• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

Further proving that the Friars know fuck all how to build a team if they are splurging on shit free agents and blaming them for shitty play.

Good comment to sum it up:

The front office made the moves to acquire a bunch of non-stars and then acts completely surprised when the end result is underachievement. He could take some responsibility and say that they will sharpen up their scouting, focus on acquiring players in the upswing of their careers rather than the downturn, and work at building a more stable and successful organization.

Instead he talks about their “attitude” (when that probably should have been a scouting evaluation, if it was so apparent), calls them entitled (when it is their fault for throwing that kind of money around to guys with “bad makeups” and fading skills), and says Kemp’s letter was a bunch of B.S., (even though Kemp spent a good portion of it showing gratitude to the organization and the fanbase).

Summation: This guy is a dickhead. Don’t defend the dickheads.

Draxal

Nah, the original P4 release on PS2 was really when Persona's western profile starting rising dramatically. P3/P3FES/P3P had a good reception as well (and I actually prefer P3 to 4), but it wasn't as accessible in comparison. Stuff like Giantbomb's playthrough of P4 also helped elevate attention to it.

Did Vanilla P4 have controllable party members? I honestly think that's the thing that hurts P3 the most from getting more mass acceptance.

Edit.

And is Tex's press conference still on?

Did Vanilla P4 have controllable party members? I honestly think that's the thing that hurts P3 the most from getting more mass acceptance.

Edit.

And is Tex's press conference still on?

Nope. For both games, the only way to control party members is to play their portable spin offs.

I think tone and color plays a big part in P4's success. P3 looks very much like a mid 2000's AMV with Linkin Park playing over it in the story's tone and color pallete choices, while P4 is much brighter and happier in the story's outlook, and the color pallete matches that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Yep, P4 was when they introduced it. They also simplified some other things over 3 (e.g. only 1 physical attack type instead of 3 different types).

Nope. For both games, the only way to control party members is to play their portable spin offs.

Incorrect sir!

P4 is much brighter and happier in the story's outlook

This made things feel too forced/cliche in many places for me...both games are tropey as hell, but P4 (and especially P4G) kept adding more and more to that.

Draxal

Yep, P4 was when they introduced it. They also simplified some other things over 3 (e.g. only 1 physical attack type instead of 3 different types).

t.

Thanks! (I obviously got lost and I thought I was in the NFL thread seeing you, Sanjuro and Ninja Scooter post; back to the fort).

Friggz

Teix :(

No matter what, thank you for 2009.

Now, it'd be nice if A-Rod/CC did the same thing...

would you turn down 20+ million? im amazed at people that say this stuff. athletes arent any different than you or i. these guys are underpaid as is. they deserve it all.

would you turn down 20+ million? im amazed at people that say this stuff. athletes arent any different than you or i. these guys are underpaid as is. they deserve it all.

I know it's ridiculous, but I'm a sports fan - sports fandom is implicitly ridiculous at its nuts and bolts. I wouldn't turn down 20+ million, and I get why someone who signed a legal contract and legally are owed 20+ million would stick around as long as possible to receive it.

I just don't care when thinking about the future of the Yankees and how all of those millions not being on the books might help that future get good more quickly.

I know it's ridiculous, but I'm a sports fan - sports fandom is implicitly ridiculous at its nuts and bolts. I wouldn't turn down 20+ million, and I get why someone who signed a legal contract and legally are owed 20+ million would stick around as long as possible to receive it.

I just don't care when thinking about the future of the Yankees and how all of those millions not being on the books might help that future get good more quickly.

That's what it is at it's core, yeah. Sports often has us thinking of athletes as commodities. Like they are faceless, mindless drones that are only defined by the price tag they come with, so we forget to think of them as people.

Both you and Friggz raise valid points.

Friggz

I'm just pointing out that only the super elite get in. If Delgado had gotten 500 home runs, he probably would've been in. Same with Teixera.

i agree. only the elite should get in. but your statement made it sound like delgado was a better player. when he wasnt.

Tex's prime years coincided with my *look at the Jays record and roster, cry crocodile tears, watch World Series* relationship with baseball: 1995 - 2009.

RBH

I just ran into Freddie Freeman at Starbucks. Told him to come to GAF to put Barves GAF at ease.

Did he try to hug you?

tumblr_ms8821rJop1spldcao1_1280.jpg

So MLB-GAF, I need some detective work done:

This I found in my brother's old stuff that he forget to take with him when he moved.

There's two things I am sure of with this signed ball:

- It's from the time period of 1984 - 1994, when Bobby Brown was president of the AL

- The first name can be made out as "Brook"

- I surmise it's from either the Mariners, Jays or Expos as those were the closest teams at the time period I'm thinking of (Early 90's, when my brother was younger)

Any of you can help?

Toronto people think every Blue Jay is at least 3x better than they really are.

Vive les expos!

Then explain my utter hatred of Pillar and Smoak?

Oh and fuck JP Arencibia.

And the only HOF worthy players that the Jays drafted are Halladay and Delgado. Obviously Halladay is the better candidate.

Silver Arrows... please tell me you're joking. You're joking, right?

If you're not joking... that's Brooks Robinson dude. That ball's a keeper!

This I found in my brother's old stuff that he forget to take with him when he moved.

- It's from the time period of 1984 - 1994, when Bobby Brown was president of the AL

- I surmise it's from either the Mariners, Jays or Expos as those were the closest teams at the time period I'm thinking of (Early 90's, when my brother was younger)

Any of you can help?
That's a Brooks Conrad signed baseball. Braves-GAF might fight you for it. Congrats on the easy money!

Any of you can help?

I'll take it from you for... lets say $20.

I think that's a fair price.

(That's worth $200 and signed by the greatest third basemen in history, fucking keep that shit)

Verlander is fucking good.

The fact that he's made this comeback after losing his fastball is really, really impressive.

Gives me hope Noah isn't boned.

I'll take it from you for... lets say $20.

I think that's a fair price.

(That's worth $200 and signed by the greatest third basemen in history, fucking keep that shit)

I have a ball that is signed by the greatest third baseman!!!!

Mike "Mother Fucking" Schmidt

That's an awesome keep though Silver Arrows.

It's almost like the Mets should have put their injured pitcher on the DL two months ago to avoid his arm being spent by the 4th inning now.

Top Bottom