• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016 Regular Season |OT2| - ASMR Edition ...with Ketchup

What has turned me off of P5 weirdly is the people who are trying to start a JRPG war over that and FFXV of which is gonna be better....

It's so fucking stupid, I hate all these "wars" over videogames.

What has turned me off of P5 weirdly is the people who are trying to start a JRPG war over that and FFXV of which is gonna be better....

fandom wars are stupid......
except when the Mests win! ugh! eh, whatever at this point. just wish I could have gone to the game.

Considering they both come out in the same month, this is no surprise. But it really boils down to the fact that Persona is the hotshot rookie (relatively speaking) to FF's grizzled veteran. FF has been in a bad rut and what has been shown lately isn't instilling a lot of confidence, so here comes a series with lots of flash, flair, and momentum coming in.

Considering they both come out in the same month, this is no surprise. But it really boils down to the fact that Persona is the hotshot rookie (relatively speaking) to FF's grizzled veteran. FF has been in a bad rut and what has been shown lately isn't instilling a lot of confidence, so here comes a series with lots of flash, flair, and momentum coming in.

Persona is not young at all though. The first Persona came out in 1996.

But still the fact should be that we don't get many big budget japanese games anymore so people should want both to succeed. Hell people should want most games to succeed. They are just for fun anyway

Persona is not young at all though. The first Persona came out in 1996.

But still the fact should be that we don't get many big budget japanese games anymore so people should want both to succeed. Hell people should want most games to succeed. They are just for fun anyway

I mean that in the sense that Persona's profile hasn't really been an issue until P4G came out and became one of the few games that you absolutely needed to play on Vita. Granted, this is conjecture, as my first exposure to the series came with P4G since it was recommend in my hunt for a Vita. FWIW, Persona 1 was released when I was born.

BumRush

I'm with you. It means we get to play two (hopefully) great games.

Gran Puma

Neo Member
Tribe win! and in glorious fashion! What's the deal with Minn., they're playing lights out ball and not even in consideration for a wild card spot, team is seriously good

They just have our number this year. Just like Detroit owned us for 3 years from approximately 2010-2013. A team completely owning another is one of the unexplained mysteries of baseball.

Choomp

Banned
Is there really any question that P5 is going to be better? Seriously, what was the last good Final Fantasy game? 12?

Not going to start a war over it, but I know what I'd put my money on.

Final Fantasy fans suck dude. Most of the games have always been stale to me too. 7 is one of the most overrated games ever but it's ok, and 13 is an absolute trainwreck. 12 is cool though I'll agree

Persona 4 golden is one of the best pieces of media ever though and I'll stand by that

Final Fantasy fans suck dude. Most of the games have always been stale to me too. 7 is one of the most overrated games ever but it's ok, and 13 is an absolute trainwreck. 12 is cool though I'll agree

Persona 4 golden is one of the best pieces of media ever though and I'll stand by that

P4G is one of the most uplifting games I've ever played alongside the Katamari games.

RBH

Ender Inciarte has been terrific lately at the plate, in addition to being terrific defensively all season long.

Is there really any question that P5 is going to be better? Seriously, what was the last good Final Fantasy game? 12?

Not going to start a war over it, but I know what I'd put my money on.

I mean I assume it will be better but that doesn't mean FFXV won't be good. They have a new team new directors so it could work out for the best.

My point exactly

can't tell if serious or not.

wbsmcs

Astros could have really used AJ Reed or Bregman to actually do something. I know it's small sample sizes for them, but Carlos Correa did give them enough to get into the postseason last year. Mariners might be jumping them soon.

Edit: And I know they have a bright future ahead, but specifically this year, one of those guys being an above average bat would have been huge.

No, it's happening. We're having a war right now

OZJP2OQ.gif

Didn't they announce Next Valentines Day as the US release date?

Yeah and I don't buy it.I have serious doubts in their ability to localize it fast enough.

Don't care tho, will buy and 100% both versions because I'm an insane person who loves him some pretend Japanese high school.

Yeah and I don't buy it.I have serious doubts in their ability to localize it fast enough.

They have to, considering it is a marketing coup, one of the few things Atlus USA has had going for them on that front.

If they even try to delay it from then, there will be hell rising up. Especially considering that Western fans have to wait 5 months with people who already have copies probably spoiling every damn thing, alongside an anime tie in doing the same thing.

They have to, considering it is a marketing coup, one of the few things Atlus USA has had going for them on that front.

If they even try to delay it from then, there will be hell rising up. Especially considering that Western fans have to wait 5 months with people who already have copies probably spoiling every damn thing, alongside an anime tie in doing the same thing.

giphy.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

It took 5 months for NA to get Persona 4 after Japan as well.

Same with Golden.

I mean, hell, Persona 3 came out a full YEAR after JP release.

It was 5 months that NA got Persona 4 after Japan.

Same with Golden.

At the same time though, lets be honest, not many people cared compared to Persona 5 currently. And by that same margin, it should have been priority number 1 to develop the English localization in lockstep with Japanese development. Atlus is big enough to do that now, they aren't some plucky little underdog anymore. FFXV is doing the exact same thing, is it not releasing on September 30th worldwide? I don't follow the game.

Choomp

Banned

Don't care tho, will buy and 100% both versions because I'm an insane person who loves him some pretend Japanese high school.

Listen, I get it, I'd probably actually choose to be a Japanese high school student if given the choice for whatever reason, but are buying these foreign versions this early worth the trouble?

Listen, I get it, I'd probably actually choose to be a Japanese high school student if given the choice for whatever reason, but are buying these foreign versions this early worth the trouble?

Depends if you really want to play it, and are actively in the sub or dub battle.

If you answered no to both of these, just wait.

Top Bottom