty good during his absence. Gain about 4 or so games on the Giants. But in September I see us adding every reliever we can use when the expanded rosters go in effect. Our bullpen is way over used.

Friggz

Tex wasn't going to be back with us next season, but I didn't expect him to retire. He was on a bad contract and injuries just him, but he helped us get a ring. Goodbye sweet tight suit.

Let the bird man era begin!

not sure what you mean by bad contract, but teix has been worth every dollar of his contract and then some.

I see Tex getting a nod for HoF

I don't see it. His numbers are decidedly in the "good, but not great" camp, especially for a 1B, and lump him in with a bunch of other "good, not great" guys like Tino Martinez, Fred McGriff and Carlos Delgado. There's a glut of those guys and I don't think Tex garnered enough "Yankee mystique" to set himself apart.

BumRush

Yeah, I don't see Tex getting in, although a 360 career OBP, 400+ homers, an average yearly WAR of 3.5 and a great glove at 1st make a decent argument.

Top Bottom